What's the point of Gibraltar?

What's the point of Gibraltar?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/667321/Gibraltar-Royal-Navy-Spanish-ship-submarine
royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/operations/arctic-and-northern-european-waters/nato-mcmv-1
bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-30234121
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

read a fucking book

a big middle finger to the spanish and any other mediterranean country

>Pisses off spics
>Ability to blockade and control all shipping into the Mediterranean
>Gives us another overseas port which gives us more naval projection
>Pisses off spics
>More clay
>More British citizens
>Pisses off spics

that was then, now it's insignificant and it's basically a vaccum for british people taxes, since such a small piece of land doesn't produce shit.

To keep British-andalucian monkeys alive.
>blockade
Delusional.

Projection and bullying a weaker nation, same reason we keep Ceuta and Melilla.

>Spic status: pissed off

war wit boats

Banter.

The Dutch and Brits took it because Spain kept closing the trade route again and again.

And the first fucking thing Spain said when the UK voted to leave the EU is that they will take Gibraltar again.
So there is still need for keeping it out of their little brown hands.
Gibraltar is British clay.
Deal with it.

>Britsh status: still perfidious
You cannot block anything, even when you claim to have more water than you ever were given, it's still us and Morocco the ones that control what goes and what goes out.

To piss off Africans.

Yeah the Spanish navy fills us all with terror lmao.

the specific place where it ends? idk

If you ignore the fucking Britbong navy in Gibraltar. Why the fuck do you think they have Gibraltar? For tourists?

>>And the first fucking thing Spain said when the UK voted to leave the EU is that they will take Gibraltar again.
Wew, lad, nice way of chaging what was said:
>"If the UK leaves, the problem of Gibraltar will need to be open again, since a non-EU Britain means that the frontier of Spain-Gibraltar would be blocked, meaning that the entrance of supplies to keep Gibraltar alive comes from Spain"
What Spain said was literally: "you'll have to feed your monkeys by yourself once we shut the border".

It is the Pillar of Hercules. Who so ever controls the Pillars of Hercules will receive the bonus protein and testosterone.

>muh navy
Nice argument there, buddy! It sure bothered your butt to see that you only get go into the Mediterranean, not out.
They want to keep it to have easy access to the Mediterranean, but that doesn't change the fact that Spain and Morocco are the ones that chose what comes and goes, and it's only because Britain and Spain are allies that they are allowed free access.

basically an actual cuckstamp, not some flag nonsense

>Literally posts a picture of Ceuta
>Calls us owning Gibraltar an act of perfidy
More comedy please.

This triggers the Spaniard.

>it's only because Britain and Spain are allies that they are allowed free access.

lol

express.co.uk/news/world/667321/Gibraltar-Royal-Navy-Spanish-ship-submarine

>you only get go into the Mediterranean, not out.
Are you implying Spain is going to stop us? Top kek.

Spain wants it really bad because they get double bonuses from natural wonders.

>More comedy please.
Not only are you perfidious, but you cannot even read: I called you perfidious because, alongside being a Brit, you claim to have more water than you are allowed to have. The territory is legally yours, the door to the Mediterranean isn't.

That looks incredibility complicated to operate.

For you.

>What's the point of Gibraltar?
the miniature mountain peek sticking up into the air is the highest point.

Read the Treaty of Utrecht that is still in effect.

Spain has nothing to say.
There is no discussion.
Goodnight Jose.

>64367487
Modern Aircraft carriers only need an On button.

>The Spanish navy

I know this piece of news, and, of course, perfidious Anglo blows it out of proportion since nothing happened there, just a very angry American soldier thinking a small Guardia Civil boat is going to attack the rock. And this is literally not an argument: "oh, let me show you the navy living there, that'll teach him that Spain doesn't own the door of the Med alongside Morocco", because no amount of """attacks""" changes the fact that the UK doesn't get to say what goes in and out.
Are you implying that the UK doesn't first ask for permission to enter and leave the Med? And, yes, if Spain were to say "no", you don't get to go through Spanish waters, you'd be stopped; it would hurt us, but you'd be fired at.
And, then again, this doesn't change the fact that Gibraltar is not there to control the access to the Med, that's a privilege of Spain, but to give the UK another strategic point in case something goes south.

