Why are you not unironically using Sup Forumsentoo?

Why are you not unironically using Sup Forumsentoo?

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no/u/installgentoo.txt
sudosatirical.com/articles/man-loses-will-to-live-during-gentoo-install/
funroll-loops.teurasporsaat.org
what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened
cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180118.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>compiling everything yourself for minimal benefit

>icons on desktop
>DE

>GUI for package manager

Because I'm using Arch which is just as fast on x86_64.

>GUI for EMERGE

this looks like a programmer designed the gui

at least it doesn't look like a multi billion dollar corporation pushed the ui

>3 NES emulators

new desktop thread ?

I was for a couple months but I got tired of compiling shit.

Because I don't need to compile every last goddamn package myself. I run Linux so I can spend less time getting my computer to do what I want, not more.

I am. I love compiling the shit I use. Unironically.

Sometimes I need use flags that aren't toggled in the packages on other distributions. On those occasions, you have to build the package yourself; on Gentoo, you can easily modify package.use and still have automated updates and official support.

Lmao at cloveros aka I'm too stupid to install Gentoo.
PROTIP: If you make an OS easy enough for a nigger to install, only a nigger will want to

because life is short

>If you make an OS easy enough for a nigger to install, only a nigger will want to
That's actually shockingly poetic.

>GNU GCC
the GNU GNU Compiler Compilation
what a retarded name, no wonder nobody takes this seriously

The GNU GNU's not Unix Compiler Compilation.

it would still be
the GNU's not Unix GNU's not Unix Compiler Compilation
thus a retarded name

The GNU's Not Unix GNU's Not Unix Compiler Collection you mean.

mfw i just run chiru.no/u/installgentoo.txt and it's done

made me giggle
sudosatirical.com/articles/man-loses-will-to-live-during-gentoo-install/

>Sometimes I do useless things
literally no one cares.

Nonfree software everywhere.

wait 2 hours to compile a wen browser, why?

i don't know how to install it

Or I could just change a few toggles on the few pieces of software I need to and not have to worry about ridiculous compiles times and wasting dollars of electricity every time I update @world.

I used Gentoo when I was an edgy teenager.
I laughed at funroll-loops.info (mirror for newfags: funroll-loops.teurasporsaat.org )

Today I use debian - it just werks.

Don’t you realize that multibillion dollar company still means that it’s the people’s power to become anything they want? Multibillion dollar company is the real expression of freedom.

then why do they look like absolute garbo

Because I lack the autism and the audacity to compel myself wasting countless hours to a day or two punching in commands into the cli just to manually compile and install my OS the hard way, the fucking autist way. Yeah. No Thank You. I'm good. Waste of fucking time. I'll take a simpler cli, net or graphical installer and installation over the cli hard mode autist way

i dont use any linux distro because the font rendering is so bad it makes the entire screen seem like gaussian blur was applied over it

Has this been updated to add a slice for what SystemD has adsorbed now?

I don't know USE flags RN and I get scared when emerge tells me there are mysteriously things I need to hand-edit.

What went wrong with enlightenment, bros?

Enlightenment 16 was literally perfection

I think CloverOS is malware from Sup Forums

t. underage poltard

You spend ten seconds typing a command. It updates everything updateable from your 2500 packages or installs your list of packages in a bunch of minutes or hours, depending on what needs doing and on how fast your pc is.

Occasionally it initially informs you you are asking for an impossible combination. You fix this, so it takes a minute to run the first conmand. Still all good.

Good on you for carrying the enlightenment torch. Only a bunch of edgy windows xp theme making Brazilians can out ugly that mess.
There's a really fitting CPU+OS combo though.

