How do I compete with these fuckers? I need to upgrade my shit and it's fucking impossible

how do I compete with these fuckers? I need to upgrade my shit and it's fucking impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ae3p7e/bitcoin-is-unsustainable
digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption
ebay.com/itm/GeForce-GTX-970-Dual-Fan-ZT-90101-10P/232634410573?epid=220477712&hash=item362a17664d:g:U58AAOSwE95aYB-p
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/bofa-tops-ibm-and-payments-firms-with-most-blockchain-patents
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-01/bitcoin-futures-to-start-trading-as-regulators-rush-to-catch-up
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/goldman-is-said-to-be-building-a-cryptocurrency-trading-desk
sec.gov/comments/sr-batsbzx-2016-30/batsbzx201630-1594698-132357.pdf
coinbase.com/about?locale=en-US
crunchbase.com/person/brian-armstrong
crunchbase.com/person/fred-ehrsam
princeton.edu/~rcarmona/download/fe/CW1.pdf
investopedia.com/university/electronictrading/trading3.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=tAY5tdNTfas
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get a job

you don't

Tip off some dark skinned citizen and then buy a card from him for cheap.

JUST

>have an RX 480
>install NiceHash cryptocunt miner
>only making 2 USD per day in bitcoin

is this it? Seems like shit return on investment

What is wrong with his hair

>not particpating in a real mining pool
>mining a coin that can only realistically be mined by ASICs
shiggy diggy

Buy used hardware. It's still good for games even when it isn't worth using to mine coins anymore, and it's been well tested.

Just got confirmation my 1080 Founders edition card is shipping directly from Nvidia for MSRP and should be here Saturday. I paid no retailer nigger bucks and wasn't impacted by coinfags.
As for coinfags, their day with destiny is already set. You should be more concerned with what the GPU companies are about to pull which you'll see in the "new" generation of GPUs. Gaymen are going to be relegated to gaymen segment with some serious margins and compute will be too. These niggers will too face the consequences of taking a leap into profit whoring vs. innovating and pushing the envelope of computing. Oh and I have a 1070 and yeah another 1080 coming in next week... paid MSRP.

By design ethereum will "self destruct" and no longer be profitable to mine with GPUs and that will pretty much end this market until another GPU only coin appears.

>newegg selling 1050 ti's for over $800

Is this real life?

i thought Ethereum was ASIC resistant?

>Have job
>Need to pay bills
>Save up money to get a decent card because my old card is dying
>Months later
>"Yay, I can finally buy a new card, and play with the VR headset I got as a gift
>Go to store since it is more convenient than buying online
>"Hello sir, welcome to computer mart, how may I help you?"
>"Where are the graphics cards located?"
>"Sure, I will show you, follow me"
>Follow salesperson
>All the graphics cards are sold out
>Nothing remain
>"Oh sorry sir, I don't know why we are sold out. We just restocked our inventory, this morning"
>"Hey Suzie, do we have anymore graphics cards?"
>"Oh, that man over there just ransacked the place and started putting all the cards in shopping carts"
>She points at a guy with like 80 graphics cards talking to a cashier
>"Okay sir, that will be 76,000 USD. How is the bitcoin mining going?"
>"It is Etherium mining, but it is paying my bills"
>Go to another store
>Everything is sold out
>Freakout that someone would buy every single card
>Go online and look on Newegg and Amazon
>Everything is sold out
>Wait for a few weeks
Things are available on stock again, but the price went up $100 dollars
>Can't afford it
>Stuck using on-board graphics

Lol!!!
Recommend me a pool for Vega 56 + 1700 plz
You buy 2nd hand or direct or get lucky

budget?

It's not mining bitcoin dipshit. It automatically selects which shitcoin is currently most profitable, mines it, then trades it to btc.

Go on......

I don't really care what they do. The fundamental premise of all of these meme coins is flawed.
A viable and true currency holds its value. It doesn't increase in value and it doesn't decrease. All of these shit tier false currencies are based on the something for nothing principal in which they increase wildly w.r.t to relatively stable currencies. In this very way they are invalidated.

The vast amount of nigger tier energy and computing resources they waste is the icing on the pile of shit it already is. Even if terminated, they used it as a way to 'back' and establish their currencies if such a retarded premise could ever exist. So, there's culpability in that.

Next up is the fact that no one approved these niggers or sanctioned them to become a currency. In this way, there is no commerce value in them as no one accepts this random ass shit.

