Pens

Convince me not to get this pen. Solid brass. German mechanism. Takes Pilot G2 refills.

Also Pen General

What are you writing with Sup Forums?

Y tho

>What are you writing with Sup Forums?
Jinhao 126. It's a decent signature pen but I need something thicker for actually writing, this shit cramps the fuck out of my hand after a while

I keep breaking my plastic pens

I know this is probably a shameless advert, but I'm also looking for a good pen. I use a shitty pen yet I'm a crypto millionaire. So what should I use?

Why should I pay $100, yet the refill will just be cheap? If a $100 pen uses the same refill as a $5 pen, why not just get the $5 pen? It just seems like a goddamn scam.

>pilot g2
>not uniball jetstream

The $5 pen won't feel and look as nice. I don't think it's worth it either but it'd definitely be better than a $5 oen

>What are you writing with Sup Forums?
A keyboard.

>ball pen
>not fountain pen

I'm not going to convince you to not get that pen. If I had the money, I'd buy one.

I bought a pilot MR. They're cheap and surprisingly durable. I've dropped it a few times and used it as a daily writer at work for a few months and I don't have a single scratch on it. I ended up giving a few out at work as Christmas gifts and everyone loves them.

>buy 5 dollar pen
>it breaks before you finish the ink
>buy another 5 dollar pen
>oh shit it breaks, again
>keep buying pens and collecting half empty cartridges

have you tried both? how does the jetstream compare

>fagpens

I use BIC Grip Rollers, the best customizable free pen

>buy 100 dollar fountain pen
>buy ink
>for literally generations, all you have to buy is some ink
Bonus:
>a lot more comfortable
>faster writing
>more readable thanks to the comfort of not having to hold your pen vertically at all times
>it's literally a shame to use a ball pen in formal situations
Why are ball suckers so cucked?

>hold your pen vertically at all times
???

and fountian pens are no longer used by professionals for a reason

>finicky
>slow
>fragile

Rollerballs are the upgrade. The future is now old man.

Fragile? I mean, if you drop it on the nib you've got a bent nib

Finicky? Cheap shitty ones can leak I guess, and you gotta wipe the ink out of the cap sometimes.

Slow? Just not true at all. Absolute joy to write with

Maybe don't treat nice stuff like shit and you can have nice stuff. The real reason people moved to rollerballs is because they're cheap as fuck and literally a rounding error of the population give a shit.

Buy it if you want to buy it.

whatever you say dude, only fedoras use fountain pens on a regular basis

tho i bet you only use yours once a year and just shitpost pictures of it online

Some people like investing in the little things in life, and this group is far from only being comprised of betas.

Good mechanical pencils that can be easily refilled forever > shitty fucking pens

I am in no way a pen enthusiast, but I use an expensive fountain pen (that was gifted to me) on a daily basis. I do enjoy writing with it. Why does everything have to have some form of "if you use this/ like this you are an autist/faggot"? I don't get it, it's like the people on both sides who shit up apple threads. What's the fucking point, who even gives a fuck.

Accidental extension in bag/pocket
Tiscribe Bolt

Like what? I do have a limited need for pencils.

And where do you get pencil lead after they stop making it? At least fountain pens can be run indefinitely on homebrew ink.

This is part of Sup Forums. Someone starts a thread, someone shits on his choice. They fight. Others jump in. It's the circle of life

I got a xaiomi metal pen but it can barely right so I just use a laser pointer pen I got for free at work

I can easily refill my fountain pen forever as well

I don't give a fuck what you can do you stupid fucking piece of shit

- beaten up Parker Esprit telescopic (always have in jacket)

- Xiaomi metal pen in office (with aftermarket blue refill). Really like how that thing writes.

>says the cuck whose words will never be immortalized

says a lot about a man when anything you write can be destroyed by a literal chunk of tree sap and his writing instrument of choice is primarily used by and suggested for children

Go fuck a chainsaw sideways

t. Ribbitor

>shill thread turns into fountain vs ball fight, then both gang up on a pencil guy

Step aside ladies.

