Fuchsia OS

The fuckheads at Google are going to replace Android and Chrome OS with a new operating system that isn't based on Linux.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/googles-fuchsia-os-on-the-pixelbook-it-works-it-actually-works/

Not only are they going to make us unable to run the most simple Unix command line apps on our devices, they will also destroy the argument that the 90% of the worlds computers/smartphones are running the Linux kernel.

Someone should rape their fucking Pajeet CEO.

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com
youtu.be/jiGjp7JHiYs
youtu.be/vlOsy0PZZyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good.

Bad

Another kernel is good for our world

>going to make us unable to run the most simple Unix command line apps
afaik Fuchsia has unixy shell

>make us
Does anyone have the RMS quote about making companies go out of business?

Linux is a shit kernel. The only good thing about it is the GPL.

Good, fuck linux

>muh Linux
Fuck off, Linux deserves to die. Stopped the world from moving on to better operating system designs like plan9

Irrelevant. Android will live inside Touchwiz. Samsung already has it's own app for all google apps, including app center.

Name 1 better kernel

>second mouse cursor
Will it at least be in the color of the physical mouse?
>new kernel
Is it at least mico?
Formally verified?
Written in safe but performant language?
GPL?

Zircon

Will it be FLOSS?

That's all that really matters here, that's the only thing that sets the Linux kernel apart from the rest anyway.

Is this fuckery going to be FOSS? or they are going full-macfag and do a walled garden? are they so buttmad over chinks not using google services?

or they are going full-macfag and do a walled garden?
Google is already going full walled garden with how Play Store and Safetynet are currently handling the ecosystem.

>The fuckheads at Google are going to replace Android and Chrome OS with a new operating system that isn't based on Linux.
so that's why they've consistently gone out of their way to ruin android since jellybean.

Please elaborate user

Yeah but you don't have to use their garden.

t. Lineage with no gapps

Micro-kernel

>changed bluetooth stack to break billions of devices from pairing
>no new features
>accessing previous features are harder, if not removed entirely
just try any custom rom from 4.4, and compare it with anything today. the gui isn't nearly as good, let alone providing the ability to customize even half as much.

it's the small things mostly which add up.

I know. I was talking more about how it is an indicative of how Fuchsia would be

Pajeet CEOs are the source of closed-source evil.

This is interesting, me likey

>they should forever use Linux so I can feel better about being a contrarian
Kill your self.

>mico
You mean is it a microkernel? Yes.
>Formally verified
Not sure what you mean. It's no where near done at the moment.
>Written in safe but performant language?
C and C++
So not Safe.
>GPL?
MIT.

fuchsia.googlesource.com
The kernel and its main parts are under MIT-styled licenses.
Various third-party components are BSD, MIT, or Zlib.

So you'll be able to play in your own garden, but others (including Google themselves) can easily make their garden pretty closed off.
Make of that what you will.

>There's a perfectly fine open source kernel out there that works for our needs
>But there's some things we dislike about it
>Maybe we could get out programmers to spend time contributing back to make the kernel better for everyone
>Nah, lets just spend thousands of hours of dev time reinventing the wheel to further fragment the OS market and make a new OS that will inevitably die off in 20 years time

That's right... They should have based it on BSD.

> implying Fuschia will somehow make a good OS appear
Linux may not be perfect, but its the best modern OS we have. Would you seriously rather have an OS with spyware built in as the main OS? If Linux dies most people will be stuck with Windows, MacOS or Fuschia.

> kernel with spyware built in
Nice joke.

Will crash and burn desu

Thanks for answering
>verified
The seL4 had a formal proof of functional correctness, as far as I know it's the only one today. It was specially build for with that criteria in mind and still design failures could make it exploitable.
>GPL
Interesting OS but I like it when manufacturers are forced to publish their GPL infected source code, so there can be after market enhancements.
Ib4 manufacturers create better functionality because they don't have to deal with the GPL chuckhold.

>bluetooth.
Fuck, this.
I ended having to give my father an iphone because android cannot do bluetooth properly.

openbsd kernel

>Linux
>OS

> ignoring the point over what to call the OS

> ignoring the point over what to call the OS
Hey shithands, are you talking about GNU/Linux or Android or Linux?
Nobody knows because you're talking about Linux as if it were an OS.

In the context, it is obvious I was referring to GNU/Linux. If you had passed basic reading comprehension classes in primary school you would know this. Nobody refers to Android as Linux.

We're talking about removing the Linux kernel from Android, your context isn't clear at all.
Take the loss, Ramesh.

Fuschia is not android.

>GNU/Linux is Linux
>Android/Linux is Android

It is well known that most people call GNU/Linux Linux, as thats what Linus calls it.

>Linus claims credit for software that isn't his
>has the most lucrative non-profit company in the FOSS space
>refereed to a kernel as an OS in a Kernel thread
Nice appeal to authority there bucko.

>In the context, it is obvious I was referring to GNU/Linux
But Android isn't GNU/Linux, so whether the Android kernel is Linux or Fuchsia wouldn't affect GNU/Linux's market-share.

i guess you could say people in this thread are kernel panicking

Wew, the freetards are starting to feel the butthurt.

It's gonna be really lonely for linux users, once linux will be relagated to servers only again.

So im not crazy for prefferring CM11 on my N5 to the new crap? Its just so fucking good, literally just werks.

>Linus claims credit for software that isn't his

>Linux's blatant lies are proof of his lies
Nobody believes Linux is an Operating System, not even Linus.
I can't even begin to imagine how many billions of dollars have been mistakenly donated to he Linux Foundation that should have gone to the GNU project instead. Linus is nothing more than a common thief and a lair who has never shied away from allowing others to attribute the works of others to him directly.