Getting btfod by every other country in football

See to have a clear view of what belongs to Spain and what to the UK
Still Spanish water, and not amount of banter changes that.

The Treaty of Utrecht states that Gibraltar was ceded WITHOUT ANY TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION:

“(…) and takes it to be understood, that the above-named propriety (*) be yielded to Great Britain without any territorial jurisdiction (…)”.

(*) the town and castle of Gibraltar, together with the port, fortifications, and forts

it’s only a property agreement where the Spanish jurisdiction still remains. Gibraltar is a Spanish territory to perpetuity and a day … as it was ceded to Great Britain WITHOUT ANY TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION hence it NEVER CEASES BEING SPANISH hence the principle of territorial integrity, as specified in resolutions 1514 (XV) fully applies.

The isthmus was not ceded. Spain allowed the use of that area on a TEMPORARY basis and under humanitarian reasons but later it was stolen and called “neutral zone” by UK. The surrounding waters were not ceded either and if so it would’ve been mentioned in the Treaty as these spaces (isthmus and surrounding waters) were delimited by cannons shoots as it was the custom in 1713. Sir Anthony Berkshaw, FCO committee in 1981 acknowledged that there is no legal base for UK to occupy it.

The United Nations has established in various resolutions that there is no one formula for decolonization. The principle of self-determination, although applicable to most colonial situations, is not absolute. It is limited by another principle — that of territorial integrity, as specified in resolutions 1514 (XV) and 2625 (XXV). For the specific case of the decolonization of Gibraltar, the principle of territorial integrity applies, as recognized in resolutions 2353 (XXII) and 2429 (XXIII).

Brits sure love to keep tiny pieces of land to just to piss off other people.

gibraltar español putos brits antieuropeistas

Just another proof of the brit's perfidy

Yo soy anti EU.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Fedora.

OTAN NO BASES
FUERA YANQUIS

Rightful American clay

I heard Gibraltar is made out of Led Zeppelin records.
Because erbody knows Gibraltar just gotta rock!

The part that really pisses me off is that I learned about Gibraltar in school and never fucking heard of Ceuta until I looked it up just now.

There is so much cool history that our schools just skip the fuck over.

Ceuta was spanish even before Morocco was created

BTFO Brits and cocksucking Swampjew

Naval control of the Mediterranean.

Kek. That'd be nice but it's just because it's our rightful clay and the Reconquista feels of removing shit from our Peninsula.

Also because it's the anglos there and fuck the anglos, and also because it's basically another bedbug of Her Britshit Majesty the sort of Cayman Islands, Jersey and etc used for offshore banking. Money laundering, tax evasion and shit.

It has nothing to do with control of the strait. The waters and the projection are already dependants on Spain and Morocco, the passing is international waters anyway and cannot be restricted like any other international strait, and the effective naval control of the whole area in of the Murican Navy.

What happened in Gibraltar during the Civil War?

Found the point for you, OP

spanish actin like big boys but don't see you with a colony on anglesey

Leicester and Birmingham are pakis colonies

London and surrey are arabs colonies

edinburgh and glasgow are scots colonies

surrey actually isnt but kudos for knowing anything about england outside london, yank

I live in surrey, there really aren't many arabs. The only time i see any is when I'm in kingston, there are in my opinion too many but its like 1 in 20.

>Surrey
Nigga what

idk if autistic but
it's as important as the sueze canal
it's an opening from the atlantic to the med
it's always important for shipping and stuff and in the event of war it's vital
i think passing ships pay taxes too

are all those ropes really necessary?

Bastion of white

Point of negotiation to make sure Britain always has an entrance to the Mediterranean.

-Britain w/o Gibraltar, in a scenario where Spain and Morocco tell the UK to fuck off:
UK: "Fuck you, open up we're bringing the guns."
Rest of the world: "Wow what a dick, Spain and Morocco can do whatever they want."

