Why is Mongolia so poor? They're Asian they should be very rich and technologically advanced. What went wrong...

Why is Mongolia so poor? They're Asian they should be very rich and technologically advanced. What went wrong? The cities are pretty typical but there's lots of people still living nomadically almost entirely outside the economy but that doesn't count for all of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Mongolia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_Armed_Forces
iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mongols are only good at killing and raping. Those skills don't translate well into this era.

>Why is Mongolia so poor
they're less populous than the fucking baltics

>They're Asian they should be very rich and technologically advanced.
Asians are supposed to be rich? Wtf, why are we so poor then.

>Russia
>Asia

>implying there's anything wrong with being a comfy nomad

Yes?

FUCKIN MONGORIANS GET AWAY FWOM MAI SHITTY WARR

they are nomads as you know. they havent still abandoned their traditions and the way to live.

Shouldn't you know?

You aren't Asian.
But Japan never abandoned their traditions and they are now the most technologically advanced country.

>What went wrong
Communism happened

There is less peoples than in capital of my shit country. Think about this.

Other than the capital, there's not a single city that isn't effectively a village. Historically, Japan in the 19th-20th centuries and China in the late 20th-present only got to where they are now because their large populations gave them a kickstart.

nomads always need move all over with tents. they cant settle down in a certain place

samurai always need do everything with honor. they cant do stuff with others impunity

We meme magiced their powers to us.

They got surround by Commies, are landlocked, and most Mongols actually live in China

Low population, lack of resources, hard climate, communism...

I never said they weren't calm the fuck down

Hard climate should = entire population is nerds.
Cause they should be sitting inside and do creative stuff.

>American Education
This

>They're Asian they should be very rich and technologically advanced

Being Asian has nothing to do with being technologically advanced or rich. Only Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea fall into this category and the only thing tying those nations together is a common shared civilization of Ancient/Classical Chinese culture.

It turns out that thousands of years having a relatively advanced civilization is a pretty big advantage.

>most of the world
Rural population settles down, does agriculture, forms stable communities

>Mongolia
Soil makes agriculture impossible. So, farmers must rely on herds, but they can't keep herds in one place. Therefore, farmers in Mongolia have no choice but to live at least a semi-nomadic lifestyle.

There are some advantages to this (it allows traditional culture to stay alive, also people all over Mongolia get access to top-quality fresh meat all the time thanks to the herders, etc.) but one major disadvantage it's that this is always going to be less profitable than plain old sedentary agriculture. The nomadic lifestyle also makes the cities poorer, because of rural exodus, herders who have essentially no wealth move into the city and create slums, thus making the city poorer.

Finally, there are some other obvious points, namely the lack of access to the sea, the harsh climate which forces them to have a very low population and which makes it less likely historically for external knowledge to reach that region and the lack of natural ressources (except for very recent mineral mining) all contribute to explaining why the country is so poor.

You know how people meme about Canada being the most like country
Well fuck those cock sucking faggot cucks, they aint jack shit compared to Mongolia
See:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Mongolia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_Armed_Forces
Nigger look at those foreign supporters
LOOK AT THEM
Who the fuck is going to go to war with them with these kind of supporters?

This

Also apparently they're sitting on huge mineral deposits, but they're really worried about being drawn into China's orbit, so they've put a bunch of restrictions in place to deter Chinese investment/exploitation of those minerals.

mongolia is the world's least dense population and 1% of its land currently has permanent agriculture. its hard to build urban settlements with nomads.

its still a based country that looks cool to travel to although i heard foreigners get beaten up by local mongols

dude why are you targetting canada. not everyone has strong feelings about canada, we're just there.

grasses are all. they have to preserve the meadows

supplier != supporter

The Mongolian and Chinese governments are on good terms (because the Mongolian government is currently rather submissive), but the average Chink hates Mongolia and has a pidorashka-attitude and they think they're entitled to go full Crimea-mode on Mongolia (they're still butthurt about losing it 100 years ago). Furthermore, the average Mongolian HATES China and Chinese "people" more than you could possible imagine. The good news for Mongolia is that they're on very good terms with Russia, they practically worship Russia as their "protector", and Russia obviously has interests in keeping Mongolia in their sphere of influence, lest China gets even more influence in that region (right on the Russian border, too). However, Russia is a bit of a shithole nowadays, and I'm not so convinced they would really go against China just to protect Mongolia (a shithole which the average Russian probably hates because they're racist as fuck).