I've been using custom ROMs since 4.1.
>the gui isn't nearly as good
Smoother animations and better theme engine. Vastly better UI icons.
>let alone providing the ability to customize even half as much
Something like AOSPE or RR has more settings than even PAC ROM.

We've known this since late 2016, user.

>chese

>that isn't based on Linux
THANK FUCKING GOD. Maybe we'll finally stop having 3-5 simultaneously running COMPETING power management mechanisms(governor, hotplug, thermal, touchboost, i/o boost, and even the program and i/o schedulers not utilizing/keeping cores awake). Audio is a clusterfuck as well.

Carlos!

Oh no, not the argument!

>take ages to fix problems
>look surprised when people turn away from your product

Neptune

seL4

>using a littlekernel fork with google branding and ads on top
yeah, that sounds great.... NOT!

Gnu shills are all the rage. Dam

>t. assblasted gnutard

Just crunched the numbers
>sloc coreutils
>sloc linux
Yeah I know gnu is not (unix) just coreutils

>t. assblasted gnigger

Implement it yourself!
What filepicker?
Not kernel related!
>Retardglassesmeme.webp
At least animal+linux is not a commodity

>>Not only are they going to make us unable to run the most simple Unix command line apps on our devices
Build them for Fuchsia, then, you fucking moron. Why do you care about open-source software so much if you don't even take advantage of it?

dang it carlos

Google is one of the top contributors to Linux.

They got more work done in two years than Linux devs have in three decades, my man.

I'm ok with that. Never liked that java favored garbage.

>footchese
fancy, but the official term is
>toe jam
captcha 2nd time today: STOP CLOSE
are you trying to tell me something, o all-seeing data overlords?

lel no drivers
runs way too hot on even the hardware it's designed for.
no apps.
laughing at all your permissive license-tards

Is it free as in freedom?

Good. Finally the POO's will stop shitting up Android. All we need now is a way to write apk's in C++ and no 2GB IDE

I swear, Google is the king of unnecessary products and changes. This is what happens when you hire based on ideology rather than merit

it's only good until some piece of shit exploits one of the hundreds of easily accessed security holes

recently had to update because of this.
i hate this gay earth.
>Smoother animations and better theme engine. Vastly better UI icons.
you're fucking retarded. the animations weren't ever an issue unless your device and rom were ass. and also they were far more easily customized, as are the UI icons. so rather irrelevant for that to be a "Feature" of one of the later updates

>PAC ROM
it's good, but KK version surely had more features, as did several other JB roms.
havne't tested aospe, too disgusted by the current state to bother with anything but stock.
P.S RR doesn't have more features/customizations than KitKat PAC did. not by a long shot.
just compare the notification panels to see what i mean.

>4.1.
stand back newfag, been here since cm7.2
you missed out on the glory days.

Minix

>The only good thing about it is its shitty license
so there's nothing good about it then

Enjoy your botnet or cuck licenses.

The eternal chink strikes again!

>le cuck license meme
Fuck off, Zhang!

None of this is an argument for why Fuchsia is a bad OS. An alternative to MS and *nix is well overdue. You should thank them for making something innovative.

>I like it when manufacturers cuck our economy

>yeah, instead let's just spend thousands of hours of dev time not making any progress whatsoever and further stagnate OS development, leaving us perpetually in the stone age of computer science using technology/concepts that have been around since the 60's. Who needs sound, reliable software architecture when we can just continue hitting two rocks together?

>muh chinese corporations are magically excepted from laws in other countries
fuck off. If they're blatantly violating copyright, they'll get sued or their products will get banned from sale in whatever country they're selling in (other than china).

>Who needs sound
ALSA is fine, sndio is fine. ALSA had issues in the past, but it works fine now.
>reliable software architecture
Linux and BSD machines are often kept up and running for years. It's hard to get more stable than that.

>It's hard to get more stable than that
No it's not:
youtu.be/jiGjp7JHiYs

Wow microkernels. A thing that hasn't appeared in anything except embedded systems.
All that matters in reality is theoretical stability, not real-world stability.

Yeah! That's why we don't have any knock off Chinese products at all in the US. Thank god amazon/ebay sure as hell aren't filled with them. Nope, just good old fashioned American IP respecting goods here!

Don't reply to Chinese gov't paid shills.

youtu.be/vlOsy0PZZyc

>theoretical stability

NT is a microkernel, and macOs uses an adaptation of mach/l4 from nextstep.
only Linux is lame and retarded enough to have a macrokernel

>knockoff products
How many of these violate the GPL?
How many of these even have copyright/trademark violations of any kind?
If a Chinese company can get away with it, then how do you know that US companies aren't also getting away with it?
Clearly the solution here is to license everything as MIT so that I can be fucked by american corporate overlords as well as chinese.

>NT is a microkernel
it's a hybrid kernel
>macOs uses an adaptation of mach/l4 from nextstep
I thought modern macos used darwin
>only Linux is lame and retarded enough to have a macrokernel
*BSD also has hybrid kernels

Who the fuck refers to Windows' kernel as "NT"?

time to boycott android products and switch too chink phones, and use stock androids and use amazon shit aswell.

Linux-libre

Everybody?

Everyone except you, it seems.

>if you license your product MIT it gets fucked my American businesses
Umm... could you be any more clueless?
The ones taking the code and not collaborating at all are the chinks.
Americans and Europeans collaborate with us a ton, both with code and money.
Maybe you should do some research and get more involved before you start talking about a subject you barely comprehend. Get your facts straight so you don't embarrass yourself, you know...