Daily reminder dozens of websites have now bitcoin mining scripts that consume CPU

Daily reminder dozens of websites have now bitcoin mining scripts that consume CPU
I visited a website yesterday and my CPU went 45% I had to manually add to the ublock filter
daily reminder we need a browser without JS or at least with java script execution outside the enviroment
We need a web free of Javascript
Javascript is the most jewish piece of code ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.opera.com/desktop/2018/01/opera-50-introduces-anti-bitcoin-mining-tool/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My i7 6700k feels slower than the i5 2500k which I had a long time ago.

fuck this fucking useless company

>he doesnt block scripts by default
You newfags are good entertainment

if you disable scripts the internet ceases to work

Only the part of it you don't need, ever.

block javascript

>internet needs JS
lol

NetSurf doesn't have this problem

You only allow whats needed you tard

What's the best script blocker !!!!!
For explorer

>I visited a website yesterday and my CPU went 45% I had to manually add to the ublock filter
blogs.opera.com/desktop/2018/01/opera-50-introduces-anti-bitcoin-mining-tool/

Reminder that Opera is still the best browser out there.

Built in ad blocking, built in VPN, blocks mining and other shit.

>using chinkware

literally nothing works without scripts except your favorite hacker sites fuck off

most people are not autistic enough to manually enable scripts on every page they visit. I know what you umatrix fags are doing, it's insanely autistic

just get nocoin u plebs

>Norway
>Chinkware
wat

>spend 15 minutes cherrypicking every script for every site you want to run and refreshing the page in hope it doesn't break everything

What's dis desuSenpaiTrapQueen!?!?!

why when ublock origin exists

Are you allowing all the scripts on Sup Forums?

yes

The the devs and their HQ is still in Norway but the company itself is owned by chinks now.

Lol
Takes me 20 sec max on a page then i save the settings
Sucks to be a tard

No problem here.

>open a page
>doesn't work
>enable scripts one by one until you find a combination that works
>open a different page
>doesn't work
>open another page
>doesn't work

do you fucks seriously do this all the time? this is normal to you?

How do you use your 1TB of data cap in a month? I don't know how much data I've used, but I don't do anything but shitpost and watch videos or listen to music with Apple Music.

I set up my most visited sites in 5 min. I havent needed to allow anything since. Now pages load faster, i have peace of mind that nothing malicious will run, and it saves bandwidth for people who care.
Nice try though. This is a technology board so dont be surprised when there are competent people.

>Using Awesome with title bars
That isn't how you use a tiling window manager.

if you visit no more than 5 sites, sure. But yeah this has nothing to do with "technological competence", it's just your autism and/or OCD

It a lot more than 5. I just understand networking more than you apparently so it takes seconds.

Ublock origin vs adblocker for explorer
>I'm retarded clinically

built in botnet

I know, I suck, but I haven't been able to find any help. Could you share your rc.lua with me pls?

Opera is owned by chinks, the original devs quit to make Vivaldi.

well when miners came out origin didn't had the lists updated and people didn't knew what to block, so yeah.

There are also ""some"" people who maybe wanna watch ads

ubo lets you block individual scripts. A list wasnt needed to block it.

Or spend 40 years building an AI that does it, and become rich and famous in the process. Funny how you scrubs always think so small.

wtf is wrong with your WM

>82.8 C

Who the fuck allows JS to run by default these days?

That's practically suicide.

My browser has umatrix and doesn't have this problem

you can allow first party scripts if you are too retarded to know what you have to allow for things to work

>Blocks everyone elses miner, installs it's own.

It hadn't really been configured much yet. It's a lot better now. I'll post a new pic in a bit.

Javascript was a mistake

Improved it a little

Not the exactly how the events took place. Vivaldi happened around the time Opera left presto to rot and the lead, a former opera dev, felt like power users could use a browser targeted to them.

>data caps

Is it even profitable to do this? Or do you need a lot of users?

I run a site that serves anime, I get ~700 unique visitors per day, would it be profitable?

Not at all. CPU mining is shitty already, and the fact that your visitors are probably not owners of supercomputers. I'd say you'll make maybe a dollar everyday, for 4 days after which you'll lose half of your visitors.

>CPU mining
Dosn't it depnd on tha coin?

Daily reminder that so does Sup Forums.
Welcome to the future.

>not using uMatrix

uMatrix, baby. Problem solved. No need to other shit.

It depends on what length you want to go to reclaim your CPU and web privacy. If you don't mind letting a site use your computer to coinmine or don't care about being tracked, then yes, disabling javascript or using a script blocker will be more trouble than its worth. That said, uMatrix took me all of maybe 15 minutes to figure out and once you get the hang of it, it's incredibly easy to manage sites in the way you want.

Majority of all the content you actually want to see will either be first-party or really close to it (The first couple of URLs before the first few at the top. Depending on the site you're visiting, you can just enable all on everything and the site functions like normal except for the content in the blocked hosts file. Vice versa, if you're not sure what to block and what to allow, majority of the content you want to allow will fall in the media or script category. The light-red just means it's being blocked but you can allow it if you choose, whereas the dark-red is blocked because of the host file (The known trackers, miners, and ad/malware sites). Just stay away from the dark-red rows and allow either the media or the script in the light-red and you're fine.

Nah gpus are always better.

>people who know their shit simply block the script
>people who don't keep the websites financially stable and won't notice anyway
it's a win-win, even better than ads

I'm running both uBlock Origin and uMatrix at the same time; is that redundant? Should I pick only one?

No. Both have features that the other doesn't, even if there's a large overlap.

This . uBlock has a narrow focus on ads whereas uMatrix has a broad focus on web requests/scripts in general. If you have only uBlock and not uMatrix, you're probably just blocking ads but still getting tracked and subject to coinminers. Vice versa, uMatrix but not uBlock is probably just blocking trackers and miners but you'll still see ads.

>I had to manually add to the ublock filter

uBlock filters – Resource abuse

What if you block scripts in ubo?

I tried so many times to use/like Opera in the past 10 years, but it never sticks.
Idk why

>coinmarketcap dot cawm

You deserve it, faggot.

I dunno, guess that would work; it's block just about everything but your website probably wouldn't work right. Then again, that's really no different than uMatrix except uMatrix allows for more fine-tune adjusting.

Use unblock origin.

Ad block whitelist ads for money.

Those settings work for me. All I need is the url to stream with mpv but I like to have thumbnails.

back when i first found ublock/umatrix, i asked the coder about this
basically if you have block all enabled, and then per site NOOP (or whatever level you want to go with each script), you are 99% doing what umatrix does. very few exceptions get through (behind the scenes kind of things if i remember right)

i dont know ????? i dont use explorer ????? i use firefox ?????

vivaldi is still shit because its not open source

only hurts those running shit amd garbage. if you run intel then no issues as intel is fast enough. fuck amd. can't wait till they finally go bankrupt.

> wants to watch ads
nigga stop, you killin me

That's not at all better, lol