Are there any benefits to buying an Apple computer when you could build or buy a much better one for the same price?

Are there any benefits to buying an Apple computer when you could build or buy a much better one for the same price?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
pcpartpicker.com/list/vFz2KZ/by_merchant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you probably get better at deepthroating

Apple-exclusive software. Or if you love MacOS for some reason and want to own a genuine copy.
They also made a valid argument about buying Mac being the only legal way to have a PC with both Windows and MacOS available.

I personally hate MacOS, but I use a late 2017 MacBook Pro for iOS development, so there's that. At least XCode is faster than Android Studio.

Idk just for Xcode or Logic Pro X

Not fucking around with the software so it works out of the box

This question is asked too much. Do you need any of apple's exclusive software? If no, custom build. Can you make a hackintosh? If yes, custom build. Is there any benefit to owning a mac? No. Thats like asking if there is a benefit to sucking dicks.

Macbooks tell people you're professional

Why do y'all make the idea of sucking sick into some horrifying thing. Like don't you want your girlfriend to suck your dick and just have a good time. It weirds me the fuck out how often it comes up.

Because virgin losers don't understand that the way to make money and show people you aren't retarded is to FIT IN and not be an esoteric faggot and use linux.

Apple doesn't give a shit about their own computers these days, so why should you?

Usually the apple premium is overstated. Generally people will compare an Apple computer to one with a lower resolution, inferior SSD etc. pic related.

With that said, why buy apple? Apart from Mac exclusive hardware here are some reasons:
-aesthetic OS which is pleasing to use, superior in many ways, less risk of virus, better user experience hat saves you time etc
-works very well with iPhone, iPad and watch, seamlessly syncing photos and videos and letting you iMessage from the computer
-better resale value. You’re saving a lot of money when you realize how much you’ll be able to sell it for down the road

A sleek travel laptop? They are good for normies, who just want an easy to use computer that looks nice. Not really sure what's so hard to understand.

Think of it from your average middle aged middle class mom's perspective. She can:
> Go to Best Buy and spend hundreds on a plastic laptop loaded with bloatware and will be useless in 2 years
> Spend a little more, and get a Mac that is good looking, easy to use, and will run well for years

it runs MacOS and not garbage like Wangblows and complete wastes of time like Linux.

>iphone filename

Fuck off shill. Sage and report.

>918BE5A0-CAB4-4FB6-94CD-3FE82DD41CE5.png
>iToddler shill keeps getting banned so he tries making an anti-apple OP so he can "BTFO" his own OP with his shilling

Reminder to report this iToddler shill for spamming and ban evasion.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

well i mean, the people whomst dicks that are sucked aren't in a bad position

You give shit advice and are terrible at shopping. I found a better deal in just 30 seconds of shopping. Imagine if someone actually tried.

>4k not 5k most likely not 10 bit and with a trash color gamut
>2gb graphics not 4GB video RAM
>no thunderbolt
>shit knockoff form factor
>doesn't tell you the speed of the processor or number of cores
>almost the same price

Why the fuck would you ever buy this

>replying seriously to the mentally unstable itoddler

Its an easy way to show people that you're a homosexual

This.

Because building a computer is pleb shit.

I make six figures working with computers. I just want to get a complete, sturdy machine that enables me to create software systems quickly. I'll pay a premium for that because I can afford it.

>fruity chinktrash
>sturdy

This.

My Mac have lasted years. Im about to retire a 2011 MacBook Pro that still works fine, I just want a lighter laptop.

Im going to sell it on craigslist for $450.

Try doing that with a trash Toshiba or Asus you bought in 2011

>throttlebook

so? All my work is done in the CLI, any heavy computation is done on remote machines

I use it to edit documents and ssh onto linux boxes and it is very reliable for that.

Only plebs and NEET gamers need local compute

It's an Intel i7 vs shit tier i5
Double the RAM to 16 vs baby's first computer 8
More hard drive space and a dedicated SSD partition vs shitter hybrid drive
More specs are Costco website but I'm not gonna bother wasting my time proving the obvious to anyone with some common sense

You can use Mac OS on non apple hardware if you really want to see what Mac OS is about. The only benefits is that Apple computers look like fashion accessories. They are marketed as appliances instead of computers.

That screen isn’t even 4K. You’re not even trying. That is vastly inferior to the iMac.

>macshit
Opinion discarded.

>both Windows and MacOS
Why would you want either of those.

>macshit

Can you read? It says 4K in the headline in big bold letters you fag

Both have exclusive software.

MacOS is unix without the hassle of linux. Its a great box for people program for or work on linux boxes for a living.

