High sierra bricked my mbp

havn't had this much "fun" with a machine since the first time I installed debian in the early 00'ies.

Fucking shit.

so this is the power of appel...

>macshit
Found your problem.

Hold command + R while booting up. Don't do internet recovery.

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account.

I installed it in my 2010 Mac mini and it runs like a champ.

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account.

>poor
Found YOUR problem

>bricked
>still able to restore
t.numale

>muh mac
>t. numale

I don’t own a Mac, sorry virgin

>he's SO poor he thinks owning a shitty laptop makes him not poor
Spotted the iPovvo.

Well, I've done that and get:
"could not create a preboot volume for apfs"

Take it to an apple store. Next time use a more stable OS, macOS has been unexcusably bad lately.

>lately.

>apple store
Yeah, no.

>tfw my iMac late 2009 works perfect with ssd and High Sierra

Open Terminal while in recovery, repartition and stop being retarded.

>stop being retarded.
He can't, he owns apple products.

t. windows using gamer

pebcak

>youre using it rong!
>i-i-i-it just werx!!
>STOP USING IT RONG REEEEE!!!!!!11
The state of mactoddler sheeple.

Well, you can't manually format or remove an apfs partition in recovery boot because it's in use.

Basically it's fucked.

>pays 600 dollars for a phone produced for 69 bucks
Found your problem

Change your to Google. Or something else. Try it again, it's super picky about your Internet connect

DNS*

Excuse me while I become Pajeet for a moment.

Unironically do the needful and install Windows 10 LTSB or Ubuntu or Fedora on a ThinkPad. You can get decent used ThinkPads that are a couple years old for less than 32000 poopy rupees ($500) on ebay, or you can grab an AMD A series brand new for like $900 and not have to worry about installing the crippling Intel patches. To the credit of Lenovo, they are actually putting out BIOS updates for a lot of their machines in a timely manner. These laptops won't get bricked when you update the OS and they're cheap and easy to maintain. OS X is also a fucking meme and has no good software outside of XCode and iTerm2, and even those can't be utilized to their fullest on shitty Applel hardware.

how the fuck did you do that?

fatass hands

A normal update soft bricked my gfs 2015 mbp. It was completely dead for a couple of days and I had booked a time to take it in for service, then it suddenly decided to start again. Absolutely ridiculous. None of the key combinations I could find by myself or that the apple phone support told me to try was able to make it wake up or reboot, what finally made it wake up again was the battery getting fully drained and killing whatever zombie-state it had gotten locked in...

Whoever pretends that macbooks are flawless are delusional. I still think they are good machines though even though apple have had a major streak of crappy releases recently.

I will never again be quick to jump on a major upgrades either. I used to update within a week of macOS releases going back to Snow Leopard, but that is over now.

Ive been doing every beta update since I got my 2015 MacBook Pro and it’s worked flawlessly desu, maybe just learn to actually use a computer

It's easy to try to blame the user, huh? I am pretty good with computers though, studying compsci atm, work part-time as a programmer and have used macOS since 2010.

I don't know how long you've been using macs, but there has definitely been a decrease in quality in recent releases.

>I am pretty good with computers though, studying compsci atm
You're a fat college numale that's can't even be assed to type out "at the moment" and uses the thin and light Applel craptop marketed towards women and limp wristed homosexuals. Do you cook eggs on it while you wait an hour for it to compile your hello world C program? Because the entire bottom doubles as a heat sink and a hot plate for preparing delicious meals.

>I don't know how long you've been using macs
I stopped using them when Apple dumped Motorola PowerPC for Intel x86 trash.

Bring it to an Apple Premium Reseller or connect a different Mac to it while putting your screwed up one in target disk mode. Then reinstall macOS.

>since I got my 2015 MacBook Pro
>I stopped using them when Apple dumped Motorola PowerPC for Intel x86 trash.

???

>>learn to actually use a computer
>posted from my fruit themed babby toy

This actually made me laugh, not that he is lying, but the idea of using a Motorola CPU in a 2015 MBP.

>learn to actually use a computer

Gotta love how you can't fucking make a recovery USB unless you've got access to the apple store which requires a functional macbook.

This will be the last time I buy their shit.

DEAR GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!

stop being a faggot and just grab an OS X image off of one of the many sites that you can get one from and dd it

like where, it's not even on torrent sites...

you don't have a time machine backup?

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>has green messages

Actually, Android allows people to change their texts to any color they like. Only iToddlers with their locked down fruit trash are FORCED to see green.

t. iToddler

ayy

CMD+S, maybe?

That was just bad.

Nail clippers, what are they?

My roomate had this happen to her mb.

fucking online recovery is a fucking nightmare. what were they thinking

You could just remove one screw, slave the hard disk into another PC and install Linux.

Oh.

Not a Thinkpad.

Enjoy your brick.

Why the flying FUCK did Apple remove custom folder icons in any aspect ratio?

I always used custom icons. Now, since high sierra, custom icons are stretched/squashed to fit a square. THAT THE FUCK

MacBook Pro harddrives are user serviceable fuck nut

>Apple
Found your problem.

Macfag here

High Sierra runs like ass.
I could leave Sierra running for weeks without a reboot, but High Sierra needs a reboot or at least reset Finder and Dock every few days otherwise it slows to a crawl.

Each fucking release is one step forward in terms of pointless features and five steps back in terms of performance.

>Mac
Found your problem.

user sauce of the gif?

is that a knockoff Chromebook?

>komputas be raycis n shiet. they be made by wypipo

Internet recovery worked for me

I kinda wish Windows 10 had the feature

Install Gentoo.
inb4: x-org is not bro, consumes too much power

Useless shit.

1. Lend a mac 'computer' with thunderbolt somewhere
2. Insert a dongle, that will make a thunderbolt
3. Copy the needful
4. Reinstall macOS
5. Sell the toy and buy a laptop

God you’re fat

The iPad is a computer, it serves as a replacement for my laptop for taking notes in my classes, writing essays and doing research. Sorry but I don’t play video games, Virgin.

>applel

someone resurrect steve im not even an apple fan and this hurts to watch

Make a hackintosh, fuckhead. HP 9470p running High Sierra like a champ.

>fagintosh

Force unmount the disk with the Terminal.

Give you $100 for it

So the fix was this:

Make a fucking ubuntu USB. Boot it. Delete the fucking HD. Wonder why I couldn't boot into recovery mode after this.... Boot ubuntu again, format the HD to FAT... boot into recovery.

Install Sierra.

Lesson: Make a fucking recovery USB from the FUCKING apple store before you toy with it because they are fucking nazis about how you download your USB.

Honestly I'm probably just going to sell it and buy a xps. I mean, what's the point of OS X if Linux is more userfriendly.

Hahahahahaha can you even boot from usb with their no BIOS shit?

>applel

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA