Nvidia prices jacked?!

Whats going on with nvidia video cards Sup Forums? Jacked up prices and almost everywhere i look theyre out of stock..

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=RX Vega&page=1&bop=And&order=BESTMATCH
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073
forums.khronos.org/showthread.php/8529-OpenCL-benchmark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People are buying them to use for crypto mining.

Miner faggots can't buy AYYMD HOUSEFIRES cards because they bought it all up for mining shit

Now the miner faggots bought up all Nvidia cards too, fuck them in the ass with a rusty iron rod

People with more money than both work ethic and lucrative skills combined are buying up all the GPUs to generate what is essentially Steambux.

> Broke faggots a paycheck away from bankruptcy are front loading credit cards in an attempt to gamble in a ponzi.
> Just like 2008, all it takes is a hiccup to reveal this truth.

As usual it's minerfaggots. They ran out of AMD cards.

Nvidia start change to volta, AMD had sold every card,miners are buying every nvidia

> Radeon cancelled production of Vega and won't admit it. They did so because they jumped the gun and weren't aware of the types of rip off prices they can charge for the new meme era of compute vidya
> Nvidia hasn't said fuck all about volta even though they were set to have released details last year. They've intentionally delayed its launch and kept mum about production while giving you a preview of what they have in store :
> Pascal Titan : $1,200
> Volta Titan : $3,000
> Radeon is going to reboot vega as a meme card in 2019 at likely double the price
> Nvidia is going to push volta release as far out as they can : maybe at the end of summer /july/aug/sept.
> Meanwhile they're conditioning plebs to accept insane prices by constrained production.
> Intel/AMD/Nvidia are all colluding on segmenting the market into APU for gaymen and mid/high end GPUs going into the compute vidya meme market at higher margins. The only thing on the calendar for feb/march/april/may/june are APUs. They clearly seem to not be shying about details about APUs but you're not hearing shit about next gen GPUs. You think this is a mistake? It's not. They're going to constrain supply and force people into the APUs they're trying to push. No, nvidia wont launch affordable consumer GPUs into their APU/Cloud gaming launch.. That would obviously be stupid and against sensible nigger business .. You never launch and established product that is more popular while trying to launch a new product that segments out people from the old. Writing's on the wall : Rape is coming.

> Oh and tensor cores wont be on consumer volta nor will HBM2 except the highest end card. They're gonna milk GDDR6 which is the last retard iteration of GDDR which already hit diminishing returns with GDDR5x. Latency is a mother fucker as is power utilization.

Screencap this !

Better buy a PS4 while it's cheap before miners figure out how to use them for mining

Besides crypto, the Chinese are buying them to play PUBG. 1060 is now the most used card according to steam statistics.

>muh 2018 predictions

I have a 960 4GB mini I paid $130 for last January and a 1050Ti 4GB I paid $150 for last May and only used for 2 weeks before buying an RX480. How rich am I going to be when I list them on eBay tomorrow?

im pretty sure nvidia is limiting production, since they are going to reveal volta lineup pretty soon.
But miner fags literally bought up all nvidia cards, so now we are in literal drought.

this is bullshit gddr5x raped vega and fucking Titan Xp with gddr is close to titan V with tensor cores and hbm.
HBM is meme for gaming and always was. They are good for saving space on Ultrabooks and obv good for compute were you need massive bandwidth, but for hope PC gddr > hbm, atleast for now.

> reality you'll live to see
Let me guess you think volta will be released and in stores in march at half the price of pascal w/ HBM2 and meme cores?
Meanwhile, I guess they're going to beg you to buy APUs, BFG that uses Nvidia shield, and use their cloud gaming services because it will make so much sense w/ affordable consumer GPUs...
> muh dumb ass euphoria that fails to understand clear and present business practices/strategies.

