Why does this country suck at internet?

Why does this country suck at internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2016/01/02/us-internet-speeds-average/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gvyyym/hundreds-of-cities-are-wired-with-fiberbut-telecom-lobbying-keeps-it-unused
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture
huffingtonpost.com/bruce-kushnick/the-book-of-broken-promis_b_5839394.html
linkedin.com/in/bruce-kushnick-4501612b
reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/6c5e97/eli5_how_were_isps_able_to_pocket_the_200_billion/
irregulators.org/bookofbrokenpromises/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plebbit GTFO

Oh you haven't seen my country
>Australia

>reddit
I'm not trusting their opinion on anything internet related after that net neutrality bullshit.
Also go back and stop spamming Sup Forums about it. You lost and you need to fuck off.

The same people will defend this are the anti-NN shills. Literal paid marketers and ancap corporate bootlickers

This is what happens when you involve the government in the free market
When will you retards learn?

My speeds went from 512 Kb/s to 100 Mb/s in the past 10 years at the same price. And you're now telling me that ISPs haven't been doing jack shit? Fuck off reddit.

All of our infrastructure is trash. Roads, internet, pipelines, all of it. Why? My guess is poor spending choices.

>gibsmement gives free cash in obviously corrupt display of crony capitalism
>let's give them MORE power and money to "regulate" the isps!

America is a ((())) testing ground they use it to see how much you can get away before the host turns on the parasite, americans are consumer whores living in a coma which they think is a dream LOL.

implied in photo
>government

Nice strawman

b-b-but da gubmint make the bad guy go way RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

bgr.com/2016/01/02/us-internet-speeds-average/
Yeah they didn't do shit with it.

>trusting your ISP

It's actually pretty well known, my mom has been angry about this for years

Nice anecdote, here have one from me! they just offer more plans now with higher maximum, but they still fucking have the shitty 3mbs plan from 15 years ago I used to have and the price has actually gone up...

>Why does this country suck at internet?
Government regulations.

LMFTFY *not enough government regulations

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gvyyym/hundreds-of-cities-are-wired-with-fiberbut-telecom-lobbying-keeps-it-unused

Long story short, the gov made a deal with the telecom that they would get a shitload of tax breaks and money if they made a bunch of internet stuff for the people.

They did. Sounds sweet, everyone gets awesome fiber optic internet for cheap.

No. Telecoms trollface and say that the deal was to make it, not let people use it. Then they used lobbyist and legal shit to block any effort to slap their shit over this.

I mean arguably this is a different beast than NN, because one is making companies richer by gov't and the other is only laying ground rules by gov't. Either way I don't think enforcement of laws is adequate, and a government really shouldn't hand out money to a select few companies. I don't know the exact terms of course, but it didn't work. The fiber they laid is not used as intended. If I had to guess, the faster internet we get is a sloe improvement due to actual slight competition, mainly dsl vs cable or satellite. It's competition, but not exactly equivalent, and if we could have a more fluid and inexpensive way to add cables, we could easily solve this.
One could say the gov't should own the fiber and companies just share it to compete, but that stifles new tech and puts more in the hands of those who fail us time and time again. Any suggestions?

GO BACK REEEEEEEEEE

(((Motherboard)))

never trust jews

USA is a paradise for corporations. People have no rights.
I'd honestly rather live in Poland than the USA.

Yeah all the damn regulations that force them not to spend money for fiber...

I dunno. Why do you have to pay thousands of dollars for healthcare? Why do you eat so much junkfood? Why do you cut of part of infants' genitals? Why do you still have 120V AC power and water with fluoride? Why don't you use the metric system? What the hell is wrong with you all?

>Vice
Please link to another source.
I don't read Fake News that banned archiving websites from archiving its articles because it likes to post fake news and distort articles constantly without notice.

Corporations are litterally people. That is why people hate them. Because coprorations are entities with THE SAME RIGHTS AS PEOPLE. The fact that you would post this just proves how retarded you are.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

What formerly-Soviet-owned-hellhole do you come from, user?

So you're saying that if 0.001% of the country comes together to form a corporation they have the right to fuck over the remaining 99.999%?

I'm glad I don't live in America.

>letting the government steal from you and then give it to private corporations but blaming corporations for it and not the government

lmao statists are so retarded

Ancaps would never defend governments stealing from people. They would however say "this is what you get for supporting governments, you liberal retards."