Tbh they're culturally central asian.

>not everyone has strong feelings about canada, we're just there.
Pretty much everybody I know hates Canada

No because they're not pussies unlike nordicuck fucbois.

Mongolia might join NATO in the future.

No idea how this will work since they have no sea borders, and it will piss off both the Russians and Chinese.

grasses are all. they have to preserve the meadows
bushidos are all. they have to preserve the honors

>Only Canadians replying to me bacuse I called them out
Just face it, you passive aggresive ass faggots aint unhateable as you think

you underestimate the grasses and overestimate bushidos.

>What went wrong?
The man who could make them great again was killed.

I was already posting ITT before your shitpost ladm8

I'm not shitposting
People really do meme that nobody hates Cucknada

I know, and I find it stupid myself, but it's not like I get to choose what dumb memes/stereotypes people across the world choose to believe.

You could
If you killed them
Kill them all buddy, kill them all
Leave no evidence

iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

IQ
the sixth ranking in the world

wow cantonese really are the jews of asia

>wanting to revive the spirit of Ghengis Khan

There's a secret between Asia and Eastern Europe to keep the Mongolians from advancing.

Those are city‐states.
Mongolians are intelligent and I hear they are often good at multi languages.

One day we will reunite with our Mongolian brethren and the earth will tremble under the hooves of our horses.

why does that matter? those tests are done in cities

The eternal ruskie

Without "the eternal ruskie", Mongolia would be controlled by the Chinks right now, and would probably suffer the same fate as present-day Inner Mongolia (i.e. colonized and outnumbered, linguistically being assimilated to Mandarin, etc.)

Russia's fault.

>But Japan never abandoned their traditions

Point me to some samurai in Tokyo plz

>because the Mongolian government is currently rather submissive), but the average Chink hates Mongolia and has a pidorashka-attitude and they think they're entitled to go full Crimea-mode on Mongolia (they're still butthurt about losing it 100 years ago). Furthermore, the average Mongolian HATES China and Chinese "people" more than you could possible imagine.

Why is it always Canadians acting like they are smart and making unsourced bullshit claims?

You do realize what the founding charter of the NORTH ATLANTIC treaty organization specifies as its operating area as, right??

They were actually richer under communism than they were beforehand and afterwards.

>Without "the eternal ruskie", Mongolia would be controlled by the Chinks right now,
[citation needed]

Mongolia isn't even an ally of Russia like the CSTO.
Mongols are way closer to America if anything.

The reason China doesn't touch it, is because then they'd have to contend with the 40 million mongols in China (who currently are far more quiet than the Uyghurs.)

Since they are nomads they may not give a shit about money, they're not poor

Mongolia was a total shithole before Communism/Russia.

It barely existed as a state before then.
I think the KMT let it go in the 20's after Russia conquered it.

Whoops, I meant the Chinese Communist Party in 1949.

China has relinquished claims of a lot of the former Qing Empire. Mongolia, north Manchuria, and parts of Kazakhstan.

Post Mongolian music
youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

Arab world is kinda rich and successful tho

I heard Mongolians all act like drunk fratboys I wonder how true this is

No one besides Japan is rich there, where did you pick up that meme?

Because despite the memes, race alone does not lead to power and prosperity.
Eastern Europe is so white it's a fucking shithole.
California is so racially diverse and it's very successful.

We are niggers, not Asians.

I'm more richer then Mongolia?

so you can be big an poor like india but small n rich like iceland

Why don't you think it is more interesting in the data of high rank for countryside such as Mongolia than the data for advanced city?

Yes, but you are not real mongols.

Honorary Turkic people :)

they should be one nation

you are horny

>Country of only a few million people
>landlocked
>surrounded by Russia and China
>landscape is almost 100% barren wasteland steppe
>Traditional culture based on being nomads, therefore never developing advanced technology necessary to live in a fixed location.

Gee OP that's a real good question. Really makes you think.

Putin would be cool even if he became Black.

-