I was watching old Apple Mac commercials on YouTube (don't ask) and this slogan came up. Was it reallly true?

I was watching old Apple Mac commercials on YouTube (don't ask) and this slogan came up. Was it reallly true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyGCYoZ5Nlk
youtube.com/watch?v=e_ElgKvKFuY
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ebkb1wnWwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hUoJBerFDsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why were you watching old Apple Macs commercials on YouTube?

IBM 5150, 1981: $1600+
Apple II Plus, 1979: $1200+

Not him but I stumble upon random commercials sometimes and I enjoy watching them
it's more like nostalgia for a time where shit felt simple
It's nice to look back user

>I was watching old Apple Mac commercials

No, Commodore and Atari offered more for less.

This and I like Apple designs.

mmm 90's Apple...

>Was it reallly true?
compared to IBM PCs? probably...

No, it was never true. Compare a Macintosh with a small black and white display compared to a commodore Amiga. Amiga's were more oriented for gamers and people who did media production, such as make magazine covers, advertisements, cartoons, and even edit live video with a video toaster, but you needed a later Amiga

Black and white Macintosh (Original): 2,500 USD

Amiga 500: $699 USD. You could plug it into your TV depending on the model or you could get a 50Hz PAL or 60Hz NTSC RGB monitor, which was much better. The Amiga had multitasking, color, a huge library of games, and great sound with the Paula Chip.

>Amiga could easily run Mac OS via emulation
>Amiga could edit video with a video toaster, I mean live video (VHS), something that would cost a whole lot more with large scale studio equipment. Disney even made animation software and there was always Deluxe Paint V

Video Toaster
youtube.com/watch?v=zyGCYoZ5Nlk

Running Mac OS via emulation
youtube.com/watch?v=e_ElgKvKFuY

upfront cost is higher, but the cost over time is what really gets you. it's why printer companies sell a printer for cheap, but ink is jacked up to shit.

PC's are loss leaders for PC companies. Apple says no, give us the money for our perfect design, and we'll keep improving the product, and also take care of you promptly if you have any problems with our product. For real, apple store customer service is the tits

Macintosh games from the 80's
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ebkb1wnWwQ

Amiga games
youtube.com/watch?v=hUoJBerFDsA

Depends what you compare it to, but Apple 2 Plus was in competitive price range something like Atari 800 was basically the same shit at same price

But the upfront price still meant you had a inferior product. Amiga's and Atari ST's were far superior than any of the Apple computers of the 80's.

>Amiga OS
Had multitasking

>Mac OS
Had no multitasking

>Amiga OS
Had color and awesome sound

>Macintosh
Had no color until later models and PC speaker

Amiga was possibly more difficult to use than Mac OS, but that is subjective. To play a game, you put a floppy disk into the computer and turn on the machine. To run a application on the desktop, you had to open a folder and click on it. Practically the same in difficulty. One just requires you to plug in a monitor.

one requires you to completely shut down your computer, which is stupid

Yes, ask IBM's chief of IT why IBM uses Macs extensively

apple was never about having the bleeding edge. it was about having modern technology that had been polished "for use by mere mortals"

Yes. This was a time when ALL PCs, even IBM-compatibles, cost upwards of $4,000.

Modern technology? How is antiquated technology, modern? Amiga had preemptive multitasking since 1985 when Apple computers didn't have preemptive multitasking until Mac OS X 10.0. Yikes! Even Microsoft had preemptive multitasking in Windows 95.

Also, color is important. Even IBM computers supported color with CGA and EGA graphics. Why did apple support color with only the Apple II line including the powerful GS? Even the GS supported a color desktop, even if it wasn't Mac OS.

The original Macintosh used PC speaker beeps as sound when many other computers had rich audio chips like the SID, Paula, or even the Atari ST's sound and it even had midi ports for audio professionals. Apple strives to be a company for creatives like artists, yet they were stuck with black and white displays when other desktops could do more.

>had preemptive multitasking in Windows 95.
No, they didn't.
They got it with NT. (which actually predates Windows 95)

Okay, that doesn't make it better for Apple. They were way too late and when early versions of OSX were released it was buggy, crashed all the time, and not nearly as good as Mac OS 9. Eventually, Mac OS became better with OSX 10.3 and beyond, but it took them a long time to get that far, where they had a usable desktop.

>were released it was buggy, crashed all the time, and not nearly as good as Mac OS 9.
Have you used 9? It was horribly buggy as well.
It is the absolute worst OS I ever used.
Even Windows ME is better.

I had a nice experience with Mac OS 9.2.2. It was probably Apple's best classic Mac OS.

This. fagOS "Classic" is basically "When Apple has to think for themselves."

>this steaming pile of shit is the culmination of 30 years of work by applel street shitters

I don't remember the subversion but I had Finder crashing every 5 minutes and every two weeks I had to reinstall the whole damn OS. Such a piece of shit.
And applefags still spouted the same bullshit back then about how it's so much better and more stable than Windows.

This. Glad I realized early on in life that Appletards are just straight up braindead zombies and that Apple products are a scam.

How in the fucking fuck did Amiga pull that shit off?
Whenever I see those things, they look like they're from 2005+

I don’t know why Mac OS 9 would do that. I know at my elimentary school, our computer lab had a bunch of blue g3 iMacs. The computers would need a lot of service. My eMac g4 could run Mac OS 9 and it ran great. I even used custom theme software, for more advanced desktop themes.

It's funny because even by stealing someone else's kernal and layering their dumpster fire GUI on top of it, OSX was STILL a steaming turd.
Upgraded all the old office G4s to OSX and they still constantly crashed daily. And the $2000 G5s were no better.

>lets edit some video
>load up dv recordings
>try to pan through a clip
>application just closes and shows the smoke puff crash
>no error code to search for
>no nothing
>repeat
>same thing
>do this shit for half a year before telling boss that i just can't use this piece of shit
>he finally relents and gets a couple HP workstations with WinXP for the people in the office complaining
>productivity skyrockets
>boss sells off all the macs and gets all of us HP workstations
>macfaggots start whining about "windoze"
>boss just fires them all because at that point our productivity from not crashing constantly was already far more than whatever shit the macfaggots were churning out

>things that never happened: the post

Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones. I know the computers at school had lots of problems.

>iPhone
>give us the money and then we'll break your phone until you give us more money instead of just letting you fix your own phone

see