>Arguably most powerful country in the world does things differently than my country
>Literally 90% of the free world follows in their footsteps socially and politically
>Almost everything I own is made by an American corporation
>I'm shitposting on an American board using a computer that was probably made by an American company that connects to an American invention called the internet

Now, when you ask, "What the hell is wrong with you all?" what exactly do you mean?

>(((american)))

I'm actually Canadian but it might as well be the same thing.

>>Literally 90% of the free world follows in their footsteps socially and politically
Those who don't follow get bombed

It's simple.
We don't want your dumb retarded SJW's with their American sub-education polluting out eyes in the rest of the world, so we lobby for your Internet to be as shit as possible.

huffingtonpost.com/bruce-kushnick/the-book-of-broken-promis_b_5839394.html
linkedin.com/in/bruce-kushnick-4501612b
reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/6c5e97/eli5_how_were_isps_able_to_pocket_the_200_billion/
irregulators.org/bookofbrokenpromises/

Not my sites of choice but I do have shit to do.

The dude who wrote the book seem to have a decent idea what he is talking about and the only notable person arguing against is seems kind of iffy.

>hufpo
>reddit
Sorry i just cant listen to these sources

I'd honestly rather listen to them than vice.

You clearly cant read either, those are both referring to a book written by a dude.

>linkedin.com/in/bruce-kushnick-4501612b
>irregulators.org/bookofbrokenpromises/

The dude explained some shit in the linked reddit

its not that they have the right rather they have the abillity

>being this retarded

I didnt read them i dont go to reddit and hufpo

Good for you.

I linked the dudes linked in for his qualifications and the other site for the bit where it has a legit frre pdf of the book.

Theres no reddit cooties.

implying that's not true. You always go corporate first, consumer second

>price has gone up
Inflation

Theory: the larger a country is (geographically) the bigger this problem gets.

>being this much of an ignoramus

Yeah i mean ive known about this for months its not a new story. I dont beleive in government subsidies. Just welfare for compan8es

rebuttal: internet in russia is top notch

rebuttal: only in metropolitan areas

USA is a big ass country. Stop comparing USA to South Korea which is 20% the size of California. I think our internet is pretty good considering that.

Australia doesn't have the sort of money that America does and has similar infrastructure problems (huge land mass with most of the population around the outsides).

Go back to Sup Forums faggot, you're being trolled by an orange rich guy

this country is gonna fall apart in 15 years

If Americans didn't personally want to suck a soldiers cock every day this wouldn't be a problem

God why can't Trumpy just reinstate the draft?

Government should own the fibre then allow individual companies to improve it for free access to it. Allow the free market to shine but at least present a baseline that Americans can all benefit from. That's how we worked before trickle down became the norm.

This is a shining example of how economically and politically retarded 15 year old Sup Forums users are.

Why would the government give it to cable companies instead of building it themselves? If true, it sounds like some (intentional) poor decision-making by past establishment politicians. Maybe you should start voting for people the establishment hates, such as Trump.

You're being tricked by the media. We finally have a President who supports:
>secure our borders, deport illegals, block immigrants from countries that can't vet properly, stop H-1Bs, punish companies who move jobs to foreign countries, lower corporate tax to increase wages and bring back jobs, job creation, higher wages by decreasing supply of underpaid foreign workers, preserve our Constitutional rights by picking pro-Constitution Supreme Court Justices, vet Muslims, reduce crime, lower taxes for everyone, defund the UN and NATO if other countries don't do their share, cheaper health insurance and no mandate to buy it, increase energy reserves, renegotiate or end NAFTA, end TPP, end the Paris Accord, everything else in Trump's executive orders, and put America first,
all policies that benefit you as an American citizen, and you still think he's the enemy, and not the globalist elite-owned banks, corporations, media conglomerates, puppet Democrats and neocons, and college system who have been shilling against him non-stop despite having such policies that are favorable for the American people.

*literally

You're a fucking retard

go back to Sup Forums. This is Sup Forums, not your containment board.

this is what you americans have guns for isnt it

No, the guns are for suicide because that's the only way out of this shithole

When I first moved in my current area about a decade ago I had 15/5 in a 3-in-1 package for around $100/month. Now I get 10x the speed and pay less than $50/month for internet only.

Reminder that Comcast is owned by a jew.

