Admit it, you would use it if you had a job

Admit it, you would use it if you had a job.

actually if I had a job I'd be using linux because I can't develop my language on windows

6figure fag here, I go out of my way to not use it.

As soon as these video encoders die off, we can say winblows has been exterminated in my enterprise. And good fucking riddance.

at work, we use W7 :^)

The military uses Windows. Very unfortunate.

this, there is no reason for enterprise to switch until security updates are no more

I use a completely un-updated SP1 install of Windows 7 on all my computers.

I have a job and I don't use it. Fuck off with your flamewar bullshit

I installed Windows on spare computer for kicks after using Debian as my main OS for a year. I installed Debian on it in less then 24 hours.

Windows is terribly inefficient

Only gamers use windows. Successful professionals use apple, bullied contrarian betas use linux

I do use it at work and the most lovely part about it is that the main program (EZ-Mill) we use at work runs terribly on Windows 10, but everything else works just fine. I've gotten used to the lag, but everyone else hates using that PC and does their work on the Windows 7 and XP PCs whenever possible.

We use Windows 10 at work. Some of the computers bluescreen almost every day.

Root

Already using it, bu hate having to deal with the telemetry and forced-upgrade shit. W7 just wasn't cutting it for me anymore - the lack of included drivers and good UEFI/GPT support were getting me down.

At this point, you either get into programming or you go mac.

What are those windows only video encoders?

>either get into programming
Well I'm a 4th-year CS major with an Arch dual boot, so already a bit too late to go back on that.
>or you go mac
Way too much invested in my current hardware to spend double that again for Apple.

>have a job
>remotely connect from windows into linux servers

I'd prefer using OSX but the client doesn't like that very much

The air force made its own Linux distro, but it's only really used to overcome the ungodly compatibility issues that come with the DoD's hellish attempts to computer.

"Our shit's so secure that even we can't use it"

I don't have a job.

nigga i'd be laughed out of the office if I came into work with windows on my laptop tf?

Can confirm, have job and use windows. Pretty much it's only purpose is to access management interfaces and use putty to access real computers though.

>i use windows and it’s CONTROVERSIAL amongst my sheeple friends

Literally does not happen in real life. Windows is still VERY popular, you contrarian fag

>do use it
>at home
>also at work

Amongst my friends maybe. Not lying when I say I wouldn't be taken seriously at work.

If i used it while i had a job, the downtimes would guarantee that i would lose that job.

Not that user, but can vouch to an extent and comment on DOD software engineering and confirm any actually important system stays very, very far away from Windows.

I use it for gaming on my desktop, which dual boots Ubuntu.

I use Ubuntu at work because I'm a developer and it's comfy af. Windows is great if you development *for Windows* or you're a spreadsheet jockey.

Took the bait. Good job.

how do i activate this piece of shit again? 10 pro

I have a job and W10 is fucking garbage. W7 all the wae.

Have a job, one that requires me (all of us) to be productive. So, no. No Win10 in my workplace or home life. Win7 and linux. I also play with OpenBSD and FireflyBSD and have been becoming more & more happy & impressed with major improvements over the last couple of years.

When we post for new positions, familiarity with linux is always listed as a requirement. The only people who use Win7 are people who specifically need some sort of compatibility with it, and every install I'm aware of is by VM. Our general workforce uses Debian stable + XFCE that's been tweaked for our environment, although people are also free to change their DE so long as it doesn't interrupt their productivity. Some tasks require software designed for Windows, but almost everyone uses what they need under WINE, with the exceptions as described above. Fun side effect: anyone who can suggest an improvement does, it gets evaluated and adopted if it generally adds value to the workplace.

This policy started when Win8 was introduced and saved us at least a quarter million just in licensing fees since then, and probably several thousand hours every year in lost productivity. In addition, we've saved another quarter million or (probably) more in vastly reduced hardware upgrades and replacements. People just work, problems get solved in minutes and then work continues. And, after 5+ years, so few problems crop up that I can't even remember the last one. In 2016 sometime? Maybe?

tl;dr - we don't hire brainlets. If you can't linux in our environment, your contract ends and you are replaced with someone who can. Very, very comfy work environment. Can't name one retard in the company.

Windows
>Plug new device into usb
>Your device is set up for you and works three seconds later
Linux
>Plug device into USB
>uhhhhh maybe the wiki has an instruction manual about configuring this

>t. uhhhhh maybe the LOO has an instruction manual about configuring POO IN IT

It takes 24 hours to install friggin' Debian, ya shameless nimrod.

"The Office" is where all your work mates wear hippie sandals and hipster beards, yeah?

yeah pretty much.

Then your systems Admin should be asked to vacate his current position in favor of someone who is competent.

I wouldn't if I were about to be killed by a Windows Death Squad.

Company is called Harmonic

Ironically, most NEETs of the world use windows.

Geophysics. We were taught to use seismic interpretation software on the school's 100% FOSS Linux lab, and I'm just a lowly intern for now but everyone at the company who doesn't do administrative or accounting runs a Debian workstation.

What now?

I run Windows 10 LTSB on my laptop, for now anyway, linux mint was slightly faster but other than that LTSB is surprisingly good.
I mostly need it for my h-games tho no lie.

>no lie
Fuck off troll, I don't believe that a Sup Forums user would base their choice of OS on what hentai games are available on it. Would never happen.

You must not know Sup Forums very well

Huh? I have a job, and I do use it. However, I also use my mactop, linux servers, and test builds on my ios and android devices.

Fucking hate this meme. Plenty of people make 6 figures on all operating systems, many doing the same using all of of them or some of them.

Non-autists use what they need to. Autists force everything to bend to some mentally broken concept. Guess who I hire?

Even at my job I use Linux.

>putty
>not using openssh

I'm a sysadmin and I'm the one guy in the company using GNU/Linux. Everyone else is dicking around with putty while I'm using tmux and editing sudoers on all 37 of one client's machines at once.

>Associating having Windhoes 10 with having a job

Ironic shitpost considering it was/is "free"

>almost pajeet, almost.

But I am using it, user.

t. Never worked with Linux
What are you talking about mate? Whenever I plug shit into Windows it can barely recognise the device and it renders my PC unusable for the next 10 minutes because it's looking for drivers and it usually fails. Linux has preinstalled drivers, plug shit in and it just works™.

>AMD

Nope, all Intel powered Chinkcentres for our dual 1440p.