Lastly, stop for a simple fucking minute and consider what paypal/square are. They fought the fucking banks/credit card companies and created a better transaction system that's secure, has lower fees, reaches a broader scale across the world, gives small businesses the ability to operate on large scales.. They are the saviors of our generation. There is no meme currency underlying them. You put money in, you take the same amount out because that's what's fair for everyone.. Not just one or two niggers who showed up earlier to the ponzi.

Not a single fuckface or numale fag in a suit on bloomberg behind coinshit can refute a singular point on this. And yes these niggers actually uses 5000x times and growing the amount of energy needed to process transactions in regular forms :
> motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ae3p7e/bitcoin-is-unsustainable
> digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption
It's a fucking cancer through and through and in all forms.
You think current inflation is unfair? Get off your lazy ass and change the system directly
Nigger tier revolutions always get turned against you

Just HODL my shit up

I just got one for $170 a week ago, getting some nice hashes on it ;^)

Yep, newegg is being absolute niggers all throughout this. I bought directly from Nvidia.com at MSRP. I'd love to see one of these so called revolutionaries disrupt computer hardware retailers.. but that'd be asking them to do something effective for the world aside from lining their pockets. I look forward to this occurring however and it will in time.

Hey user, your screen looks quite blue, you should get a filter for it.

Once one coin stops becoming popular, people will go to another coin since it will be less difficult to mine.

There is even a Jewish crypto currency called Bitcoen. They claim it is the first kosher crypto currency, however, it looks like you can only buy the coin, and not mine it. They have already raised over 2 million dollars, so it is probably a scam since you probably can't mine it, and can only buy it.

It is, but it gets to a point where the electricity you waste mining it don't worth the profit you make.

Then many people will stop mining and the difficulty will adjust to compensate, making mining profitable again.

>mfw my mom pays electricity bills so i mine for free

I was just making a green text story, not a true one, but a story about how a guy saves up enough money to get a nice gamer card, but finds out that he isn't able to get one, as the store was sold out, and how a lot of places are sold out or the price is extremely high. A lot of people who want a good card aren't people who live in their moms basement, and want to spend good boy points on a card, but people who work hard and aren't able to get a card that they desire.

I bought my GTX 970 years ago and it works well, but I've looked online and they are selling similar GTX 970s for more than what it used to cost years ago, more than its original price. I don't need a card, but I feel those anons pain that they just want to do some gaming after a long day of work, but can't afford the newest gamer card as miners are buying them quickly.

Paid $169 for a 1050 ti from Amazon this morning, checked back about 20 minutes ago and for the same card it said "1 offer from $290."

Outrageous.

What did you get? I got a 1070ti from them at MSRP last month. Don't see any 1050s in their site.

It would be easier to ask your mom to give you the 50 bucks a month instead of getting it from her by making her pay indirectly your 50 bucks mining revenue

>bait or satire
It may not cost you money, but it is costing your parents money. Do you use your earnings to pay back your parents?

Even that's not really a viable option anymore. A used R9 290 on eBay costs around $300 now. I used to see them for around $150 to $180.

I'm also seeing used GTX 970's for around $250 to $300. Going used isn't a great solution at the moment. We'll just have to wait for the eventual flood of used graphics cards again.

I grabbed mine off google express since it was cheaper than the cheapest newegg card at the time and had 2 fans. Checking on there now, there are no 1050ti or 1060 cards anymore so I guess I got lucky.

I got a 1070 an two 1080s.
1070/1080 arrive this week.
Other 1080 arrives next week.

I already have other cards in my local compute.
You'll ask ..
> user, are you a coinfag?
I'll answer : No.. I do general purpose compute.
There's something on the horizon that's going to fuck a lot of niggers.

Will fire this shit up when 'the move' is made.

You don't know if a used card was used by miners or not.

>get a used gaming card for a low-low price
>brag on Sup Forums about getting decent card even though it was used
>months later
>card dies

Mining really reduces the life of a GPU. I wouldn't buy a used card, especially if it was used by a miner. The only time I would buy a used card if it wasn't used by a miner.

USE FLUX RETARD DON'T USE THAT ABOMINATION

why is this an issue when computational accelerators exist? AMD and Nvidia both make cards specifically for raw compute...wouldn't it make more sense just to buy those? If anyone buys them I figure you get more performance for your dollar. maybe the extra memory is useless for crypto or something...anyways mining crypto is supposed to become less profitable and become harder so hopefully we'll get to the point soon where it isn't worth buying cards that hit the gaming sweetspot anymore.

just wait a little more until they start jumping out of windows

Came here to ask them same.
What the fuck is up with dudebros hair?

see
ebay.com/itm/GeForce-GTX-970-Dual-Fan-ZT-90101-10P/232634410573?epid=220477712&hash=item362a17664d:g:U58AAOSwE95aYB-p

Seedboxes for private tracker cucks exist.

miningboxes for cryptocunts when

When you make 10 million dollars mining, who cares what your hair looks like?

