Is pic related still good in current year, Sup Forums?

is pic related still good in current year, Sup Forums?

get the iPad Air 2 or the 10.5" Pro desu desu

Too poorfag for anything but the air 1

10.5 for handwriting notes and PDF annotating is god-tier

I got the 12.9" but my friend has the 10.5 and I'm jealous of those bezels desu

my ipad air 1 watches HD youtube/movies/shitpost has a high res screen what more would anyone want. Upgrading seems purely like a meme

What is the reason to buy this over the iPad 2017?

Cost, probably.

Isn't the regular iPad a poorfag model

Get a lenovo tab 10 4 instead for like $150 and gtfo

Air 1? Hell yeah. I have iOS 11 running on mine and it's great.

If you can get an Air 2 though. 2GB of RAM will make all the difference when it comes to compatibility with future versions of iOS (since many of their current devices including iPhone 8 has 2GB of RAM). If you're buying used, you can probably find a used Air 2 for around $150-220.

all i know is 1st and 2gen ipad are all rotting away in someones cupboard... useless trash in current year

while im here do soypads still have headphone jacks ?

The pro has the best pen latency out of any tablets, including the surface. They also have an audio jack. They definitely serve a purpose.

iPad Air? yeah. I was using one right up until last week when I scored an Air 2 for cheap.

Too bad these things constantly overheat and thermal throttle else they'd be the perfect tablets.

pic related happend to my 8 year old niece at least 20 times a day while she uses it.

I use mine daily to take notes in class, do homework, and mark up PDFs. Have never had any issue with heating, nor have I experienced any throttling. Thanks for the (you)'s, though.

No problem but you need to change wording on most of these post, it's getting pretty obvious.

Anyway I have an SP4 that I now do video editing and 3d modelling on due to how cool it stays even under heavy load. I have an R7 desktop but I haven't touched it in weeks desu.

I guarantee that you spent much more on your SP4 than I did on my iPad Pro

A9 processor minimum as they'll get at least 2.x years of software updates.

>things constantly overheat
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Yeah but that's because you're poor. Good things cost money it's always been like that.

Does your iPad "pro" have 16 GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD?

That's why I decided to just blow my bonus on a SP4. Well worth the money, no overheating problems even under load to date.

I keep a 1st gen around to play with ancient apps. My parents use a 2nd gen, but only because I manage it with a Snow Leopard Mac which is incompatible with iOS9, I really want to move them to my old 4th gen. I do notice the iPad 2 to be a bit glitchy, but the parents don't know any better.

It can get toasty ... I'll often play games long enough to drain the battery ... but the only time I've ever see this screen was when I livestreamed the BBQ grill for lols and had the genius idea at one point to shoot it from directly overhead.

Why do I need 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD in a tablet when I have that in my desktop? My iPad Pro is purely a notetaking and leisure device.

It really depends on what you want to do. iPad Pros are pretty great at taking notes, storing textbooks, and other productive shit like that. If you want to use it for just apps and internet browsing, you'll be fine with an older iPad. Don't expect it to last more than 3-4 years though.

There is no overheating problems with iPad Pros. At all.

Comparing the raw specs of two very different machines, running two very different operating systems, is pretty cringe worthy desu. Not everyone needs to bring 1TB worth of data around with them all the time.

Anyway no OP, iPads aren't worth it and never have been especially if children shelve them and decide to go read a book instead while they cool down.

If you're really that poor refurb S3s go for ~$300 and still offer more than even an iPad "pro".

It could also become your main computer, it's the way I use it. But by all means have a clutter of devices to get things done. My aunt is like that, she has a radio from WW2 and even those manual hand crank washing machines.

>There is no overheating problems with iPad Pros. At all.
Those actually have this problem more often from typical use.

>Comparing the raw specs of two very different machines, running two very different operating systems, is pretty cringe worthy desu. Not everyone needs to bring 1TB worth of data around with them all the time.
No I guess not aunt debby.

I'm not out enough to need a main computer anywhere but home. If I'm in class, I'm handwriting notes. If I'm in the lab, I'm writing in a notebook. At my university campus, I literally have a computer within 3 minutes of my reach at any given moment, and my apartment is a 10 minute walk from my lab. I have no need for a mobile supercomputer. What I do need is a nice tablet which allows me to download/store and annotate manuscripts, as well as handwrite notes. What is the most price efficient solution to that?

Reminder

refurb surface 3 then, I see no benefit getting apple overheating trash over this.

God forbid you open the camera app while it's doing this else that shit is going into lock down mode for a good 5 minutes.