As an ausfag desu I'm fairly content with what I'm getting.
It's not amazing but it works well enough for me.

>70 dollars a month
>200GB 4g capped at 12mbps
>Only use roughly 100GB a month
>20 ping in battlefield despite it being a wireless internet connection

works for me :^)

There is no free market at the ISP level. They are monopolies.

the fiber will trickle down

taking corporate dick is an american pasttime, what are you, unpatriotic?

>90% of the free world follows in their footsteps socially and politically
We're not in the 90's anymore, nobody in Europe care about what happens in the US.
>Internet is an american invention
What was CYCLADES and Minitel

You should turn off your nationalist TV and travel a bit. Reading books also help

lmao

If you don't agree on this post you're either a shill or brainwashed cuck

I want the Internet to suck here so you leave white numale cancer. This country belongs to Latin men with machismo now.

>We're not in the 90's anymore, nobody in Europe care about what happens in the US.

Tough talk from the people who were furious about Trump's threats of defunding NATO, angry he wasn't challenging Russia more, and got butthurt when he left the Paris Climate Accord. Not to mention everyone in Europe speaks English and consumes American media.

Because of government intervention ya dingus

>Trump Twitter threats
That guy who made your country a laughing stock? That's just fun to watch. He talks shit and does nothing (NATO UNO IMF China Russia Korea Iran Obamacare...)
Now the US are more than ever diplomatically isolated (Even NK and Syria have signed the Paris Climate Accord)
>Europe speak english
As a second or third language, like any other part of the world. English comes from an European country called England, dumbass.
>Consume American media
The fact that you don't consume anything else but US media does not mean the rest of the world does to. We have our own music, TV and film industry here... American contents are mostly considered pleb tier here (Series, rap, blockbusters...)
Saying "WE WIN, MURICA STRONK!!11!!" does not make your country actually strong. You're just one more deluded burger

Fact: Telephone companies were given that money by politicians and were suppose to use it to support the ISPS, but guess what. They were the ones who ended up pocketing it, not the ISPs. In fact, politicians also profited by taking that money themselves.

Protip: government ruins everything it touches. The freer the market the freer the people

>reddit
Fuck off libshit

If the other people let the company then yes, the company has all the right.

I think you are the one who has to go back, friend.

>English comes from an European country called England

Proof?

>wuaah wuaah mommy trumpy, they a hurting mah feelings agun

If the service providers did what they promised to do for receiving that big fat check, you would've had gigabit internet by now.

Sorry Europe isnt a country. You live in a small shitty little country with no global influence. Keep on talking trash about the USA tho. Keep listening to rap, speaking English, and using your Apple iPhone and watching Star wars.

I live in France, a country that have the same influence as the US at the UN security council, I speak three European languages (French, English and Spanish) and I just watched an Italian film and listened to some Nordic Black Metal on my Wiko phone...
The whole world does not revolve around the US anymore. It is way more diffuse and the majors players are now the EU and China since the US are in decline of international power.
>Watching Star Wars
I'm 27, duh.
I know Disney movies are the pinnacle of the US culture but here it's for kids or plebs.

sounds accurate. apparently my city has a large fiber network but neither cumcast nor assT&T nor WOW offer anything better than 100mbps.

You're incredibly deluded. The state of California has a bigger GDP than France. That's one state. We have 11 aircraft carriers. You have 1. The EU doesn't have an army. The US has so much military firepower it defends the EU, Japan, Israel, and South Korea at the same damn time. The dollar remains the world's reserve currency with no end in sight. China is strong, but they are getting strong at YOUR expense. The USA maintains it same percentage of global GDP. You really are nothing.

>Muh Sup Forums bogeyman
Fuck off trying to stymie discussion faggot.

>Why does this country suck at internet?
Government regulations and corrupt politicians/bureaucrats.

Look a countries with a free market, the internet is fucking glorious.

shut the fuck up you dumb nigger, if you lived in Canada you would know true horror, third world tier speed with bandwidth caps at first world price

>reddit
go back

>That guy who made your country a laughing stock?
says who? you? cool opinion bro

>$30/month
>uncapped (unless it's capped at 10TB, then I was only 300GB short) at 100Mbps down, 100Mbps up (speed test says 98.6 down, 99.1 up)
>I don't care or look at how many hundred GB I transfer per month
>dunno, I don't play BF.

Do you really think people would just go on the Internet and tell lies?