Manipulate the crypto market to crash the prices all the way down to zero.

Then why wear a suit? It's like the poor mans version of a rich mans hair.

Hair dude is wearing a wire. wtf is going on here.

If it's reached the point where pros are buying them retail then things are bad.
We'd order in from a distributor even if it was only a couple of dozen like pic related. I wonder what sort of discount he's getting. With demand like it is he wouldn't get much.

Already occurring.
Hit 10k like i said. Next leg down will center on 7.5k-8k. After that, it will be a bloodbath.

Miners seem to have ignored that wallstreet was running this all along and opened up options/derivatives trading in December. Chart shitcoin and see when the peak happened and where the decline started. Controlled demolition using the same instruments that caused the 2008 crash except this time they have no regulators restricting them. Coinfags vs. Realfags.

*10 million in fantasy currency

good luck cashing that in for real currency when hundreds of thousand other crypto millionaires are trying to do the same thing

He's either the buyer's ghetto ass security or he works at micro-center. The buyer is on the other side of the desk facing the register. As you can imagine, primarily dude bros and dude fags are miners. Just dumb enough to be useful idiots in a ponzi for a scrap sharing of shekels.

I warned the tard on /biz/ CME listing Bitcoin future contracts was the death knell for crypto, but those fags didn't listen.

Ahh, makes sense. Frysfag here, never seen that sort of counter.

So you're telling me that Wall Street is the good guys and they have been working in the shadows to mercilessly crash cryptocurrency with no survivors?

neat

>As you can imagine, primarily dude bros and dude fags are miners
Whatever you say gaymer

Dumbfags who are out of their depth never do.
Let them get BTFO. It's the way things get balanced.

They're blowing out the stops and support w/ carefully planted and convincing bull traps. The art of forcing capitulation.. They lure the retard into doubling his position in the first bull trap then quad'ing it in the next.. Then comes the blood bath when the capitulation begins. The real losses and catastrophe begins here when silly amounts of money is thrown in out of sheer panic/hopium induced brain cognitive dissonance.

If anyone can make a coin, there's no reason for wallstreet to ever play nice with existing ones.. If its actually going to be legitimized, they'd blow the fuck out of every one of these currencies first w/ no conversion to their issuance. So, when all is said and done it was a ponzi scheme beta test that they didn't have to put any fixed cost into.. The brainlets of the world spent their own money on capex.. exploited the shit out of each other... showcased its capabilities and all wallstreet had to do was sit back and watch. When time was up, they used derivatives to usher in controlled demolition. And like true niggers, they patented the application of all the interesting IP :
> bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/bofa-tops-ibm-and-payments-firms-with-most-blockchain-patents
Literally stripping these fucks blind.

> MUH revolution tho...
Absolute fucking idiots.

FUCK

Can't really blame NewEgg though; the most reliable way to make money in a goldrush is by selling shovels.

I'd look at stocking up on cars that miners are getting rid of and reselling them for profit if the crypto market picks up again. If it doesn't, at least you're now wiped out like bitconnectors on reddit.

There are plenty of crypto millionaires with expensive cars and houses. They cashed out somehow didn't they

I'm saying there's no honor among thieves.
Coinfags and wallstreet are the same cut of niggers. One just happens to be more gangsta than the other. You learn a thing or two running the block for as long as they did. New blood came in and like always over-estimated their capabilities and strength thinking they could unseat the old. OGs are schooling their asses on how its done : Leveraged derivatives/options/futures/Market makers/Insider trading/Running the exchanges. I'm pretty sure coinfags have never heard of these instruments.
Normal Fags stepped into a UFC ring w/ sanctioned fighters and did so w/o any rules protecting them (no regulation). You can't get any more dumber than this.
As for the exchanges, newfags don't respect or know their limits because they don't have any experience. One thing everyone gets is that there can't be tons of niggers jewing the system or the whole thing will crash. When enough unaware niggers pile in, the powers that be send in their hit man to prevent systemic collapses. This is known as controlled demolition and is as old as man.