Nice. You mind if I ask how you got the tilebar at the top to act like mac OS? (the way it displays file/edit/etc. for each program)

>as in USE independent, e.g. gcc
emerge -pv gcc

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies ... done!
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/gcc-7.2.0-r1:7.2.0::gentoo USE="cxx fortran (multilib) nls nptl openmp pch (pie) sanitize ssp vtv (-altivec) (-awt) -cilk -debug -doc (-fixed-point) (-gcj) -go -graphite (-hardened) (-jit) (-libssp) -mpx -objc -objc++ -objc-gc -pgo -regression-test -vanilla" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

kek

Yes, that's the point. It's a GUI by programmers, for programmers. It has an aesthetic you wouldn't understand if your'e just a mindless consumer.
>muh burger ads in the start menu

>having nigger illya as your wallpaper

Your keyboard is covered in semen and Cheeto dust.

This. Kuro is whore trash.

At least portage has actual dependency resolution.

It's a plasma widget called global menu. You can just add it to the panel.

>implying i would treat my mechanical keyboard that way

have my captcha kid

I originally thought GCC stops for general compiler collection, and so I looked up gcc on Wikipedia to fact check. Turns out gcc is written in sepples. The more you know

what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened
Unix happened.

>Why are you not unironically using Sup Forumsentoo?
If I wanted to feel autistic then I'd wait for my weekly sessions with my therapist.

emulators perform like garbage on linux

>It was written by a C programmer who “doesn’t like the notion of ‘type’ in programming”.
Oh boy. This is gonna be a good read.

Because you’re a contrarian faggot who got bullied in highschool

Windows 10 looks like a Fisher Price toy and OS X looks exactly the same

Even if corporate desktop environments are based on what the people want, the desktop is still ugly and the people are still wrong.

more fvwm

Thank you Jesus and Tritonium for making this happen. I want to be back on IRC again soon.

That only goes back 3 years or so, enlightenment has been making shit decisions since enlightenment 17 (like muh tablet/phone support), and that goes way back than 10 years

Nevermind my stupidity, I just noticed it's talking about all of enlightenment's history.

burgers are delicious

i came for the meme
stayed for the neckbeard

CloverOS uses fvwm now

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180118.iso

because i use NixOS which is superior

god bless the gentoo

Because makes it you tasteless, apparently

How hard is this to use if you're only used to Debian spinoffs like Ubuntu and Mint?

>Not using retropie

Nonfree software.

The guy who made that pic states right at the website that he cheated by bundling Linux and other programs together and splitting GNOME and GNU.

Don't forget the fact that the majority of that software is GPL licensed.

Do you guys like my cup

e17 on maemo was bae though.

The small amount of performance that I would gain by compiling locally isn't great enough to make me use it, especially when there are cheap and powerful machines all over the place. I can get quad core 2GHz laptops for like $300 on ebay that shred through any of the programs I'd be using them for. And on my custom built desktop I can run even the most demanding software with ease. The benefits of Gentoo are really lost on such powerful machines, and so it's a waste of time. I'd rather just use Fedora which automatically does everything short of wiping my ass for me.

Give me a reason.

You don't need gnome
A license doesn't concede authorship.

There's no reason to call it GNU /Linux. Plenty of people have contributed to your OS.

Because he killed himself for us.

comfy gentoo coffee

>gentoo coffee
You have to compile the coffee yourself. You are given the seeds to grow coffee plants, but you have to pick and ground the coffee beans yourself.

kek

>using pajeetlonix on desktop

install program: emerge pcsx2
upgrade system: emerge -uvD world

that's about it

Because linux is shit and compiling is retarded

>firefox with alsa support
>minimal benefit
oke buddy

And you have to build the coffee machine from source (plastic and glass) and configure the electronic wiring.

hello, Sup Forums. I bet you're angry that there is a thread here that isn't dedicated to your manchild videogaming obsession. kys

That would be appropriate if you were also authoring and maintaining the packages yourself. A more apt analogy would be pressing your own coffee; e.g. a reasonable amount of effort to get a discernably better brew, and anything past that would simply plateau in terms of quality. The fact that you would even consider something as simple as installing Gentoo to be so hard shows your brainlet.

xubuntu just werks

But I am.

please don't hack me

those animations would annoy the shit out of me though

Aww, can babby not take a bantz?

>please don't hack me
Don't get on my bad side and I won't!

it's a common joke, user. don't be autistic