-Britain w/Gibraltar, in a scenario where Spain and Morocco tell the UK to fuck off:
UK: "Fuck you, open up we're bringing the guns."
Rest of the world: "Well they do have to look after Gibraltar; seems reasonable."

>Implying the rest of the world would ever side with us

Lmao

It should be called the strait of Tarifa, as that is the closest point to Africa and the where the strait is shorter.

Or the strait of Algeciras/Tangiers if we go by main ports and cities in the area.

1/2

Gibraltar is very important for British power projection. The naval base allows us to easily support fleets sent across the Atlantic or into the Med. There is also an RAF base which is hardly used right now (because the action is in the Middle-East making Cyprus more useful) but could be very useful.

See pic related for an example of Gibraltar being useful, other than the more obvious function of allowing Britain to stop other countries coming in/out of the Med

2/2

And for people saying it's Spanish rightful clay or the British are keeping it because of "perfidy" or whatever bullshit, read the Treaty of motherfucking Utrecht. Pic related.

Any questions?

Pero sin duda colapsaremos sin el apoyo del EU.

The treaty of Compiegne also said that half of France was rightful german occupation zone, the Treaty of Shimonoseki that lots of Chinese clay was now rightful japanese clay, etc, etc

In short, you can shove Utrecht up your ass until we fuck your shit up and make you sign a treaty that says that London is now Spanish at perpetuity.

Cuck spain, control the Med.

I still dont get why people still care about Gibraltar. And yes, it's a rightful british land

>control the med
with what fleet?

>the passing is international waters anyway and cannot be restricted like any other international strait,

You think if there's another big war countries with everything at stake will sacrifice winning for the sake of international law? Have you heard of a place called the South China Sea and what's happening there? The Chinese are doing illegal activities in international waters and the USA has to this day NEVER ratified the Convention of the Law of the Sea.

This is the world we live in and you're saying Britain has no need of Gibraltar because the Strait is "international waters"?? Or worse, rely on Spain??

You're fucking naive

you are the naive one, if you think the british navy is what it was in 1800. your blockade wouldn't last a day.

>The treaty of Compiegne also said that half of France was rightful german occupation zone, the Treaty of Shimonoseki that lots of Chinese clay was now rightful japanese clay, etc, etc

Uh huh and those treaties were only violated by brute military force. What that DOESN'T mean is that you can claim all treaties between soverign nations are irrelevant because there were wars in the past. What it DOES mean is that if you want Gibraltar the only way it's happening is via military force. If you win Gibraltar by war and Britain is too weak to take it back by any method, then it's Spanish fair and square.

>with what fleet?
A fleet which doesn't need to waste its time or strength patrolling the Med due to the fact that close British allies are all over the place. If Italy decided to be meanies all of a sudden then you'd see a bigger Royal Navy presence in the Med.

>you are the naive one, if you think the british navy is what it was in 1800. your blockade wouldn't last a day.
Where did I say the Royal Navy is what it was in 1800? It isn't, it's much weaker than that. But what has that got to do with what I said?

then probably you're not the one I wanted to reply to, the user who claimed you could blockade the mediterranean.

How did Spain fail to take this back? What an absolute shitshow.

You replied to my post, although I never specifically mentioned a blockade. The Royal Navy could quite effectively block the entrances and exits to the Med for a long time using its nuclear attack submarines, but blockade against who? If you're imagining a scenario of the UK against the world's combined navies then no we couldn't pull that off for long.

If we're talking about denying access to the Med to a potential enemy of Britain (who mostly have much weaker navies than us) then yes we could block them from the Med.

just like your northern shore

We also keep one of the world's better fleets of mine countermeasure ships which are often around the Med. Sea, in case someone else tries to blockade the Med.

royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/operations/arctic-and-northern-european-waters/nato-mcmv-1

T. Hercules

Germany?

Britain is an inbred coloney

bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-30234121