The first rule of a ponzi is that there cannot and will not be a large number of average winners. The majority/average get fucked. The minority of seasoned insiders cash out and form society's next ponzi with the proceeds... They don't blow it on green lambos like newfags... which is why they're always around and inside when the next ponzi rears its head.

You'd want to root for the small guy in these things but the absolute insufferable state of coinfag niggers makes that impossible. They've someone managed to make everyone hate them.

Got good links or more info on Wall Street involvement? I have a mate who is a day trader who skipped crypto altogether.

*you're not wiped out

Newegg is easily blamed for levels of pricing reaching extortion with no value added. They didn't produce shovels. They're just the storefront for them. You do nigger shit like this in an already heated environment and people remember you as the nigger who sold shovels for 8x their worth. You all might be too young to remember this but Newegg was formed to bring fairness to the game against B&M niggers. Now that they've become the new niggers, they'll likely get replaced in the same manner. E-commerce outlets who price gouge customers are the new B&M retailers. They'll get replaced by even more headless models that put consumers more in direct touch w/ manufacturers. I can already think of a number of successful ways this can be done and a number of friends embedded in strategic places in the industry are already forming startups as such...
> Ex salesforce
> Ex SAP
> Ex Oracle
workers w/ connections to strategic production/shipment/procurement/distribution channels in Asia-Pacific.

The key about doing nigger shit is to never push it too far so as to get someone pissed enough to knock your off your block. In all of this, Newegg crossed that fine fucking line as did a number of relic e-commerce outlets.

Yeah, all the seasoned folks are laughing at these morons right now. Coinfag memes get passed around on trading floors daily about these guys.
Most of the exchanges are ran by ex-wallstreet people (you need licenses for this shit). There are tons of insider whale accounts that do price manipulation and none of it is illegal. The house is owned by wallstreet. The coinfags are just the staff running the tables putting coins in the slot machines. House always gets its rake.

Just google :
> digital coin ETFs and check whose backing them, administers it, audits it, authorized partners, and sponsors
> bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-01/bitcoin-futures-to-start-trading-as-regulators-rush-to-catch-up
> bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/goldman-is-said-to-be-building-a-cryptocurrency-trading-desk
> Filings like :
sec.gov/comments/sr-batsbzx-2016-30/batsbzx201630-1594698-132357.pdf
> coinbase.com/about?locale=en-US
Look at the investors
> Coinbase founders...
- crunchbase.com/person/brian-armstrong
- crunchbase.com/person/fred-ehrsam
Previously, he was a foreign exchange trader at Goldman Sachs in New York where he traded and managed Goldman’s electronic market making platform.
Fred has also analyzed portfolios at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world and worked in nanostructures research.

There's always one ex-wallstreet'r lurking in the shadows along w/ tons of backing from wallstreet. You can't just (into) financial services writing some sloppy ass code. You need licensing and filings.

What kind of GPU you looking for? Maybe I'll sell mine, for the right price

What do I do after this insufferable faggotry crashes? Wait for cards to restock? How long until the prices normalise? Should I buy a used 1050ti from some miner cutting his losses or will it be too damaged?

>implying the price of ETH will not quadruple again the next six month

Oh and, in regard to the Ex Goldman Sachs Co-founder of Coinbase.. In case you didn't catch it :
> where he traded and managed Goldman’s electronic market making platform
> electronic market making platform

> BlackRock
Huge on proprietary Prop/HFT trading that front runs the market.

> princeton.edu/~rcarmona/download/fe/CW1.pdf
> investopedia.com/university/electronictrading/trading3.asp

So yeah, the old 'house' is the new 'house' minus regulation. You wont find a single empowered entity centered on Digital coins who doesn't have a relationship to wallstreet.

Without regulation, all sorts/forms of price fixing, insider trading, prop trading, and all the borderline + clear illegal shit that is hardly prosecuted in legal markets/exchanges is definitely happening in coin exchanges. They first bait you in and attract a good enough number of idiots .. then they start going in for the take.

It's Third party sellers on their market place. The general list page doesn't show who is the seller, just filter to newegg to remove those jew sellers.

Newegg has slightly high but fair prices still. Only issue is that most good cards aren't in stock, and the ones that are are sold by other sellers.

>tfw Volta won't be released until 2020
>even then it'll be ridiculously overpriced

Correct. Markup though has been $100/$200 over MSRP at newegg.

fuck em

>how do I compete with these fuckers? I need to upgrade my shit and it's fucking impossible.

I don't know what you guys are bitching about, I just got a 1060 for $175 after Black Friday.

