Sup Forums stuff normalfags do that really makes you think

>helping friend/family set up/fix their computer
>Get to the installing the browser part
>Go to install ublock
>They say they don't want it or otherwise try to stop me from installing it
>My face when

This happened more than once and I still don't understand why. I'm not even trying to be pushy or anything, I even explain to them that installing it will make their web browsing experience better but they still don't want it. Are they afraid they're going to be arrested for blocking ads or something? Have any of you ever experienced this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2015/10/02/adblock_flogged_off_to_mystery_buyer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

blockers are for tinkering faggots. These are normal people who have lives and don't want your stupid tinker gay shit.

Why do they even need their computer fixed? They just work these days. Don't tell me you installed linux as well. Ffs.

You have fucking autism lmao. Enjoy your cookies being tracked and seeing bullshit, in the way ads your whole life nigger.
Get the fuck off of g if you can't eveb have the dignity to improve your pc experience. Cucked by Google and Facebook.

I find this hard to believe, I've never had anyone I've helped question my methods. Are you being an autist and not explaining what you're doing?

Every normie I fixed a computer for agreed to and was thankful that I installed adblockers for them. Letting all that shit scripts run is a security concern in itself.

I have autism, not mr blocker script 2000. Worlds great ad blocker, updates daily, only minimal CPU usage, fresh fresh signature detection super blocker.

If a site has ads all over the place getting in my road, I just stop visiting it like normal people. I don't install tinker shit to make my life more complex.

>ublock
I'm not switching away from abp until i have a reason

you're visiting a shit site with ads all over the place right now. obviously your """blocker""" is shit

Script blockers are the antivirus of today. Tinkers need something to add to computers. Just like antivirus though, the blocker in itself is more of a security risk then the thing it is trying to stop.

There is one ad down the bottom of the page below all the content you literal moron.

>he doesn't know about the malware-ridden scripts Hiro inserted

Why do you fags always have to make assumptions and say mean shit for no reason? Fucking post on topic and share your weird normie experiences.

Tinkerers literally install a complex piece of shit with thousands of signatures scanning every page that will never detect any "malware-ridden scripts" that I make up tomorrow just so that can block this ad down the bottom out of the way of all the content.

KEKEKEKEK

so your saying you have no problem with a sleazy obfuscated ukranian script that loads an executes data from an unknown server?

>I find this hard to believe, I've never had anyone I've helped question my methods.
this. normalfags just let me do my thing when it comes to computers.

too bad i'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes.

>installed google chrome for someone back when i thought it was a good browser, replacing their firefox install
this was before snowden

>installed elementary os for some dude at college because he needed a linux distro
sure he was a macfag, so it seemed like a good choice, but after thinking about it, i regret forcing him to run outdated code on his machine. i wish i could apologize and just put ubuntu or mint on his pc instead

That is a minified version of a javascript file that Sup Forums's content delivery network is delivering. But anyway, your ad block 3000 cannot find all the malicious software and it itself is a security risk because it has higher privileges then the javascript on this page which can do what exactly without exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities? Steal my fucking posts.... ? A hacker can also just inject javascript into the valid javascript in the site.

>minified
lol damage control

>does not know that .min stands for minified, that 4cdn stands for Sup Forums cdn.
>cannot read javascript to see that it is actually minified
>is 12

i have met people who thought "removing the windows" from a computer was illegal
these are the same kind of people who think a computer is full when you fill up the desktop with icons

of course, they just sit through video ads, like they do when they watch TV, they even say things like "i like the ads"

Those people aren't people, they are mindless automatons. Be careful around "people" like that, it would only take the TV telling them to kill you and they would do it without hesitation or question.

>"I like the ads"

Why would anyone ever say this?

This, i unironically don't like hanging around people who watch TV.

Someone post a pasta about a guy making an argument that there are only so many souls exist at a time and those who don't have one are like NPCs, mindless and ignorant, going daily schedule and nothing more.

The same retards who think activating some anti-tracking option in Facebook will stop Mark Zuckerfuck to stop dealing their data.
Normalfags, for short.

