ITT: We thank Germany for creating the GOAT breed of dog

ITT: We thank Germany for creating the GOAT breed of dog

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/xamfogo/status/771434822426300420
youtube.com/watch?v=CKhS2LjmIAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had two males before, had to give them up due to living arrangements.

Dogs became beasts, and I had them hand trained to a T.
I miss them every now and then.

That's shitty. I couldn't imagine having to give my dogs up

agreed.

bravo deutschland

Torn between this and a Golden Retriever as my first dog

I love how smart German Shepherds are but Goldie's are so loving

>artificially created races
>good

These genetic monstruosities tend to die in horrible ways

"haha but they're cuteee :333" mixing a mother with his son, his son with the mother, the mother with the grandchild to create a race is a terrible mistake

I think these specific dogs become paralyzed waist down, but when they become an older race (they're pretty new) the genetic degeneration will become more and more evident

agreed, I only have wolves and bobcats as pets

Agreed. Had thats on dacha in childhood.

I agree, but to add a bit of nuance to your post:
there is a working breed (used by police for example) and a show breed. the show breed is an absolute genetic trainwreck, the dogs cant even walk normally once they reach adulthood, but the working breed is *reasonably* healthy (for a dog breed, that is)

healthiest doggo you could get would be a wild mix with the only "pure" ingredients being working breeds

German Shepherds are loving too. They're fiercely loyal and dedicated to their owners.

Goldens are so boring and generic.

>using a pic from PETA
Disregarded

I got a street doggo when he was a puppy, he isn't of any race and looks nice and beautiful, he is polite and loving and despite being 13 years old and not having the best life (i'm poor) he is healthy af, my grandma had a french dog before this and died at age 9

video of him twitter.com/xamfogo/status/771434822426300420

German Shephards are fucking loving. They light up with joy whenever they see their owners

Dogs are shit tier animals and pets.

It's ashame that they have been bred to destruction. My uncles Shepard can't even use it's back legs anymore and it's only 6 years old and will probably be dead in a few months.

Everyone knows Britain has the best dog breeds

>buen chico iiiiiiiiii

That's not a Malamute.

i sound retarded but we're best friends and i don't think what i say

Shouldn't have gotten a show line.

Working line GSDs are the only acceptable choice. I think they look better anyway

I understand the text, but seem you got the wrong pic.

Come on mate...

Border Collies are fucking based.

It's a simple fact lad

They look great with natural ears. Cropped ears look fucking horrible.

Yeah, here it is not even allowed anymore. Animal abuse. Sometimes even liberal faggots get stuff right.

Dog breeders have fucked up German Shepherds permanently. Dutch or Belgian sheps are the the best option now. They are real working dogs though, which is more than most people want.

>everything PETA says is automatically false, even if it's correct

There's several varieties of coats.

Muh nigga.

Dutch Shepherds are fucking awesome. If I get a second dog it will definitely be a Dutch Shepherd.

>retarded dogfags buying specific breeds of dogs and supporting the cancerous breeding industry

is there anything more stupid and mentally deficient than a fucking dogfag?

Belgian malinois is better

Nothing wrong with specific dogs being bred for what they were bred for.
The show fags are the real cancer. Breeding dogs just for looks so they can win a show, to the detriment of the dog's health.

>own a pure bred jack russell terrier
>got her from a rescue, not a breeder
She's a god-tier dog, and very calm for her breed. She's my first dog and it's hard to watch her get older and weaker

>adopted street mutt
check
>13years
check
>poor ad
check
r u me?

>jack russell terrier

Would love one so much.
Really cute and the smallest dogs that can be called dogs, not fucking hamsters. Sadly what I read they are normally not calm at all and need a lot attention.

This. There was nothing wrong with german shepherds a few decades ago. The working lines are still quite a bit better than show lines.

My dog was from a shelter, and I think its great for people to adopt stray dogs. But, in the US, there are way fewer shelter dogs than there used to be. The spay/neuter efforts have been really successful. SInce I didn't want a pit or a chihuahua mix, I was searching for months until finding my current shepherd/husky mix.

However, this all means that dog breeding needs to happen. New dogs have to get made, and if they aren't made accidentally, they must get bred. If you aren't trying to go for the retarded caricature dogs that breeders go for, you can breed healthy animals. Chasing recessive genes that give you exagerated breed features is what causes problems. FCI line dutch/belgian shepherds are very healthy dogs, and they actually cross breed them. Same deal with Alaskan huskies. If you just breed dogs for function, and not autistically breeding them for form, it is fine.

She's ridiculously smart. Only real problem with her is that I didn't get her as a puppy, and she wasn't socialized properly, so she doesn't do well around other dogs

She jumped on the back of this beagle that was twice her size and started trying to gnaw on its neck. Beagle was fine, funniest thing I've ever seen

is that you andorra?

actually I'm fairly sure this is the best dog

why the long face buddy lmao

if you can find a proper German Shephard anymore it shouldn't be bred for looks, but for health. However, yes, most dog breeds now are completely fucked because people want cute dogs. I think the only breed left healthy nowadays are greyhounds that are bred for racing.

pic of yours

their faces aren't much longer than the German Shephards I don't think

however their necks are girraffe tier

>a Golden Retriever

The GOAT British dog breed. Get that instead of the boring German one m8.

True, true.

I've become partial to the Welsh collie recently.

The smartest thing to come out of Australia was the Australian shepherd tbqh

These new breeds (less than 1000 years old) are all synthetic, artificial shits.
GOAT dog is kangal, from the ancient anatolian heartland, protecting herds since the first days of civilization.

The Australian shepherd actually originates from the western US. The Aussie cattledog is actually australian though.

