pastebin.com/Bs5kyfLZ
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/NiCfGaW7
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/e3yMyn6F
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

So some of the regulars posting in this thread have probably noticed a decrease of activity in this threads over the last months being the weekends the less active days (maybe because people that own keyboard actually use the weekends to rest their hard work). My proposal is to expand a bit the mkg theme into programming and diy with some introductory guides on how to use certain tools, it would be a bit C, 3D editing, schematics, soldering... with all of that it may attract long term posters that will ad fresh discussion and shift it to something more tech base thread than aesthetics driven one.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-6cgP5Om5hs-CFZIT0xywS7scvNmWugBNY7bWAuGSXT9W2w/viewform
modelfkeyboards.com/january-update-first-new-one-piece-keys-out-of-the-new-injection-molds/
youtube.com/watch?v=-K5rGPJ9RjY
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c-s.w4002-14986162243.61.28eef6cdCpG6eK&id=561410047755
aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-140-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-thick-PBT-plastic-keyboard-gh60-xd60-xd84-cospad/32835265683.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it feasible to desolder the switches in a Race 3 and replace them with box whites?

make a photo of the pcb and switch, probably if they have a standard cherry switch you can

Where can i get the cheapest offer for that new model f

any one used the low profile Kailh switches? any good?

I'm eyeing up the Havit with low profile blues.

the thing is, what about the keycaps?
Cherry released a new switch and if manufacturers favor them instead of khail you will end up with shit keycaps.

Are there any keycap sets that work with the tada68 yet?

True enough, but as long as the keycaps are mediocre at least I might be willing to make that sacrafice for a better typing experience.

it's the first time i try enjoypbt and can't say i'm not satisfied

nice - I have the same set getting here tomorrow going in a pok3r

>can't say i'm not satisfied
why you cant speak about it? blink 3 times if you need help

Keycaps are slippery and shiny as hell. What keycaps can I buy so this never happens again? My Model M keyboard keycaps never wore out like this.

Anything like this thread but for mice? Couldnt see anything in the catalog.

PBT caps my boy
This is nice, leopold I assume? Also those kana keys are nice. I have the beige with black but the blue and pink really pops more

Alright boys, what do we think of the new Melody96? I personally feel stupid that I bought the XD96 knowing now that this is coming out for $150.

spry them with textured paint

Forgot the groupbuy info, here's the form:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-6cgP5Om5hs-CFZIT0xywS7scvNmWugBNY7bWAuGSXT9W2w/viewform

Are these any good? Last time I saw they haven't shipped them yet.

>$150 base price
Honestly that thing looks nice. I prefer more square styles but that really appeals to me. Too bad I'm fucked money wise for the next few months or I'd jump on that. I need something new to replace my tada68.

It's open until the February 5th if you can make it by then. It's run by the same Chink that did the budget 96 group buy, and that actually went really well, better than most group buys.

Naw I'm tapped out till that tax money comes in. It's alright though I'm sure something else that catches my fancy will pop up later.

you're gonna have a good time with that set, feels nice typing on them
because i'm super excited and can't stop fingering this cutie
yes, fc660m

modelfkeyboards.com/january-update-first-new-one-piece-keys-out-of-the-new-injection-molds/

I always wanted the fc660. Does it have programmable layers?

I've been rocking some Cherry Blues for a while, but I need something new.

I love the clickiness, but I really want something with hardass resistance to it.

I feel like I'm slamming down my keys when I type and it feels awful.

TL;DR need switches that be clicky and stupid tactile

unfortunately it doesn't.
but fc660c compatible with hasu, so with some effort it can

something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=-K5rGPJ9RjY

HHKB the keyboard for God?

i think so

But, you know, actually available to purchase and not $500 for a new version

You really did just describe Kailh Box Navys like this user posted

>>>So some of the regulars posting in this thread have probably noticed a decrease of activity in this threads over the last months being

no everyone just got memed and can't afford internet anymore b/c $1000 keyboard add-ons

What keyboard should I use as a filthy atheist then

rosewill

only reddit fags spent that much money on a keyboard

So I'm gonna have to build my own

wonderful

You do understand soldering a keyboard is probably the easiest soldering project you can do besides some soldering beginner's kit for kids.

last user who bought a DIY fugged up and had to desolder them all lel

soldering a diy keyboard is easy but mastering is not. i have experience for a couple custom board and yet there're always some switch that bent weirdly. i couldn't solder as neatly as factory made one til now

I don't see why it why not. It's a standard plate-mounted keyswitch board. Just make sure you get the plate-mounted box whites or you'll have to mount directly on the PCB and you'll lose that darker aesthetic under the switches.

This
I used to post here all the time but I just don't have the cash and you kind of need to keep buying more shit to hang out here.

don't go to /wt/ then

I want to make a one-handed keyboard with cherry ml-style low-profile switches, pressed together with as little margin as possible. Anyone recall a build log that attempted to do this or similar? I want to do full width for qwertyuiop so 10 keys across in about the width of a portrait ipad

>thought the keys were hexagons
imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the image

>Brothers Logitech board is dieing
>Have him test my various switches
>Decides on my Gateron Clears
>No full sized keyboard kits without selling a kidney
What the fuck, what are my options? There used to be a kit up on aliexpress, but I cannot find it anymore

can you guys recommend me nice pbt sets other than enjoypbt?

bought the Masterkeys Pro L and it's...it feels cheap. I dunno if it's the browns or the abs caps but it's just not that fun to type on. Is there a fix for this? I feel like it might also be the key wobble.