> Latency vs. throughput
I'm assuming you've never taken a computer engineering course.
It's a tradeoff and who the fuck is talking about Vega? Lets talk about it then.
Vega-64 : $500
Memory Size 8192 MB HBM2
Memory Bus Width 2048-bit
Memory Bandwidth 483.84 GB/s
Computing Power (FP32)12.6 TFLOPS
Half Precision (FP16) : 25.2 TFLOPS

Titan XP : $1200
12GB GDDR5x (50% MORE MEMORY THUS MORE THROUGHPUT AS ITS MULTIPLIED PER STACK YOU DUMB Nigger)
Memory Bandwidth 547 GB/s
12 TFLOPs

Where's the spank nigger? It's called memory latency vs throughput.
> gddr > hbm, atleast for now.
Top kek

Vega (16GB HBM2)
26.2/13.1
TFLOPS
FP16 / FP32 PERFORMANCE
HBC
2048-bit
MEMORY INTERFACE
-----

Nvidia didn't even have the decency to put 16GB in their Titan V that they're charging $3,000 for. Everyone in the industry knows GDDR6 is the last iteration of GDDR because it is hitting the point of power utilization and latency that are unsustainable compared to performance.

A consumer vega card that costs half as much as titan XP has better performance. The only redeeming factor of Titan V is meme tensor cores that are likely to be obsoleted before they even gain traction ... all for $3,000 meme bucks with cut down memory capacity. Being such a nigger that you cut 4GB of HBM2 out of your $3,000 card that your competitor sold for $750.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=RX Vega&page=1&bop=And&order=BESTMATCH

>$1499
>More expensive than Titan XP with worse performance

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

in games, Vega isn't bound by it's memory or shader capabilities, it's all fuckups on the raster side.

>compute

Pooga can't even compete in compute

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

> newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073
From $749 to $949 due to mining niggers
> $949 up from $749
> Less expensive, better performance and has 26.2 TFLOPS of FP16 which the Nvidia niggers gimped on all consumer cards .. Titan XP has *drumroll 0.190 Teraflops of FP16
Meme tensor cores are nothing more than cut down FP16.
> Nvidia niggers : You're good enough to pay meme prices for a faux pro card but not good enough for FP16

Getting BLOWN THE FUCK OUT IN YOUR 2nd REPLY THIS FUCKIN HARD

>a rendering bench that uses the raster pipeline
k

0/3 .. about to get blown the fuck out again.
> Posting some bullshit canned OPENCL test vs what people really use this for in academic settings :
forums.khronos.org/showthread.php/8529-OpenCL-benchmark
Vega Linux:
[Half Precision ] Time: 0.020113s, 27333.33 GFLOP/s
[Single Precision ] Time: 0.040722s, 13500.05 GFLOP/s
[Double precision ] Time: 0.630167s, 872.40 GFLOP/s

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT.. Titan XP Blown the fuck out.
Post another dumbass reply.. You're headed towards 0/4.

No one uses these cards for consumer bullshit benchmarks.

LOL, he's this fucking retarded user.

He got blown the fuck out in every single one of his replies... He tried to shill that hard and got BTFO

Remember when you faggots were bitching and laughing about how amd cards are expensive? Well, now they're forced to buy nvidia cards to mine with cause of all the shortage. And since miners are now snagging more nvidia cards, price has gone up.

>retards like this are allowed to live
Sterilize yourselbes and remove yourselves from the gene pool. You autists are wasting our oxygen.

Titan V has the highest performance, you AYYMDPOORFAGS got UTTERLY DESTROYED in compute

Stay mad, AYYMDPOORFAGS with your shitty Pooga garbage

> Chaos user.. Pure chaos

Vega shits on titan V in mining. Kys.

> $3,000
> Performance

Lets see what 'performance' $1,200 GTX 1080s get you in meme-volta form...

I know you've heard it a thousand times by now, but srsly please go away favela monkey.

Pooga garbage is 1/16 FP64

Volta is 1/2 FP64

You dumb AYYMDPOORFAGS is nothing but eating dust in FP64 benchmarks

According to rumour Nvidia started stockpiling 1100 series.

Part of the reason for purchasing Nvidia cards has actually been the lower power draw. If you overclock the memory a lot, their hash rate isn't too much lower than AMD cards and they consume dam near half the power.

even the fiat paper bucks is only backed up by trust

Is it true that they banned one of their cards from being used for ai?

Pretty soon they'll be able to use cards to make bitcoins to buy cards with to make bitcoins with..
to buy
ahahahahahaha

people are goijng to relize fake is fake

Stop hoarding merchandise to drive the prices up, Schlomo.

Yeah there was a "No consumer cards in datacenters" thing I think.

>opencl
>on a fucking nvidia card

>Selling shitty cards that are years old expecting to get rich
None of those cards are very good for mining.

how about not being a faggot

Except for mining. For some idiotic reason you can still put GeForce cards in the cloud for mining.