200MHz improvement for Zen+

wccftech.com/amd-2nd-generation-ryzen-5-2600-asus-crosshair-vii-hero-x470-leak/

Only 200 more MHz compared to 2600 vs 1600?!

Other urls found in this thread:

azerty.nl/basket/?code=YToxMTp7aToxNTk4MjQ2O2k6MTtpOjE0Mjc1ODY7aToxO2k6MTYwNDk5ODtpOjE7aToxNjE2Njk7aToxO2k6NjcyNzYyO2k6MjtpOjE5NTgxOTtpOjE7aToxNTkwNzQwO2k6MTtpOjM2NTczO2k6MjtpOjEzMjI2O2k6MTtpOjM2NTY3O2k6MjtpOjE2NTA3OTtpOjE7fQ==
skyfallattack.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

building a high end computer now costs 2k+ euros. Wow. This picture doesnt include the CPU yet

>Only 200 more MHz compared to 2600 vs 1600?!

kek, I remember AMDfags were dreaming about the huge clock boosts that were definitely gonna come with zen+.

>he expected amd to deliver substantially better clockspeeds on ryzen(((+)))
i don't get the confusion here it's not like this is ryzen 2 or 3 where you could reasonably assume an actual improvement

It is still a measurable improvement, and we haven't taken IPC improvements into it yet.

And who knows what they can overclock to.

It's engineering sample, they managed to keep TDP at 65w with higher clocks and it will be more than 200mhz boost on release.

LMAO inlelfag.

The clocks improve with new samples.

>April
thank you, didn't know that yet.
I'll be doing a lot of wagecucking until then, might consider buying a Ryzen+... if DDR4 prices come back to sanity. Otherwise, naaah. I'm good with my 3570k

who is she?

Zen+ isn't Zen 2, wojak spamming shitposter. Kill yourself.

>200mhz higher
>10% higher perf than 1600
???

Because there isn't one.

The 10+% figure comes from an AMD marketing slide.
So in actualy reality it's something like 5% at best on average, 10% on this one specific synthetic bench with a retarded component selection.

>she

>and we haven't taken IPC improvements into it yet.
There are none because it's a fucking die shrink.

Any information about 2400G?

Don't crush the tender hopes of AMDfags.

At least it won't be slowed down by 30%

Glass houses my dude.

Definitely getting AMD in my next build nonetheless.

No 10% comes from GF's process improvement slides.

No fucking shit, thats a TR4 Mobo, not an AM4.

Its a 200mhz bump from a minor process tweak on an engineering sample.
What the fuck else did you retards except from a refresh?

Buying 4x8GB is cheaper than 2x16GB, and arguably faster since you get more ranks.

doesn't ryzen run better with less ranks?

Some of the involved people (don't remember who, might have been Papermaster) already stated that they've made architectural improvements as well, focusing particularly on the memory controller.

Can't possibly see why. More ranks allows more open pages, decreasing the probability of having to swap pages. Small improvement for sure, but nevertheless.

It's called a die shrink. The architecture is the same.

>200mhz bump
4.4-4.5ghz wall. Not bad

On a threadripper you can it you can it in quad channel so it's faster.

>I'm good with my 3570k
I know that feel. There are way better CPUs out there, but no good reasons to upgrade.
FeelsWeirdHonestly

Nope, you definitely get a performance boost, even in vidya.
That said, you can generally hit way higher memory clocks with less ranks so it almost balances out.

Base clock is what it is. I'm looking forward to seeing what people can get it to before it starts being too hot for a Macho to handle. Silicon lottery and whatnot.

Oh, that was a TR4 motherboard? In that case it would definitely just be stupid to not run at least four channels.

currytech without an archive.

Ivy Bridge was just Sandy Bridge shrink and it had 2% to 5% better ipc

Those changes are already in Raven ridge. Papermaster literally said so recently

ah that explains it thanks looks like i misunderstood what the differences were

4 vs 4.2 ghz is nothing

Its 5% improvement, thats just to be expected from the die shrink alone. Honestly that's what I expected it to be but had hoped the Zen+ would get us to atleast 4.5. Hope is ofcourse fiction.

It's 200MHz base increase, that could easily be due to the 65W TDP and node shrink. Not sure we can really say much about max clocks from just this.

>Engineering sample
when the first Zen engineering samples leaked, they were 2.8GHz

Link?

This isn't an engineering samples it's a release candidate. Look at the model code

yeah. looking forward to this pocket rocket myself.

Pretty much: azerty.nl/basket/?code=YToxMTp7aToxNTk4MjQ2O2k6MTtpOjE0Mjc1ODY7aToxO2k6MTYwNDk5ODtpOjE7aToxNjE2Njk7aToxO2k6NjcyNzYyO2k6MjtpOjE5NTgxOTtpOjE7aToxNTkwNzQwO2k6MTtpOjM2NTczO2k6MjtpOjEzMjI2O2k6MTtpOjM2NTY3O2k6MjtpOjE2NTA3OTtpOjE7fQ==

What did you expect from a die shrink? I'm sticking with mine for another 5 years, but if anyone I know builds a computer this is what they're getting. Fuck Intel.

>only 200mhz increase
only retards thought it was going to be "massive" increases. sane people figured 200-400mhz tops. and i own a 1800x myself. never once thought amd was coming out with super clocked chips with this refresh.

>assembly
>windows
>4 shitty overpriced fans
>2 SSDs
is this a joke?

Scores better than a 1600X even with lower clocks.