Once again, have had 0 overheating issues. Meanwhile, the Apple Pencil has a better latency than the Surface Pen. The OS is a lot cleaner, and moving files is a breeze. This is my only Apple device, so don't call me a fanboy, either.

Also, first it was
>you're too poor for surface
Now it's
>apple is shit get a refurb old model surface
Which is it?

How much does apple pay you?

So you're done refuting my arguments, and are now reduced to calling me a shill? I could throw it back at you, and ask how much Microsoft is paying you... But I'm not dense enough to think that anyone who shares a different preference is somehow an agent with an ulterior motive.

I debated between the Surface and the iPad, but the iPad was the most cost effective solution for what I wanted to do. I have never regretted it, so I guess I just don't understand why any rational person would be so offended by the fact that I made this choice. Care to explain?

you probably have that apple folder on your gaming rig right next to your b folder, virgin

This yours? I've never experienced such. not even when that first buggy iOS9 update on my 3rd gen.

surface pro is a piece of shit

Because I've owned them and they fucking blow the moment you do anything more resource intensive than play music.

not an argument

Never said it was perfect but it's either that or having to deal with webm related.

my ipad pro 2nd gen has no lag ^_^

Great. Well I own one too, and have never experienced slowdown/throttling/overheating for what I do. So what's your point? Are you saying that everyone on Earth needs a Surface? Are you saying that there are people who wouldn't benefit more from an android tablet, chromebook, iPad, etc.? Don't be so obtuse.

>Have a clutter of devices to get things done
>Only have two devices to get things done

Let it be known: if your iShitbird has even slightest of lag on the keyboard then be prepared to wait 10X longer for it to fully charge.

Anything but an iPad m8, those things aren't even suitable for children. Hell you could sell me a notepad or an iPad for $300 and if those were the only technologies available I'd get the fucking notepad in a heartbeat.

bullshit i never had that

>me
>I
Okay, that makes 1 out of 7 billion people on the planet.

I think that the iPad suits ME the best, so there's another 1 person out of 7 billion with an opinion. Looks like right now the votes are split 50/50. See how you are making an ass out of yourself by assuming that your solution to your problem is somehow the solution to any of my problems?

mine is older (air) and it doesnt do that shit

You never had an iPad either. When are you going to post a pic of the box you got from ebay? This larping thread is getting boring.

uhgggghhhhhh, how do I unsubscribe from your blog?

lol recording super laggy ipad, which are most likely jail broken and filled with shit. this doest happen irl

>"I-it's a feature!!!"

>the Apple Pencil has a better latency than the Surface Pen

One millisecond better.

>moving files is a breeze.

hahahahahaha. you don't really have access to the file system. you have a cloud drive with drag and drop features enabled.

>This is my only Apple device, so don't call me a fanboy

It ain't the number of machines that makes you a fanboy, sport.

>Anyway I have an SP4 that I now do video editing and 3d modelling on due to how cool it stays even under heavy load. I have an R7 desktop but I haven't touched it in weeks desu.
You're just as guilty as I am. And by the way, if you want to talk about throttling, the SP4 uses ULV processors, so to compare it to my desktop in one of your later responses was silly. If I had the choice between using an actual desktop or a ULV processor (especially one before the 8th gen in the SP4) for the work that you're doing, I definitely wouldn't use the surface.

reddit spacing virgin

i love my apple products

I'm so jelly brainlet.

>frogposting
>uses windows

Just change stupid to rich and this picture goes from delusional to factual

lagPad was never good.

What a sad dumb man you are. I came here to laugh at everyone defending apple but you just gave me the biggest rush of feels.

What went wrong user?

>clarissa
i remember reading all those "comics"
fucked up world

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Pajeet.

Seriously you can tell me man, I'll understand. I went through oxy, smack, up/downs and everything in between while moving back and forth with ma and pa. I still remember how they'd wake up crying after OD's but still go back to doing more.

I know this may not be the place but you genuinely sound hurt and in need of at least someone to know how you hurt right now.

t. gamer

>t. iToddler

Suit yourself, I hope things get better for you. You shouldn't be afraid of reaching out though, at least you'll know who actually cares about you. I stopped talking to 80% of my family/friends when I did that. It's been 3 years and none of them have even called me once, they must be glad I'm gone and I'm happy they're gone.

For what you're likely to use a tablet for--email, media consumption, casual gaming, etc.--yes. See about a new battery, though.

Why are ipads so shit?

kys

Twas always an option for me that I considered often especially after the oxys wore down. But once I got my shit together I realized in the end nothing really matters because I'm going to fucking die like everyone else. But there's no need to rush it, our time will come regardless.