Uses openbox

>uses openbox
>is a former Linux dev himself (in fact, I used to work on a personal district with openbox)
>bashed for not using a tiling wm like I3 or ratpoison
Why are tiling wm fans hate other people's opinions, if they don't like tiling wm?

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saving this quality thead

That being said.

tiling WMs are for autistic man children

forgot link xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html

There's many other things to bash Xah Lee for, considering where they come from and what their ideas about multiple subjects are.
>in fact, I

>saving this quality thread
Thanks man

I'm not a big fan of tiling WMs, but regardless of that, this guy is retarded. Alt+F4 is an objectively shit keycombo, but even then tiling WMs are meant to be customizable at least in the way keybindings are handled.

xah lee is one of the only people who writes anything that makes sense

The thing is, people who use tiling wm's are just kids trying to feel like cool hackers or something. They derive a sense of self-worth from using this uncommon thing as their desktop, as if doing the harder thing makes them better somehow.

I was like this two years ago, and it cost me a lot of embarrassment to finally break out of that childish attitude and accept that, not only do people have different tastes and situations/use-cases to warrant different desktop paradigms, but also that tiling WMs can be downright impractical for most use cases. You're just making it harder on yourself when you use these unless you only work with a text editor and a compiler.

Even with compilers and text editors, the tiled wms aren't really serving any purpose to me...

dwm isn't shit

The wms aren't the issue, the userbase is...

There's a lot to criticize there, but I think one of the biggest issues is that his logic is internally inconsistent. Tiling WMs are bad because you have to memorize a ton of keybindings, but it's okay when you use your own arbitrary keybindings with Xfce. Tiling WMs cause RSI but emacs doesn't. Tiling WMs use space sub-optimally because of the table layout, but floating WMs somehow miraculously let you set every window to its optimal size, and you can somehow arrange those windows with no free space left on your screen.

actually, read what I wrote above you... I don't hated tiled desktops. but someone who uses it bashed me for not using it...

Unironically leave this board if you can't memorize keyboard shortcuts. You can literally learn i3 shortcuts in one hour.

I actually saw riced desktops not using i3 or any tiling wms

>"I don't hated tiled desktops. but someone who uses it bashed me for not using it..."
>literally linked an article bashing tiling WMs just a few minutes ago
Nice backpedaling.

>
>>"I don't hated tiled desktops.
> but someone who uses it bashed
> me for not using it..."
>>literally linked an article
> bashing tiling WMs just a few
> minutes ago
> Nice backpedaling.
I wasn't the one who posted the article

Then why the fuck should I care whether you like tiling WMs or not, when I was clearly replying to the user who linked the article?

isnt that guy homeless now?

you quoted both of ours...

kys namefag
filtered

> kys namefag
> filtered

Hasn't openbox development ceased?

>using Win key
>wm is the only software using it
What is this guy issue?

Personally, I'm using a tilling wm because I work mostly on laptop, touchpad is shit and cannot bother having a mouse with me. When on desktop I've Openbox as well, though I'm never on desktop in first place.