You're a retard. Fuck off.

one time I installed ublock for a macfag. get accused of infecting fagbook with virus.

> tinkering faggots
I trained my gramps to click the shield and click the on/off symbol when a site doesn't work. uBO is easy af to deal with in simple mode.

You're not supposed to do magic in front of the peasants.
If they don't know about it they can't complain about it, if something goes wrong with it you're going to be blamed anyway might as well keep as much shit under the hood as possible to mitigate stupidity.
They'll notice when it's gone though, it's the only time people notice.

>not using both

That is the level of argument tinkerer fags have.

They literally use the same list

Adblock is cool and all but definitely not for normies. I've had problems with online payments because of adblock, it took me 2 tries to figure out that it was adblock causing it but normals don't have the brain capacity for that.

>two clicks
>"""""""""tinkering"""""""""

theregister.co.uk/2015/10/02/adblock_flogged_off_to_mystery_buyer/

Both my father and an ex-friend complained ublock origin with default filters blocked "sites they liked."

I have no idea.

Adbock isnt abp, is says that in the article dumbass

One software architect where I work, kinda brilliant for a lot of things, absolutely loves ads suggesting him stuff.
It's baffling.

bump

>look at normalfag's phone
>it's some old iPhone 2nd or 3rd gen or something with a yellowed screen

How can you live like this?

Fuck nu ads. I am fine with some text and even with some animated images as long as they kept small but this shit with outoplaying videos that slow down your browser even if you have epyc is unbearable.

As to your thing OP, show them that Apple does it automatically to take away any concerns.

> phone has updates pending
> "why should I update, it works fine!"
> few minutes later
> "how do I fix xx?"

I do it without them knowing and hide the icon

>talking to itoddler
>mention that laptop keeps overheating
>says its 3-4 years old
>tell him to get a dust blower and clean the inside with it
>says no, sounds too hard
>tell him it's really simple
>says no again and says that he is pretty sure taking apart apple stuff is illegal

>grandpa calls up, computer is fucked
>he drops it off
>10,000 toolbars
>reformat
>install Arch Linux
>compile everything from source
>get superior rolling release minimal system
>force all daemons and proessces, x windows, etc required to be manually started (like they SHOULD BE)
>return laptop
>he calls up
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHAT DID U DO TO MY COMPUTER FUK U KID
Fucking old people, just die already.

so there are people who are willing to watch youtube ads...

>be sitting in the comfy seat at uni
>some wheelchair asshole rolls up like a fag
>asks me to move
>don't want to
>fuckin bithc goes crying to the professor, prof makes me move
>everyone in class acting like I'm the bad guy
>just wanted the extra space for my thinkpad and second monitor

fucking disableds are insufferable, selfish bastards

he didn't even have to attend class, all the lectures are recorded and posted online anyhow

Why are all iDiots like that...

I almost forgot that this shit existed

Same! I gotta say that a pretty cleaver one user.

If it's an older person I wouldn't try installing ublock.
The moment they get on a page that has a adblock blocker they'll get annoyed and ask you what to do. Then they won't remember what they did the last time so they'll ask you again.
Repeat ad nauseam.

normalfags deserve to be exploited like the cattle they are stop pretending to be a hero

>Installs arch on a computer for an old person that has probably never used anything but windows for decades
>Gets butthurt when he doesn't like it
Holy shit does everyone on the site actually have autism?
I wouldn't even try to get half the people in my advanced computing science classes to fuck with arch let alone any fucking elderly person

>Have friend who claims he is good with computers
>Go around his house
>He uses Windows 95 theme
>pokerface.jpg
>He wants to show me some animus (lol weeaboo)
>He opens some pre-historic media player which looks like it is from windows 95
>I ask him, why doesn't he use VLC?
>he said it's is shit
>I say lol no! it's the best durr al the people on Mininova recommend it.
>He puts on Something Experiments Rain or something , said I would like it.
>Some little girl jumps of a roof
>I call him a pedo weeaboo and tell him its shit and he doesn't know shit about technology
>THEN HE called 'ME' an idiot
>Mfw i have no face

Why the fuck did you quote my post for this?

