The Uzbekistanian president, Islam Karimov, who held the presidency since the country was liberated from the U.S.S.R...

The Uzbekistanian president, Islam Karimov, who held the presidency since the country was liberated from the U.S.S.R. is now dead.

Let us have a thread for the fellow, and a thread about Uzbekistan. Pray for his soul.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Karimov#Policies_towards_Islam
youtube.com/watch?v=twUH35iLNYU
youtube.com/watch?v=_0kuUc7t8fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who? where?

Wow! hot a what baabhabhiat

Who's going to be the next dictator uhhmm I mean president of the liberated, free and capitalistic Uzbekistan?

Tragic, but now Uzbekistan might become a new member of the Eurasian Union (I guess so)

>want to make a thread about this
>figure it would be appropriate in Sup Forums
>nobody there cares, they make shitty meme replies and the thread quickly dies

Hopefully Sup Forums is a better place for these discussions.

Was he Turkmenistan tier dictator or was he benevolent ?

if they don't have a dictator they'll slowly become sharia freaks

No it's not

t.Ivan Maslakov

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Karimov#Policies_towards_Islam
>Ordinary practicing Muslims have been targeted and jailed without trial

Based Karimov

>Hopefully Sup Forums is a better place for these discussions.

It's actually even worse. Yes Sup Forums is filled with autists and retards, but Sup Forums is just a bunch of teenagers.

>literally named 'Islam'
>oppresses Muslims

kek

I don't there's any board suitable to talk about it unfortunately.

Kind of ironic coming from a colony full of Christian fundamentalists

which is why i hate religions

Are ye product of incest?

nah
probably just education

no

>boiled political prisoners alive
>Andijan massacre with hundreds of deaths
>the most brutal and isolationist regime in Central Asia

I wonder what happens now when he's finally dead. He couldn't have picked a better time to die than now with low oil prices and Russian economy in recession.

>the most isolationist regime in Central Asia
That's Turkmenistan

wish we had someone like that over here

>Karimov leaves no clear successor behind, but a trio of men at the top — the head of the National Security Service (SNB), Rustam Inoyatov; Finance Minister Rustam Azimov; and Prime Minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev — are widely thought to be the top candidates to take the reins. Inoyatov’s SNB is the muscle behind Karimov’s throne; the man himself is so reclusive there has been only one photograph of him in public in the last decade (which makes him an unlikely candidate for president). Azimov is considered worldlier and possibly more open to a change in Uzbekistan’s economic policies. Mirziyoyev has been prime minister since 2003 and is widely described as a harsh leader himself, what Radio Free Europe’s Bruce Pannier called a “fist” but not a “brain.” The chatter as of Aug. 30 seems to point to Mirziyoyev, but there is nothing solid to go on yet when Karimov is not even officially dead.
Since then, it's been officialy confirmed by Uzbek government that he's really dead.

>One attractive option for a new leader looking to shore up his credentials might be a more assertive policy vis-à-vis the large and persecuted Uzbek minorities in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan — but that could easily spiral into conflict if the security services and military do not remain firmly in check.

To be fair, this thread is doing better than the other one on Sup Forums.

islam means submission

didn't this guy have a daughter that was surprisingly hot? I might be thinking Azerbaijan but I thought it was the Uzbek.

My condolences, Uzbekistan.

t. Christianity Brown

Nah his daughter looks like cambodian dog looking asian
Azeri president daughter is what you are talking about
She is your typical windhead brown italian fuck woman

youtube.com/watch?v=twUH35iLNYU
F

youtube.com/watch?v=_0kuUc7t8fw

It's time to bring some freedom Murica