Windows on the other hand...

>Windows on the other hand...
...is the most versatile developer platform currently.

>hassle of linux
What hassle?

HAHAHA

Just a short list of things off the top of my head:
installing it (not a huge deal but takes some time), dealing with drivers that aren't installed/don't exist, poor power management on laptops, funky font rendering in browsers

MacOS also has many other features that make it very nice for personal computing: like integration with iOS, cloud syncing, and iMessage on the desktop. All of those things and more save me a lot of time.

Don't get my wrong, I love linux. I program for it and use it all the time at work but I'd rather be doing that work from a Mac

>I'm autistic: the post.

Yeah sure you can use the trash fire that is WSL or run linux in a VM while still being able to develop for the Microsoft stack.

This doesn't mean that it is easy or convenient to setup and maintain.

Plus, the thought of working with the windows stack just disgusts me. Also there are fewer jobs for it and they pay less

>linux
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>This doesn't mean that it is easy or convenient to setup and maintain.
It's extremely easy, though.
>"the trash fire that is WSL"
>I have no idea what am I talking about

Other than build quality, not much desu.

Seriously iToddler, you have a mental illness. Seek professional help.

The benefit is that you don't have to build it yourself, which is cheaper only if your time is worthless.

At this point, mods should just add a word filter to instaban posts containing Apple and Apple product names, or auto move them to /lgbt/.

I haven't operated a Mac since 10.5 Leopard.

What major features have been introduced to OS X since then? I'm genuinely curious. As far as I know, Mac has been the same since then.

>This doesn't mean that it is easy or convenient to setup and maintain.
>It's extremely easy, though.
>"the trash fire that is WSL"
>I have no idea what am I talking about

I don't know if you've ever tried to setup and develop for a linux web app that uses Redis, Postgres, Nginx, and Passenger using the Windows linux subsystem but its a nightmare.

I watched my friend attempt this on his surface pro when he came on to our side project. He spent all day trying to just get the damn app to run with no luck. Even tried setting up a linux VM, which he got partially working but it took a long time to setup and then he had to deal with network bridging to get other people on our LAN to connect to it.

The next weekend he came to the code session with a new mabook pro and setup the app in 10 minutes.

>>I have no idea what am I talking about
yeah you really don't know what you are talking about

Facebook and Twitter integration into Finder. Not even joking.

lol /thread

The trackpads on anything else are inferior. Cursor drift is a major deal breaker for TrackPoint, sadly, otherwise it would be great

Its pretty much the same but with small incremental changes that really add up.

iCloud is better, iOS integration is a thing, Multiple desktops are better, multi monitor support is better, multitouch is better, battery management is better, memory management is better

there are probably a few more that I can't think of right now

Advertising your homosexuality.

Why is this itoddler so desperate?

le epic maymay my dude you really told those iToddlers of with your sick burn

He's a paid shill. He keeps making these threads because 12 year old retards keep replying seriously to him so he can copy and paste his canned shill replies.

hahahhahahahahaahah so good

>918BE5A0-CAB4-4FB6-94CD-3FE82DD41CE5.png
Fuck off itoddler.

/thread

wow man, don't be such a savage, you maverick

I like the screen on my macbook pro a lot but if I had to buy a laptop again I would get a thinkpad, even with a worse screen.

>I don't know if you've ever tried to setup and develop for a linux web app that uses Redis, Postgres, Nginx, and Passenger using the Windows linux subsystem but its a nightmare.
Coincidently, no. But I used to set up the local environment for Rails/MySQL/Cassandra web service and everything worked like a charm. Better than on MacBooks in the very same project.
>I watched my friend attempt
Yeah, sure. You both were retarded enough to be incapable of setting up a Linux-based environment and that's somehow the fault of the OS.
>he had to deal with network bridging
So, the most basic stuff that every single VM provider solves in a matter of seconds was something you had "to deal" with. Alright, user.
>yeah you
Good response, user!

