Anyone using the 12 inch Macbook? What do you with it and how does it perform so far...

Anyone using the 12 inch Macbook? What do you with it and how does it perform so far? I seriously consider buying this thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait until the quad cores are released for it.

Not sure why you'd want this over the already very tiny 13 inch

>not a thinkpad
>why bother

Idk, i guess the form factor. Also i feel like MBP would be overpowered for me. I only Spotify and Facebook and Flickr and Netflix etc etc and occasional Lightroom. Also how this laptop is designed to be put anywhere. On your lap, on your chest when laying down, etc etc. MBP is designed to be put on table. It’s just made for me, i’m the exact market segment for it.

I own iphone. Also i already own an old Asus workstation and idk, i think i want to feel, for once in my life, to have my whole tech ecosystem to be from one brand. If i buy Thinkpad, i would still lust for another gear in the future, to compensate for my lust over macbook. I mean, come on, why would anyone overthink over a laptop? Life is short, buy anything that you like, instead of solving your curiosity problem with internal theorizing or the whole tiresome ideological thoughts on why you shouldn’t want Apple. I mean, when you’re able to afford it, just buy it, why not.

Yes i’m that facebook guy, that spotify guy, but at least i won’t live forever in curiosity and bitterness.

But they’d be more expensive. I don’t edit videos, i don’t do highly demanding stuffs, so i don’t think i need quad cores

Sounds like you just want to jerk off over the design and branding buy don't have any valid reasoning to buy it.

There's nothing wrong with buying something just because you want it. But in a few months you'll want something else and ask yourself why the hell did I buy a 12 inch Macbook?

A wiser option would be a 13" MBP. Performance will be much better, screen will be more pleasant to work with and much much better re-sale value.

Don't expect a different answer from a technology board.

I actually use it, basically for anything. It's good for web browsing, photo/graphics editing, text editing, etc... It's fine, no slowdowns or anything.
isn't the screen the same (except it's 1 inch bigger)

best thing i've ever bought in my life.

>iphag (((considering))) '''buying''' another applel toy

>But in a few months you'll want something else
This will only happen if i buy something else with forced justification in mind. Or peer pressure from Sup Forums because i’m afraid of being called soyboy. I admit it, i’ve been too fixated on this whole “Apple is for trendy soyboy and graphic designers and right brain people” and i’ve been unexcitedly browsing Thinkpads and XPS. But i can’t lie to myself, i want, for once in my life, to have a macbook because i have an iphone and ipad and very unsatisfying and boring windows 10 laptop. And buying another windows laptop would be as boring.

I’m a normal person. I don’t have extreme political ideology or unhappy teenagehood or bitterness towards attractive confident people. I also don’t speak in condescending tone when a normie asks me about my computer.

Do you also have another “main” computer?

What do you do with it?

i have a desktop, i just use my laptop on the go. i think it'd be terrible if i only had it without even a server

>i think it'd be terrible if i only had it without even a server

What do you mean? So it’d be terrible if you were to use it as your main machine? What do you with your computer?

Bamp

So i guess if i don’t use this laptop for ‘work’ (because i’m gonna use office computer), and i don’t do have heavyweight hobbies like videogame or video editing, i should be fine using this as my main computer?

Personally the reason I have a desktop and a laptop is because I can have larger/ more screens. Even though my work isn't particularly demanding it's nice to have the extra space.
I can do my work just fine on my laptop as well, though.

Ehh, I have a 15inch MBP touchbar and I use it on the bed no problem. 13 inch should be even easier and I hear the keyboard on these is improved compared to the MB

> But they would be more expensive
No, you idiot. Apple will either release the new version at the same price or reduce the cost of the old version, probably both. You've clearly never paid attention to Apple pricing.

For the same price, i get 13 MBP with the same screen but less storage, or Air with same storage but shit screen. So 12 inch MB is the best of both worlds

It's good for all that, and especially great how you can throw it and the charger into an already full backpack with no additional encumbrance.
Drawbacks are it is occasionally sluggish if you're searching large PDFs or have many PDFs open. It also get a bit slower if you use a program to "up the resolution" and fit more windows on screen it gets slower (Mac uses a voodoo pixel doubling by default to make UI elements larger while actually showing images etc at full res). It also gets hot often in a hot climate, and can't be used outside on a hot sunny day at all. The battery life doesn't last. Mine's at 2 hours after having it for 2 years.
Would I get it again? The biggest trade off to going for a chink imitation of the same size or Microshit tablet would be losing that excellent screen resolution. It's the only way to make a small laptop really viable as your only computer. I'd shop around for alternatives. When I bought it it was the only device of it's kind, as you say fitting that exact target audience. But now competitors have had time.

The other plus to watch out for on competitors is the fact that this Macbook has a backlight that can get both very bright and very dim, and even shut off completely if you want the screen off while it's doing a task. That's a premium. The brightness range exceeds most laptops on both ends. Great feature, check for that if you are shopping around.

If you can afford it, buy it. Nothing compares in the luxury in the luxury computing segment with macs in OS, build quality, design and support. You'd be a fool to buy a $700+ windows laptop, unless you needed a portable workstation with very specific hardware.

t. someone who has owned apple and non apple devices

If you can get over the keybaord, it's a really good computer (I hate the keyboard, so switch to a thinkpad). It will thermal throttle depending on the task but for most tasks it is fine. Also, be aware that keys becoming unresponsive are SUPER expensive to repair (they have to replace the whole top case). So I'd recommend getting apple care if you can.

source: ex apple repair tech

>Anyone using the 12 inch Macbook? I seriously consider buying this thing.
Me.
>What do you with it and how does it perform so far?
Web browsing, some programming using Visual Studio Code (smaller personal projects only - I have a separate work laptop that my company gave me), some Civilization V, video watching, music listening, etc. Home use mainly. Performance is perfect, I haven't noticed any slowdown - the Core M hate was a meme. Then again I don't run anything intensive like video rendering, etc.

i like it because it comes in sparkly pink
i don't like that it has a sub-ghz processor and 1 usb port
but its sparkly pink so idk i might buy one

We have some of these at work. The keyboards are shit, and the solitary USB-C port is a real pain in the arse. Much prefer my X230 Thinkpad.

Oh and the 'portability' aspect of them is rendered pointless by the constant feeling you're going to drop the fucking thing, because there's nothing to hold on to.

Apple still makes the best laptops if your use case is anything casual. So, go for it.

NASA uses MacBooks

Well yeah, writing cheques for contractors and diversity hires while the president makes up your next four-year meme destination perfectly fits the "casual use" moniker.

I have one, I literally only use it on my bed and it's hella comfy. Don't notice any performance issues but I don't game or do anything too performance intensive on it.

There are much better laptops for the money but I can tell you're already dead set on buying this and just want validation so enjoy it.

Ironically it's JPL that I've seen using them. JPL is still good.
I don't understand why minorities are once again used as a scapegoat. NASA sucks because the cold war ended that's pretty much it. SpaceX buys into the diversity meme too, their president is a woman and I'm pretty sure I've seen one of their launches presented by a black woman

Reminder to report this iToddler shill for spamming and ban evasion.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

>wants us to report others for spam
>Is literally posting spam
I wonder what's sadder? The kids posting Apple bait for attention, or the retards who spam F5 on the catalog and give them said attention.

>copy pasta in a spam thread is bad
I wonder what's sadder? The kids posting Apple bait for attention, the retards who spam F5 on the catalog and give them said attention, or the retard who spam F5 on the catalog to find the Apple kid spam thread and the report guy so he can make an edgy post about who's sadder?