I've heard recently that Colombia is doing better than ever and things are steadily improving

I've heard recently that Colombia is doing better than ever and things are steadily improving

Is this true? How's it going there? I thought it was still basically a drug fucked std ridden whore

They legalized terrorism and drug trafficking.

Their homicide rates are dropping and they are electing right wing so things are heading in the right direction.

The FARC war looks to be ending.

Pretty good actually, a lot of people complain about the peace deal but it's actually a big improvement

We've ALWAYS been right wing...

we've being doing much better, FARC was taking entire cities in 98 in the middle of the jungle.

right now FARC already sign the peace deals and there will be something like a referendum in october or something, so the war with FARC will finally end.

ELN will soon also join another peace process and therefore colombia will be a peacefull country outside common criminal gangs and average narco shit.

>implying the left here has more than 30% historical popularity
good luck gaining the presidency when 98% of the country hate FARC.

>>electing right wing so things are heading in the right direction.

What do you care, retard? : dunno:

>I thought it was still basically a drug fucked std ridden whore

You weren't wrong

t. been there

He said "right wing" idiot.

Santos is center, tho'. Fairly leftist on many things.

>center
>neoliberal
he would be extreme right wing in USA or europe.

our center is literally nazi tier in europe.

>Propaganda
Now I know where my taxes have being going to, and that it's been a success.

Colombia is much less free market than any Western European country.

And nazism has nothing to do with neoliberalusm you retard

and western europe is literally SJW the country.

our center is basically what americans and europeans call right wing.

It seems that all that "colombia es realismo magico" (colombia is magic realism" bullshi devised by the government to target foreigners bore its fruits

You guys never get bullied for violence and you have a much higher murder rate than us

New Narcos season came out so I remembered Colombia exists

Last year there was a lot of threads about your country when that show came out

Anyway what do you Colombians think of that show?

t. Cucks

Literally voting for communist drug dealers to be on the senate.

¿estamos hablando de economía o de política/sociedad, señor simio?

Políticamente Colombia es uno de los países más izquierdistas del mundo con eutanasia, adopción y matrimonio guei, leyes blandas respecto al uso de dtogas, etc.

Económicamente tiene un sistema mixto, con altas tasas impositivas para las empresas, un sistema arancelario muy complejo, bastante proteccionismo en ciertas industrias.

En términos de programas sociales y subsidios tenemos muchos más que, por ejemplo, Perú.

I like it but i really, really hate that they didn't use colombian actors, Escobar accent is so annoying and his wife doesn't even try to sound paisa

good luck gaining votes after you did decades of mass killings and terrorism.

nombrame un gobierno de izquierda colombiano pls para informarme.

>matrimonio gey, adopcion eutanasia
estar a la altura de la civilizacion es ser de izquierda?

colombia the one and only ally of the latin america for south korea love colombia and colombians

>bastante proteccionismo en ciertas industrias.

cuales?

Ni la cebada de bavaria se produce aca.

Dije que era de centro, retra.

Gobiernos de centroizquierda hubo varios. Samper, los López, etc.

Casi ningún país ha legalizado la eutanasia o la adopción por gueis. Eso es todo lo contrario a lo que, en tu jerga de retardado, llamas "nazi".

I wish they keep this up, so they stop exporting their criminals here

>estar a la altura de la civilización

Qué bobo hp

Proteccionismo, monopolios, carteles como el del azúcar o el del papel higiénico, trato preferencial a cieryos gremios a través de subsidios, aranceles...

La cebada solo se cultiva en unos pocos países que desarrollaron una agroindustria avanzada para eso. En Colombia no hay condiciones climatológicas, de tierras, etc.

Because we're not next by a certain country and are flocking it with millions of our own kind at the same time.

But the places we are entering en masse already notice us for such things and hate us at the same time

The accents are laughable and it looks more like your stereotypical american action movie than a show strictly based on real life events.

Don't count on that

They will keep on going there if they find your country more profitable than this shithole.

If you want them to stop arriving in there, then stop trying to become developed

Monopolios no es lo mismo que proteccionismo. Es cierto que algunos gremios tienen el gobierno de las huevas y hacen todo segun les convenga como los del azucar que son los duenhos del pais.

La cebada fue solo un ejemplo, aca se producia hasta la apertura por alla en los 80 creo. Eso solo le sirvio a Bavaria que es un monopolio el hp en colombia, pero los productores de cebada se arruinaron. El proteccionismo en colombia es una mentira, ni lentejas nacionales se consiguen.

It is improving but there is still a long way to be run

Los monopolios son el máximo ejemplo de proteccionismo, amigo simio.

No sé en el caso de la lenteja, pero en el caso de muchos otros alimentos, en un 90-95% se producen acá. Ciertos productos se dan mejor en ciertos países y/o estos han desarrollado alta productividad para producirlos. ¿No querrás que los finlandeses produzcan su propio café, ¿o sí?

No me digas simio.

>Los monopolios son el máximo ejemplo de proteccionismo

No. son cosas distintas. Un caso cercano en electronica; algunas ideas de productos sencillos (nada de cohetes espaciales) ni las podemos llevar a cabo por que algun chino ya tiene el monopolio y produce las cosas a tan bajo costo que es imposible. Entonces el libre mercado alimenta ese monopolio, y no el proteccionismo.

>Ciertos productos se dan mejor en ciertos países y/o estos han desarrollado alta productividad para producirlos.

Cierto, los finlandeses no pueden producir cafe , azucar , bananos , aguacates etc. Y por supuesto no quiero tomar vino carinhoso, que dejen entrar todo el vino chileno o argentino o de donde sea bueno.

Pero nosotros si podemos producir cebada, lentejas, electronica elemental, manofacturas etc. En esos casos es donde digo el proteccionismo deberia servirnos. Ayudar a que nuestra tecnologia/industria se desarrolle, o seguiremos dependiendo de otros por siempre jamas.

What do ColombiANOs think of this book?

Ever since I've read it I've wanted to visit a comfy Colombian town on the Caribbean coast. Does it accurately portray the culture/ history?