>But I used to set up the local environment for Rails/MySQL/Cassandra web service
in WLS or a VM?
>Better than on MacBooks in the very same project
How so? Sounds like you had to do more work
>the most basic stuff that every single VM provider solves in a matter of seconds was something you had "to deal" with
yeah actually it is something that has to be dealt with, even if its just checking a few boxes. You are behind a layer of abstraction which you have to think about when you could just bind to passthrough and ifconfig your ip on your unix-based PC without have to think twice.
>You both were retarded enough to be incapable of setting up a Linux-based environment
No, I just don't want to waste my time doing this on Windows when macOS or Linux requires no setup

>in WLS or a VM?
That particular project used WSL for Rails and Ruby via RVM, as well as for MySQL server.
Cassandra and MySQL client were running on Windows itself.
But I worked on several projects where we were using CentOS VM while setting it up via Vagrant, including the current one. I could've transferred the environment to WSL to make everything much better but currently, I don't work with the server-side and even then it's a huge-ass project that uses Apache and a lot of version-specific niche PHP shit and I don't really know PHP. Transferring it to CentOS7 from 6 was a huge pain in the ass, transferring it to essentially Ubuntu will be even worse. I'll probably do it anyway when I start working with the server-side, though.
>How so? Sounds like you had to do more work
Why does it sound so? Setting up Rails in Linux environment is easier than doing so in MacOS. There are also fewer problems with gem dependencies and such. WSL provides everything you need to setup Rails and for it to work perfectly. It's not like you set up the environment on MacOS by doing a couple of clicks. You'll still be sitting in the terminal just typing slightly different commands.
>yeah actually it is something that has to be dealt with
Sure, but if you're using Linux VM as a local server (which is the reason you're using it most of the time) - that's expected.
WSL naturally integrates into the Windows itself so this problem becomes non-existent.
>No, I just don't want to waste my time doing this on Windows when macOS or Linux requires no setup
As stated above, the setup process is extremely similar. In particular, setup for WSL is essentially a setup for Ubuntu.
No offense, but perhaps you just don't understand what WSL really is. I've started using it when it was essentially in a huge-ass beta state and was actually lacking some major features (hence Cassandra was running on Windows itself), but even then it was able to provide everything required for server-side web dev.

>That particular project used WSL for Rails and Ruby via RVM, as well as for MySQL server.
Sounds kinda jank to me. Im not saying its impossible to setup or anything, its just more of a pain in the ass, especially when your stack gets larger than just three tools, which several of don't run well on the WSL.
>Transferring it to CentOS7 from 6 was a huge pain in the ass, transferring it to essentially Ubuntu will be even worse. I'll probably do it anyway when I start working with the server-side, though.
This just scenario really doesn't sell me on the WLS or running a VM windows? Wouldn't it just be easier to just setup a linux box instead of porting it to some pseudo version of ubuntu? Are you dependent on windows software like IDEs or text editors that really aid your productivity? I just seems like using linux would make this a lot easier
>Setting up Rails in Linux environment is easier than doing so in MacOS
Ehh its pretty much the same desu. I just use chruby and ruby-install for local development which combined are very similar to pyenv. It compartmentalizes each ruby installation and manages gems pretty well.
>Sure, but if you're using Linux VM as a local server (which is the reason you're using it most of the time)
What if you aren't using is as a local server? What if you want external computers on your LAN to connect to it for testing purposes? Things get much more complex than just checking a few boxes, you then have to assign your public interface multiple IPs and forward the connections over your network bridge to your VM. This is the problem my friend ran into when he was trying to setup our app.
>No offense, but perhaps you just don't understand what WSL really is
I have a pretty good understanding of WSL, and I assume it is much better than when I used it a little over a year ago. To me, it just seems like a watered-down, unreliable pseudo linux. If you need to use linux or run linux binaries, why not just use linux?

cont.

but like I was saying at the beginning of the conversation, I agree with you, windows is the most versatile development platform. You can write software for the two largest desktop/server platforms (windows, linux), though the linux dev side jank imo.

I do not write software for windows or play games so windows serves me no purpose other than getting in my way (and sending my information to Microsoft)

ctrl+a and ctrl+e are home and end everywhere without fucking with anything else

Not kidding. I miss that.

>vim babies will not understand this post

what the fuck is this, you are shit at shopping and use overpriced components

Apple imac 27" 5k
4.2GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
64GB 2400MHz DDR4
2TB SSD
Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Keyboard - US English
$5299.00
vs:
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/vFz2KZ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design - Celsius S36
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2400
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB M.2-2280
Video Card: AMD - Vega Frontier Edition 16GB F.E.
Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 1200W 80+ Platinum
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Keyboard: Cooler Master - MasterKeys S (MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech - G502
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Total: $3749.56 leaving the higher end custom system with $1549.44 for a monitor.

The imac for $5,299.00 has lower end hardware, and will throttle while the custom system can overclock. So it seems like macs being overpriced isn't really over exaggerated. If I wanted to I could spend time choosing better priced parts (or even go with amd for cpu) for the custom built system, and bring the price down even lower.

There is no benefit.

People buy this stuff because that makes them "Elite". Such kings of life, barons of rich.