Get a fountain pen. No ballpoint writes as smoothly as one. Plus, you have so many more ink options than cartridges.

Pic related isn’t my pic, but it’s the same model pen I use (Faber-Castell Loom).

How durable/fast is it? I carry pens all day for work in rough conditions and write on several types of paper.

Uniball Jetstream 0.5

Also have a tuff writer... If you're going to get the KK, consider the brass bottom with an aluminum upper to bias the weight lower.

It feels very solid; it’s mostly aluminum so it will survive drops etc. just fine.

But if you’re writing on bad paper, fountain pens in general are probably a bad idea. The smoothness comes in part from more ink being used, so bad/thin paper tends to cause feathering, bleeding etc. The only option would be to get a Japanese fine or extra-fine pen since that would have less ink used. The Loom is also pretty unique in that it’s extra-fine nib is close to a Japanese one (whereas the other nibs match normal European widths), so that’s still an option.

There are people still writing on paper?

I use paper even when programming

At work it's annotating receipts and shitty copier paper

last i checked the nsa/israel can't hack paper

Name of 100$ fountain pen that will last generations? Genuinely curious.

>Sup Forums Sup Forums
>this group is far from only being comprised of betas

A Japanese extra-fine fountain pen with receipt-friendly ink would work. Try a fine Pilot Metropolitan.

>reading comprehension
>you

>>it breaks before you finish the ink

This has literally never happened in my entire life. Holy shit we truly are occupied by paid shills. Yeah I'll take the $5 pen now, thanks pajeet.

Not all of us can sit on welfare.

Just get a nice 20-30$ fountain pen, you'll never go back if you enjoy handwriting.

Man, my handwriting got so much better after getting a fountain pen. Part of it was because I started giving a shit after I got one and forced myself to write well, but there was a noticeable improvement right off the bat.

I tried cursive after a decade of only using it for my signature when I got my fountain pen and it turns out that I can write in cursive better than manuscript

but can anyone else read it?

That's the main difference, my cursive is legible

How come there are always idiots who find a way to be elitists, even for the pettiest of things?
You morons wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 2$ and 100$ pen in a blind test. You just see that one is expensive and feels heavy, so it must be good. They all accomplish the same thing, leaving marks on paper. The technical differences are incredibly negligible and practically non-existent once applied to the outcome.
But your lives are so pathetic that you must take bold stances for everything, just to feel exquisite in at least something.

>Buying pens when you can just pick one up off the floor

>Convince me not to get this pen
Pens with metal sections are particularly slippery after moderate use, if you don't clean it after a while of having used it the sweat can oxidize the surface and leave your hand with a weird metal/sweat smell. Brass can be heavy depending on how thick it was machined, not something you'd desire depending on how long you'll be writing.

>What are you writing with
Old made in england dark teal Parker 51 aerometric with a medium nib. Shit's indestructible practically. Other than the frosted finish on the cap it still looks like new. It's also so well balanced and well put together you just want to write all day.

>I'm also looking for a good pen
Ballpoints are good all around, I recommend the Parker Jotter personally. Rollerballs are meant to offer a compromise in using water based ink while having a rolling tip. I don't really like this as it's not as smooth as a fountain pen and the ink isn't as non-problematic as ballpoint ink. If you're willing to consider a fountain pen for whatever reason, I'd invest in either a Pilot Custom 74 or a Sailor Pro Gear Slim for a gold nibbed pen. Japanese fountain pen companies currently offer what is pretty much the best writing experiences out there. Another alternative from an european maker would be the Lamy 2000.

>Why should I pay $100, yet the refill will just be cheap?
A pen and ink colour of your own choice can be a very personal item to have much like a reliable, expensive watch. Said item can have a good effect in some small moments during your day, like when you're taking a quick note or writing on a journal. You end up appreciating not only the writing experience but also having something that isn't disposable when you're done using it, which you can possibly carry through your life and pass it on to someone meaningful to you. It all comes down to preference and, to some extent, materialism, however. If you find it hard justifying spending that money, I'd avoid it.

I have a fountain pen and i like it but i can barely write with it since the inke doesnt seem to come out fast enough so the line always breaks and looks like shit.