>Australian shepherd actually originates from the western US
ahahahaha how will the bogans ever recover from this

German Shepherd+Carpathian wolf= Czechoslovak wolfdog, sadly a failed experiment

I have a Miniature Schnauzer, nice breed tbqh, not sure if he is purebred though.

a cute.

I've had a few Rottweilers early in my life, very strong and feared dogs but extremely loyal and kind.

I have a few Australian Sheperds right now.

Pic related is the Belgian sheperd.

the east german breed was superior but the filthy west germans killed them after annexing us

I like them as much with or without cropped ears.
A few years ago, a commie deputee wanted to allow ear cropping again and proposed a law project for that. I think he's right, if you don't want your dog to have cropped ears, it's okay, but let the one who want their dog's to have them cropped cropped. Some breeds have suffered from this ban, and at least when it's legal, the people who absolutely want to have them cropped won't be seeing gypsy fucks who work in shitty conditions and without anesthesis.

Thank you for Dogmeat.

how do you keep so many dogs in belgium?

Official dog rankings with some examples
1.) Gun Dogs
>Setters
>Retreivers
2.) Working Dogs
>Shepherds
>Resucue dogs
>huskie &c
3.) Meme dogs
>Great Dane
>Boxer
>bulldog
4.) Fighting breeds
>rottweiler
>doberman
>pit bull
5.) Cat dogs
>terrier
>pekingese
>chihuahua

Pic is a Llewellyn Setter, greatest dog breed ever

>I've had a few Rottweilers early in my life, very strong and feared dogs but extremely loyal and kind.

Rotties are fantastic dogs. I had one growing up, he was smart as hell. They are always a bit suspicious of strangers in the house. You don't wind up with people agression unless you socialize them badly, though.

Rotties are great with kids.

Belgium is full of dog-owning scum
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mudslime and hate dogs, I hate the owners, since here they let their dogs shit everywhere. The whole of Brussels is a dedicated dog shitting city.

Am I the only one with a husky? I just love how silly they are and how much they enjoy running. Also no wories about freezing to death in winter

how do huskies feel in the summer? do they get affected by the heat?

Dog thread?

Portuguese Shepherd (Serra da Estrela) can kick your German shepherd pussies' ass.

But he wouldn't, because all shepherd dogs are based and equally awesome.

we're not allowed to legally have huskies or samoyeds because of our climate

Another one.

Miserable, usually. Trimming their fur is worse, though. Keep them indoors if your house is cool, for the love of god. Some cunts have them here, and the poor things always look exhausted.

getting a greyhound in october (ex race doggo)

This is our native breed, not really fancy, just big work dogs.

They are prettier than me.

Y-you're welcome, world...

Underrated breed desu

>wolfdog breeds

literally pleb tier

This
My Llewellyn, named Sadie GOAT dog desu

>implying

Retrievers are the best

nothing better than going out with my retriever, shooting a bird and having her retrieve it

A good versatile setter can point, flush, and retrieve though.

What's your point

What is a good dog that would like to go inna woods maybe 2 hours a day every day, even in winter, but chill the rest of the time, and I don't want one that sheds much

That's exactly what's great about gun dogs, especially setters. They call them the "gentlemen's breed," because they are extremely active, alert, and useful in the field, but in the home they basically turn into a big lap dog, totally relaxed and calm taking their mood cues from the owner and family. Plus, despite being a longer haired breed they don't shed at any time if the year.
That's exactly what I wanted when I found this breed, a dog to go hunting, hiking, etc, year round, but that was chill and low maintenance at home. I will never own another type of dog now.

Sounds cool, I forgot to say I wanted a medium sized dog, those are about right.
Do they bark much, can I easily train them to be quiet?

If I ever get a dog it would be a smaller kind, larger dogs have such massive poops and having to pick that shit up and feel the poopheat in the hand is absolutely disgusting

bernese mountain dogs look very nice apart from that
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjsV14-lfc

Mine barks if someone pulls into the dooryard, but I like that. They are an extremely intelligent and trainable breed though so if you wanted them not to bark it would be easy. Mine learned tricks like lay down or shake paw in as little as 30 minutes and never forgets them. Just remember, they only respond to positive reinforcement, punishment isn't the way to go with them.

Post meme tier dogs

thank you germany :)
boxers would be first but they have trouble breathing

I always thought doggos were fairly static evolution. can i not find a german shepard like how they used to make them? I wil not support evil industry

There was never a historic concept of dog breeds like we have now. It's literally a 19th century invention. Previously, there were "landraces" of dogs unique to various areas. Eugenics-obsessed Victorian breeders took these and made the abominations we have today.

Na, it sucks anyways.
Can't try to ban muslims cutting their kids dicks and still allow people to cut their dogs ears/tails.

>4.) Fighting breeds
>doberman

Are you black?

> all these sissy looking dogs

LMAOing @ you. pic related is the ARGENTINE STALLION, only a pitbull and a rottweiler could compete

Nigger tier dogs desu

Not even sure the Rottweiler was a fighting breed either?

say that to their face, fucker, and see what happens

youtube.com/watch?v=CKhS2LjmIAk

>Na, it sucks anyways.
It doesn't, it is beneficial for working breeds, and doesn't cause that much pain anymore because of anesthesis.

Oh christ, do they cut their fucking ears off to make them look like your first pic?
As I said, nigger tier.

Nope, but they would do well better.

They are no working breeds, tho.
Unless you are some loan shark of course.

Leave it to Americans to ruin your best dog breed.

They did the same with Dobermanns. Probably still do in shitty countries.
Compare
And this pic.

May have been usefull back when they were really used to protect their owners, especially from other humans, because you could not grab them at their ears/tail, but today... just for wannabe tough guys.