They stay at starbucks and drink "Ultimate soy latte machiatto deluxe" bought with their parents money and writ on their IOverpriced how awesome they are and how people not using apple are poorfags, if they could they will suck their own dicks/lick their own pussies and inhale their farts just from their assholes.

>more of a pain in the ass
It literally isn't. Setting up Ruby and Rails via RVM is like 3 commands - the same as on Ubuntu. Setting up MySQL is two commands. Setting up Cassandra on Windows is pretty much limited to launching the installer.
>Wouldn't it just be easier to just setup a linux box?
Setting up WSL is entirely the same process as setting up Ubuntu but you get to skip the parts Windows had already taken care of (as in all hardware), so essentially setting up WSL is easier than setting up a Linux PC. And you still need a separate PC for that. Also, I'm yet to see a GUI environment as optimized for working efficiency as Windows is.
>Ehh its pretty much the same desu.
Sure, because you can just go with RVM and I have no idea why are you using anything else. However, from my experience, MacOS encounters considerably more issues during the gem setup stage - which should be the only stage when you ever encounter any issues while setting up rails - due to having a bunch of ambiguously broken dependencies on their platform.
>What if you want external computers on your LAN to connect to it for testing purposes?
Sure, that's a more complex situation, but it's universally so. Linux and Mac don't have an exclusive magical solution for setting up a 100% integrated-no-VM-involved-mocking-network (but you can just write a bunch of unit tests, though). You either don't run the server locally or if you like wasting time - you just set up a bunch of VMs and bridge your server to their LAN. The behavior here is 100% identical for Windows (meaning WSL too), MacOS, and any Unix distro.
>I have a pretty good understanding of WSL
I have my doubts user. You keep talking about it like it's some sort of a half-assed Ubuntu VM, while it has literally nothing in common with VMs and it's indistinguishable from no-GUI Ubuntu 99% of the time.

But I'm glad you understand the point I'm making, even if you don't necessarily agree with my arguments.

You need to use a Samsung Pro 960 to match the iMacs SSS. Combined with a 5k display and the PC is more expensive.

>You need to use a Samsung Pro 960 to match the iMacs SSS. Combined with a 5k display and the PC is more expensive.
Is this bait?
>samsung pro 960
add the difference then.
>Combined with a 5k display
UP2715k is a superior display to what ever 5k junk apple uses, and it cost $1200 brand new at bhp, so the custom built pc that has more cpu cores/threads, a professional gpu, and overall higher end hardware costs less than the imac.

The custom built system has higher end hardware in it, and it costs about the same as the imac with comparatively trash components (locked 4 core i7, amd 580, 8bit monitor)

>It literally isn't
In my experience it wasn't as smooth as you advertised, though the app I was working with had more moving parts. But if it works for you, it works for you.

>Linux and Mac don't have an exclusive magical solution for setting up a 100% integrated-no-VM-involved-mocking-network

This is not what I am arguing. I am saying that you don't even need to use a VM to run the app, you can just run it natively. However, this can get messy later on in a project and especially when you are working on multiple apps at the same time. However, it is extremely convenient when you are working on an app that nobody has built dev tools (like a vagrant box) for yet and you just want to get it running quickly. Also linux (but not really macOS) have tools that make automating this process of giving a VM a public IP on your network much pretty simple but that doesn't really pertain to this conversation.

> have my doubts user. You keep talking about it like it's some sort of a half-assed Ubuntu VM

I must defend my pride on this. WSL is a direct system call translation layer that translates linux system calls to .NT system calls run by windows as the linux binary is executing. It is not a VM, it is not an emulator. You can run linux binaries on it via bash that is also running on the WSL. I have used it before, I know several people who use it. I read about it on Hacker News the day it was announced. Im not some retard okay? okay.

Anyways, it has been a good chat user. I still disagree with you on a lot of things but I don't think you are a NEET retard, which is very rare on this board, so I respect you even though I disagree with your choice of software.

I am going to bed now, sweet dreams user, I wish you the best

y-you too, user

Answered your own question faggio

You save 1.5k or so on the iMac by picking 8 gb of ram and installing it yourself.

iMac - better value.

>You need to use a Samsung Pro 960 to match the iMacs SSS.
You do realize that the imac has a locked 4 core, an rx580, and 8-bit display vs. the custom unlocked 6 core, vega f.e., and still has enough left over for a better monitor to stay under the price of the imav (and can be overclocked+ upgraded?

@64380448
Weak bait, and it doesn't deserve a "you".