Thats why Im using pilot gtec c4

What am I doing wrong?

>not a fountain pen
kill yourself brainlet

a well built pen will
>last forever
>be comfortable for use
>improve your image
>be good for the environment, since it doesn't pollute with plastic

fucking pajeet poorfags like you make this world even worse than it is

Or you could just donate the $2k you spent on a pen of all things to a homeless shelter and buy a $2 dollar pen instead, as it accomplishes the same thing without making you look like a faggy soyboy with pussy hands whilst making you a hero to society. Sorry, virgin, but looks like Pajeet wins this one.

Can anyone recommend a routine to improve? Like I know write more and I do but I feel a little blind with no feedback. I feel like I'm doing my same habits.

The handwriting subreddit has a lot of resources but nothing like a routine.

Someone recommend me a good quality pen. Im looking for a smooth writing pen, i feel like pilot g2s just scratch paper instead of glide if that makes sense

Anything under 20$ please, cheaper is better since i have no clue what I'm getting into

Cheap pens, 5€(silver) / 10€(black)

>yet I'm a crypto millionaire
not after today lol

kek

>I'm a crypto millionaire
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pelikan M200

Pilot Metropolitan is a good starter pen under $20.

Piolet parallel 1.5mm it's pretty sexy, and super satisfying to write cursive with

Piolet graph gear 0.3. Pretty good, you can get a lot of detail with it

Go for the fountain meme then.
Like you said, the actual writing mechanism will be exactly the same cheap manufactured shit no matter how expensive the pen body is.
With fountains you actually get a better nib if you pay more.
Plus they're arguable cheaper to run and certainly better for the environment because you just buy a big pot of ink instead of needing to buy proprietary ink cartridges with plastic casing and their own rollerball.

Damn user, I only just feel for the fountain meme yesterday but you're giving me cravings to buy more.
This is one sexy pen.

Because Bic Round Stic was invented and popularized, rendering all other pens eternally BTFO. They even come in both click and cap varieties. Come home, son.

I use those blue Bic pens.

>m200
>generations
It's possible, if every single user wasn't a complete retard and took exceptional care of the pen.
I cannot agree with this because every Pelikan under the M800 series is not manufactured in such a way as to promote a sense of longevity. What I mean by this: every (modern) pelikan, sovereign grade or otherwise, with the differential piston mechanism that is not M800 or M1000 based is a totally plastic mechanism. Unlike the brass piston mechanism found in those two mentioned ranges, the piston mech. in the m600,m400,m300,m200 have are not screwed in, but rather are attached by plastic pins. This means that maintenance by way of removal of the piston mechanism is much more difficult compared to the brass screwed mechanisms, and the pins will just break.

I have a feeling that Pelikan just replace the entire barrel rather than bother fixing these models.

Hence why the M800 are such fine pens. Looong from now you should be able to find an O-ring or whatever to replace the seal yourself if it came down to that. No such luck with the plastic piston models.

The only exception to this is the vintage homage series, 101N's or whatever they're called (the pelikan 100 remakes); those mechanisms, though all plastic, just screw out easily, almost like a Noodler's Konrad (or, rather, like the predecessor to the konrad that I don't believe had a name).

If longevity is the name of the game, avoid the lower numbered pelikans. It's M800 - M1000 et al., or bust.

A cheapo gold nibbed Sailor, Pilot or Platinum entry level pen (that could conceivably be found at 100 buck) with an easily replaceable converter system will last "for generations".

Shit, buy a noodler's acrylic konrad and a bag of O-rings, maybe a spare feed or two and there's a generational pen. Pop in a gold nib and you'll have something that'll last longer.

>tfw can't keep a pen more than one day without losing it so I'm stuck with bic shit

Careful there sonny jim, if you're not careful you'll be spending far too much money than can ever be considered sane on pens.
Fucking pens.
(PENS).
I'm waiting on 4 (fucking) pens to come in now. I've been in this game for a decade or more, and though it has waxed and waned the hunger never truly goes away.

Trust me, I was the same. When you invest in a pen, you keep track of it.