Amazon HQ Finalists

Which city is going to win?

I want to say Boston, but their infrastructure may not be forecasted to handle it. Newark/NYC has a similar problem.

I think you draw the line at Atlanta, and rank everything east of there by the quality of their international hub airport.

We should send a militia to each of those cities to keep the amazonians out.

It's gonna be Dallas.

this

It's Atlanta 100% and I'll tell you why.
>Studios
Amazon is expanding their original series and many of them are filmed in Atlanta. The new headquarters will be Amazon studios focused and Atlanta has a large film industry.

Toronto just to piss off Trump

Why not Miami?

Who cares? They'll just wreck wherever they go

Austin would be a good choice for them. The city has fiber, hosts several other tech giants like Intel, AMD, and Dell, and a unique culture. Plus there's lots of real estate in some pretty easily accessible areas.

I'm sure others cities are good choices, too, but I lived in Austin most of my life and definitely think Amazon would fit in well there.

Hurricanes and cost of living. Not saying those are nails in the coffin, just listing Miami's cons.

Whoever gives them the biggest tax cut.

why didn't amazon choose detroit,mi or camden, nj?

>Detroit
DTW isn't a major international hub airport.

>Camden
They practically did with Philadelphia in the finalists.

I know you're just fucking around, but it really makes one wonder what sort of places would make good practical choices. Too bad they're including criteria like "culture."

Why do people want a bunch of millennial yuppies to invade their city and drive up home prices? I don't get it. Tech employees are cancer.

Because those people want to pocket graft.

Atlanta as they have the largest airport on earth, great tax breaks and would give Amazon an east coast presence.

Which city has the most minorities?

Is it largest or just the most active? Or both?

Please not Nashville. We're full. Go away. You'll only make good targets for the homeless people and rednecks.

Nashville would be good for fulfillment centers because of the FedEx hub at Memphis. It's an inferior choice for an HQ with Atlanta close by.

Pittsburgh is probably the top contender at this point. It has massive, cheap space available, good infrastructure, it's already a tech hub (best comp sci university in the world, a major Google branch office, etc), has its own intl airport that isn't an overcrowded mess.

It's far and away their best option

It's also in a relatively central location to most of the new slate of facilities from Q3/4 2017 through 2018. Good for organizing the regional staff.

Probably Austin/Dallas, possibly Denver.

Mainly because they're in the center of the US and distribution from that place would be fast enough for any area.

so it's because they are shitholes full of niggers. gotcha

Move the Seattle HQ while you're at it. Amazon has ruined our state, maybe not financially but it's robbed any uniqueness we had before.

The one with least tax

>let's make the traffic problem even worse by blocking off streets every week for car commercial #376889965 and Game of Stranger Black Mad Men episode #977789997997

I'm still struggling to comprehend how this is legal. What do the tax paying citizens who need to use these roads get in return exactly?

Most likely to lose power for a week straight right in the middle of the holiday season.

They're not going to be distributing from HQ, nor do they need it to be local to their fulfillment centers. An HQ needs to be accessible to people traveling across their different regional operations, especially internationally. Sticking it in the middle of the US adds time to those flights, though at least those cities have huge international airports.

Sick burn bro. Well played.

Belive me when I say this:
you don't want Amazon HQ anywhere near you live; it will reck your housing rental prises, ppl slave labor in Amazon horror warehouse, and many, many, undesireable 'bro'grammer who hates gays and attack on lLGBTQ will skyrocket.

Enjoy priced out of your apartment and having to live with fresh off the boat folks in the outskirt of youer city.

From Seattle, with Love

Please be in Maryland

Come on MoCo MD. Come on baby, we already have a warehouse for super fast shipping.

What if I rent property and like FOB Asian chicks. Seems like win/win then

What prevents me from buying investment properties and profiting from the young comp sci grads who suddenly get more money than they know what to do with.

As a land lord in MD, this sounds great. Especially the part about making the place unwelcome for the LGBTQWERTY community.

It's gonna be Atlanta. /story

I was with you until the part about "brogrammers".

Also Montgomery County has some of the highest land and housing costs in the union(look it up), it literally cannot get much worse.

Going by taxes and airports, Dallas and Atlanta. Everywhere else has too high taxes (Philidelphia), too broke (Chicago), or too small (Austin).

Gonna be MD, Montgomery County is still mostly suburbia and even has farm land, so they will be able to set up a massive campus. Only problem is its one of the most expensive places landwise in America, but Amazon can afford it. Plus white people love living there, so much stealth wealth.

That or Atlanta for films.

Canadians were so happy to learn they we're thinking of Toronto. Sad that we're gonna get cucked yet again, I hate this country

And most Americans? Lol

Detroit

Columbus. It is right on network lines from major cities (Chicago and New York). Very low latency to both areas while being cheap to buy land just outside of the city. Columbus has a Ludacris amount of servers set up for that reason. It won't be in the city proper, but in the suburbs somewhere.

Newark
Dallas
Pittsburgh

Gonna go with Raleigh on this one.

Considering the NC university system is literally right there (UNC, State, Duke) and that there's tons of open building space for an Amazon HQ2, it would probably be the best option to set up shop there. Not only that, but since Raleigh isn't as "established" as other major cities, Amazon could easily exploit the regional growth and entrench themselves, attracting other businesses to the local area and being showered with rewards as a result.