Bullshit, even if there is some iToddler idiot spamming Sup Forums, it is in no way a stupid thing to discuss Apple stuff here.
You are just an idiot hating on Apple. So why should that not be allowed to discuss Apple computers or other devices from that brand?
Because they are more expensive? Then people should not be allowed to discuss premium brands because muuuuhhh Dacia is cheaper and Toyota has a small engine/high power GTR something version for a fraction of the price.

I have myself an iMac 27 inch late 2013 and i am satisfied with it. Runs stable, runs silent, has a very good screen (2560 X 1440), like the full size wired keyboard and is running strong since i bought it new in a sale out for a special price in april 2015.
I can use a multiple desktops by just shifting betwen them with the "ctrl" plus left and right arrow keys, without even the need to buy additional monitors. And all of that is flawlessly working with ALL programs i have installed.
Windows7 Ultimate 64bit runs via Bootcamp without any problems since i installed it on the iMac one week after i purchased it.
So tell me in which way Apple iMacs are shit or faggot tier?

If you want to avoind buying an Apple but want to use OS X, you have to buy special hardware, flash some firmwares, hassle with drivers, sometimes some services then won't work and shit like that.
Sure, if you are a lame idiot living on welfare in your mothers basement, you are able to burn shit tons of hours on solving such problems, but people who actually work 10 to 12 hours a day, don't want to fuck around with shit like this but want to actually use the computer for entertainment or whatever people are doing.

I also really can't understand the Linux retards who spend weeks on installing it on their laptops and rape forums and shit for missing drivers and how to get shit work on them.
Shit tier graphics drivers, horrible text rendering on websites displayed, lack of software in many aspects and the list continues.

as if you could build a better... wait, what computer are you even talking about? They mostly sell macbook pros. The iMac is an all-in-one thing. Fuck you even talking about.

I don't know why macfags care about screen quality so much and think that it's a valid argument on this board. Obviously we on Sup Forums don't give a shit about quality screens. If we did we wouldn't have so many autists buying Thinkpads.

Fucking this, I'm using an X220 for like 4 fucking simple tasks and the cursor drift has fucked me up a few times where I would have loved not to have accidentally clicked on something different because upon releasing the fucking trackpoint it went down or up or sideways.

I still like some laptops better than macbooks, but I haven't found one single touchpad/trackpad better than that on most recent macbooks or even the Magic Trackpad 1st gen.

I'm using T460s and late 2017 MacBook Pro and I have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

The thing is, "building a better one" requires time and labor cost, or the opportunity cost, which most people don't factor in. Building your own computer is cheaper, if you consider your time to be worthless.
>pre-select each individual part
>wait for each individual part to arrive in the mail
>install each component and assemble the computer
>install an operating system
>If using Windows: "We're getting things ready for you..." *spinning circle*
>Install drivers
>Troubleshoot any issues

vs.

>buy mac
>open box
>plug mac into power outlet
>just werks

It depends on what's more important to you. Would you rather build your own system to use Windows or Linux? Or is your time more valuable than that? It's a matter of preference.

I have to say though, when people talk about Apple products "just working," they really mean it. I was gifted an iMac recently, and it was the first time I ever got a computer where I opened the box and was in Chrome shitposting five minutes later. No drivers to install, no "Getting things ready for you..." None of that.

Then why do you even respond to me?

Because you're fangasming over MacBook's trackpad which is nothing special. Modern laptops have pretty much equal trackpads.

Convenience really. Hackintoshing is a pain in the ass and there's no way to have any sort of reliability with updates. Even minor updates can fuck your system and force you to reinstall. There really are no good reasons to get a Mac unless you like OS X and you want to get the latest Mac OS X version easily with a smooth installation process.

I personally own a 2011 MacBook Pro and it's not that great. The keyboard is shit and it throttles like crazy. I prefer ThinkPads, or even the old PowerBooks and iBooks. Apple x86 stuff is pretty much trash, with the exception of maybe the old Mac Pro machines that weren't the trash cans yet.

You're comparing a T460s trackpad with the one on the 2017 MacBook Pro. It seems that you're right, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

I'm*

This far and no one has answered:

It just works

>It just works
So does everything else.

No. Because Macs are for work, and PCs for gaming.

Because you like sucking dick?

>try to make custom PC on par with Mac Pro
>GPU and RAM alone cost more than an entire Mac Pro
How did we get to this point?

>posting common sense and conventional wisdom here
>opportunity cost
This guy doesn't belong here!

A mac is a pc. It's just a name for a pc that comes from a specific brand. You can even install Windows on it, and upgrade hardware, depending on the model.

The Apple logo
Status