How bad is it trying to pick up a GPU?

Nvidia's clearly setting up to pull some nigger tier shit with Volta. The Volta based titan v is 2x+ the price of the current gen Titan X .. $3000 vs $1,200. That being said, all Nvidia/intel/amd are pushing feb/march/april/summer is the APU meme for gaymen. Coincidental collusion of this sort doesn't happen unless the industry as a whole is trying to push for a new segment. As such, they plan to nigger standalone GPUs into a new higher margin/higher cost market while pushing APU meme for gaymen.. A tv/vcr combo :
> TV (CPU) is easily obsoleted and gimped by the vcr (GPU)
You're essentially being given a console....

They're not going to launch brand new next gen nicely priced GPUs into such a new market splash.. They'll push that shit out and force thirsty people into APUs and then reboot standalone GPUs as high margin super-premium compute/super high end gaymen w/ pronounced price increases.

That's what's going on .. It's why Radeon ended Vega Standalone. Collusion with Intel/Nvidia to hold back the big next gen splash until they've milked the market w/ APUs and conditioned people. Then comes the relaunch of GPUs after you've been niggered by scarce supply into paying $700-$1k for GPUs.. Unironically double the MSRP...
> Tesla V : $3,000. Current Gen : $1,200
> Consumer volta : 2x Current Gen
So, get your ass ready... and its doubtful the niggers at Nvidia will use HBM2 in it.. Maybe the highest end card will have it... rest will be GDDR6

Maxwell-> Pascal was 28nm to 14nm That's 1/2 the size in die shrink
Pascal -> volta is 14nm to 12nm..
So, pitiful die shrink + a bump in memory.. at a YUGE premium

It’s like finding water on Mars

Really?

Yes

How do you find out if your cards been used for mining?

LMFAO .. these wallstreet niggers are literally meme'ng the spot price ping ponging it off :
BTC/USD : 11111.111
If they pull the tape and send these niggers to 7.5k-8k off of this level I'll laugh my ass off

Thank you user

Yw desu. Enjoy the bread.

Always assume the card has been used for mining.

Buy their second handed shit when they will fail for bankruptcy. Or just keep your old or ancient rig.

>bought absolutely top of the line 1050ti for 189 last year
>see this

What the hell. I thought miners were avoiding the lower end cards because they were useless for mining. Did they actually go through all the high end ones?

The 1050 ti is actually pretty decent on efficiency. Enough so, that just a single sli combo turns it into a 2100 ti squared.

Same. Got a new 1080 FTW2 for $20 over MSRP .

I kind of regret not getting 1080 now, got 1070 and it's more than fine, but seeing how 1070 goes for double the price I am worried about next year prices.

I wanted a 1050 ti, guess I'll be stuck with my Radeon HD 5450
Fucking FOMO lemming buttcoin ponzi scheme motherfuckers

You can’t SLI 1050s you meme loving fuck

I know this because I was dumb and wanted to sli them because I like my 1050 so much

Cryptocunts deserve to be executed.

Well, looks like I'm never going to be building a gaming rig EVER. RIP PC gaming, just like everything else in the world, you've been destroyed by greedy Jews. Smh

>be almost 2 years ago
>using r9 290
>see 1070s, look like a good upgrade
>plan to grab a used one a year later for ~$300CAD (roughly the same price 970s were after a year)
>a year later, they're still $500+ even used
>oh well, maybe next Christmas (2 weeks ago)
>$600 used
I don't care that much since my 290 is still doing fine, even in triple A games at 1440p (obviously medium settings), but I feel for people who bought cards specifically to hold them over but now they can't afford to upgrade

It's like you were so excited that you knew the 1050 ti don't SLI - that you didn't even read the second part.

Is this what autism is like?

Got a job, a nice paying one. I still refuse to buy graphics cards for 3x their original price. If you're giving into this shit, you're the reason Jewish companies still fuck us over.

If the bitcoin bubble bursts /biz/ will go into meltdown

If all the milk goes bad it will be hard to make grilled cheese.

I hope these bottom-feeding freaks fucking commit mass suicide

/biz/ probably will

I'll be looking forward to going on /biz/ and laughing at the dumb fucks

Wow, I thought this was Sup Forums not the we just do what tech companies tell us board.

youtube.com/watch?v=tAY5tdNTfas

nope, you'd just have spoiled milk
you dont need milk to make grilled cheese headass

>make grilled cheese headass

Sorry I don't eat British food.

I called you a meme because of the second part.

Fug seriously

cryptominers deserve the bullet