So either XFR is much higher and Sandra doesn't read it or IPC increased

XFR is tiny, momentary. It wouldn't have dramatic impact on performance. It very rarely ever kicks in under best case scenarios.
They could have tested the system with faster memory, or tweaked the IF data fabric ratio.

Clock is in the model code

So no 6 CPU cores APUs?

muh niggahertz

>shithole countries
Spiders are Nazis. Triggered. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-Assembly, after 1500 euro I have the shop assemble as they have parts if anything happens, I rarely build any PCs anymore
-Windows, yes, like the rest of the world uses
-Fans are one of the moving things in a PC that go bad after a while, I have the PC in my living room, these Noctuas are quiet
-2 SSDs, because I want Windows on one SSD and Linux on the other.

This. On Intel HEDT platforms you don't get really penalized for dual channel, but since Ryzen relies heavily on RAM, it's four sticks or else you may incur anywhere from 20~40% performance penalty in memory-limited applications. To make the most of a 16-core chip you're pretty likely to need a 4x8GB kit. 4x4 is also doable if you don't have bank, although I think 16GB might be tight for a system like this, even if you have the option of 32GB down the line. Depends on your workload really.

To add, you didn't mention the missing videocard!
I'll be moving that from my old PC.

>it's a fucking die shrink
no, it's not.
It's the same node if you check the transistor dimensions,
the node is focused on big chips with high clocks and performance.

>engineering sample
?????

It is not. Z- is release candidates. Engineering samples start numerically

>4 vs 4.2 ghz

>ryzen cracking 3.5
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

n-n-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Does anyone have the silverfish version of this image from /diy/?

>zen+ is zen2
>12nm is 7nm
Idiotic brainlets

If true then Intel will be content with Coffee Lake for 2018.

Yes. Ryzen2 wont be here until 2019

You mean Zen 2? Because Ryzen 2 is just around the corner.

nope
no room for a second CCX on APU's

But according to news, that's exactly what it is.

Ryzen 1 might be a steal once they start selling them out from the way of ryzen 2, if there is only 200 MHz difference between them.

>zen+ was supposed to be shit!!!

Will zen+ have fixed spectre meltdown issues?

Nope, only by software.

Also meltdown doesn't affect AMD, only possibly spectre.

>once they start selling them out from the way
they only reduced the pricing by 10-15%, and now are priced in line with their intel counterparts

amd is literally killing themselves and the fanbois are beside themselves

I'm keking hard at all the faggots who bought amd stock when meltdown was announced

Article says it's an engineering sample. That's pretty cool, possibly a higher clock when it's released officially.

Wonder how well it will overclock. So excited.

Does epyc also suffer from spectre?

It was, it's literally no different than the steamroller to excavator jump. And like this jump we will see further power efficiency gains.

EPYC is Zen so yeah.

How bad is spectre?

Don't you have a 30% loss in performance patch to download somewhere Intlel?

>its an OP doesnt know what an engineering sample is episode

So far there's no proof-of-concept exploit based on spectre so I wouldn't worry too much. In any case it's patched.

>it performs better at lower clocks
>but it's due to other optimizations and not ipc itself, so it doesn't matter
Are you retarded? Are you mad you can't just say a core number?

What kind of spastic strawman argument are you seeing in your malformed autism brain?

There's only 200mhz difference between 7700k and 8700k. Yet 8700k overclocks way higher. Why aren't bitching about that?

Are you a casual that doesn't know how to overclock? Why are you even here?

huh weird i am sure this was supposed to just be ryzen+, i guess i mistook it with something i missed?

intel didn't claim 86% improvements

The architecture is Zen+, but the CPUs are called Ryzen 2. Chances are the Zen 2 CPUs will be called Ryzen 3 to make things extra confusing.

The arch is being called Zen+ according to that screenshot, maybe that's more what you're thinking of.

8700k had 4 extra threads, did poo+ do this? Funny how amd always makes something and then rebrands it for 4 years. *cough*7970*cough*

It's better than the jump from Skylake to Kabylake...

Ryzen+ is around the corner

Ryzen 2 is later on. Zen is short for Ryzen.

>86%
You're going to need a source for that user.

'Ryzen 2' is this year (around the corner)
'Ryzen 2' is Zen+

Ryzen 3 will be Zen2

Which is fine, 20% better cache coherency is a good thing.

So list of current known improvements:
- 12nm die shrink (currently 200mhz base clock improvement)
- Better cache coherency
- All dies free of segfault issue affecting pre week 25 Ryzen.
- from the look of it, better motherboards this time around too

Almost there: skyfallattack.com/

Ryzen is the brand name.

Zen is the microarchitecture

Zen+ will be released this year.

"Ryzen 2" doesn't exist. Ryzen 3, 5, 7 exist.

The current iteration is first gen Zen, the one that's about to be released is Zen+, the far future change is Zen 2.

TL;DR Ryzen 2 or Ryzen+ doesn't exist. Zen, Zen+, Zen 2 is the proper term. Ryzen 3/5/7 are tiers

Its why 'Ryzen 2' was in quotes.
An example Zen+ product would be "Ryzen 7 2800X"

>buying hardware on Amazon
>complaining about high prices

>Zen1 » Zen1+ » Zen2 » Zen2+(?)
>Ryzen1 » Ryzen2 » Ryzen3 » Ryzen4(?)

It's not hard to understand buds.

See The Ryzen 2600 is not Ryzen 2, its simply Zen+. Ryzen 2600 is Ryzen 5. There is Ryzen 3, 5, and 7.