You COULD help improve this board by not posting at all in any of these threads.

I know I am right now, but it's only to tell you of why you should not post.

When someone says something stupid about GNU/Linux, I completely ignore it. I even smile, because I am more than happy with my choice. It seems you Mac people really don't share the same feeling, and that's why I consider you sheep.

DON'T post this FAGGOT shit. IGNORE it. That goes to both sides.

What in the absolute fuck makes you think I fall in the category of "Mac people"?

idk, people arent as jewish as us user.

>Car towed from apartment complex because tags were one day expired

I'll start by saying I've never been so livid. These guys have always been lower than human filth and wasn't going to put up with it this time. Let me also say my revenge also involved getting known drug dealers in my complex arrested.

>Months ago, mandatory switch from Cox to AT&T
>AT&T using all-in-one internet, phone and tv cable box
>Everyone using WEP encryption
>Purchase 1 Alfa AWUS036H
>Purchase 1 generic wifi adapter
>Purchase 2 ARM motherboards with wireless connectivity
>Purchase 1 10,000mAh battery power supply
>Purchase 1 standard issue webcam

>Setup first ARM motherboard with generic webcam to monitor drug dealing niggers across street
>Set up seconding ARM motherboard with generic wireless adapter and linux installation along with battery pack outside house down street
>Spend the last two weeks cracking every WEP in complex
>Program automated macro in C which would connect to a network, enter the router and obliterate firmware via modified package update

>Zero hour
>Run macro and disable all internet, tv cable and phone accessibility by killing everyone's router including self
>Leave drug dealing niggers internet, tv and phone untouched to place blame
>Wait until AT&T cans show up in troves to solve problem hours later
>SSH into modular system that was dropped outside of house down block and dial 911 calling in bomb threat on drug dealing niggers using online dialing software and voice synthesizer

>Leave apartment before cops show up
>Grab coffee at HipsterBucks
>Remote login to webcam directed at niggers house
>AT&T vans everywhere
>Cops section off complex and evacuate everyone
>Storm niggers apartment
>No "bomb", but find drugs
>Arrested for possession of large quantities of narcotics and unregistered firearms

>Sip coffee

Don't fuck with my car next time

What kind of nonsense are you spouting?
Next time on "Things that never happened"

The Big-Head O
A few years ago I suddenly remembered about a village I once visited. It was a friendly little village I discovered by chance while travelling alone. I stayed there overnight and received a most heart-warming welcome. For some reason I don't know, I felt an urge to go there again.

I have good memory and was pretty confident that I remembered the way to get there. Once near the village I spotted a familiar sign post from my car; which, if my memory was right, should have read "___km to __(the village's name)." But strangely enough all there was on the sign were the words "The Big-Head O". I had a bad feeling when I saw it but still decided to drive on.

When I arrived at the village I found it deserted and all the houses were buried in weeds. I was deeply puzzled and was about to get off the car when I saw, about 20 metres ahead of me, something that looked like a human with a very large head looming out of the bushes.
What? What is that? While I was trying to understand what was going on I saw other similar creatures coming out all around me; moreover, they started to come after me moving in a grotesque manner, with their arms lying still against their sides and their large heads swinging side to side...

I was glad I hadn't left the car.
I let the car run backwards at lightning speed and joined the main road. Afterwards I checked my map but the location of the village I visited a few years ago and the place I went on that day were unmistakeably one and the same. However I don't think I will dare to go there ever again.

>entire thread is just arguments about autism and adblocker

Anyway
>when they have a pretty good idea of what to do but refuse to try without your supervision and instructions
>when they make a list of tasks to accomplish something, like "1. double click internet explorer, 2. type gmail.com, 3. type username, 4. ..."
>when they make (incorrect) suggestions when you have problems, even though they acknowledge you're better with tech

>family asks for help with COM-poo-TUR
>apologize, and say I can't keep up with all the technology changes
>go on with life, they go on with life....
feels good man

That was an obvious joke you brainlet