Pretty nice design idea though

i've spilled beer all over my HHKB twice now with no ill effects.
truly is the superior meme

>Budget board with many options
yeeah

$150 is plenty for a keyboard therefore it's not 'budget' board

Well there's this KPRepublic one. Pretty fucking cheap, but it's not on AliExpress so there' no English reviews yet item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c-s.w4002-14986162243.61.28eef6cdCpG6eK&id=561410047755

how do you guys survive without the numpad?

Yes the small barebones keyboard looks sleek as fuck, but how to you do your macros or anything?

>because i'm super excited and can't stop fingering this cutie

The last time I had a numpad was over a decade ago.
Macros can be on literally any key you want.
Look into programmable keyboards with layers.

What does /mkg/ think of the yellow Razer switches?

What kinda beer, I spilled a quad on my case and almost fried my rig couple months back
Sill have a hard time drinking st bernardus

OK, so I assume you already got past the tiring "muh numbers" argument.
Macros? Use layers. I have 2 extra layers on my keyboard: One using fn, and another using Capslock which is actually the Hyper key.
And because I use software to set my keyboard shortcuts, i can make them app-specific.
So I never ran out of keys, and they can all be easily-remembered, such as Hyper+F to "Freeze frame over specified time" Final Curt Pro but "Find element's name in Dev Console" in Chrome.

Buy a separate numpad. Fullsize is an ergonomic mess now that mice are pretty much standard, so being able to reposition the numpad is the superior option.

I'm even making plans to make my own expanded numpad. Mostly have to figure out getting the plate cut and making a case. Almost picked out keycaps but they're "premium" abs and don't have secondary labels on the numbers.

this, lefty numpad is glorious

damn that's super cheap. did you ever ordered one? i definitely want one but i don't know if i can order (can't speak ching chong) it or if the seller can ship internationally

No, but some guy in my local mechanical keyboard [spoiler]Facebook[/spoiler] group did, so I should see that in a week or so.
The English-alphabet-only set is on AliExpress, and the feedbacks seem to be "printing not as sharp as ePBT but great for the price"

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-140-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-thick-PBT-plastic-keyboard-gh60-xd60-xd84-cospad/32835265683.html

For Taobao, you'll need an agent. Google that.

I like it and I want one.

I just did a tear down and clean of my KBD75, and put on these thicc caps.
The base set I got didn't come with the alternate caps lock, or the 1.5U and 1.75U keys on the lower right, but I was lucky enough to pull the correct size and colour out of a PMK grab bag

My Leopold-FC660M-with-EnjoyPBT-weeb brother!
How did you get a second 2.25 Shift btw? I asked Wei and he said there's no more extra left to give me.

But seriously, that THICC printing!

I might put these back on... Never used an SA profile before, it's very loud on the gateron greens, and the key height is feels awkward

i just bought an anne pro
can't wait for it to arrive

pls start updating the pastebins

if you take the backplate off (the screws are hidden on top by the keys) the entire keyboard is about 1/2" thick. It's now my favorite keyboard, the only other option besides the Habit Ultra Slim, is the Tesoro Gram Spectrum, which is insanely overpriced.

How can I buy a keyboard with Alps?

Buy Matias boards
Buy retro boards on eBay or r/mechmarket
Buy custom Alps boards on r/mechmarket

Oh wow they make their own switches? Must be expensive though. How do they compare to ALPS light blues?

What's a good cheap mechanical keyboard that doesn't come with a keylogger pre installed?

ok so im looking for a 105 key ISO uk layout keyboard except i need it to be shipped to the us. i want it to have cherry mx black switches, where could i find a keyboard like this that would ship to the US?

Magicforce 68
TADA68
Search for TaeKeyboards on Youtube. That guy reviews cheap mech keyboards.

Is the Ducky One a good choice for £100.
I haven't bought a keyboard in years so i'm not exactly sure whats considered a good price these days

Awh yes you guys I got the Tesoro Tizona G2N. I got it for the thumb keys which I can reprogram to alt, win, and ctrl keys. I don't care that it has Chinese imitation switches; this is my first mechanical keyboard and it is so much better than most of what I'm used to. I got it for 60 euros, how'd I do?

ducky makes great quality boards, also have pbt caps stock which feel great to type on.
t. shine 6 owner

Just bought my first mechanical and while I enjoy using it I miss the numpad and media controls I ditched.
I figured I could solve this by getting a numpad with additional programmable buttons. I've been checking out Aliexpress for something like that with not much luck. Any suggestions?

Sup Europoor here.

Going to buy a chink keyboard, has anybody bought a Redragon before? I hated that annoying Gaymen logo but finally threy switched it a more low key one.

Looking to get a 60% mechanical as my first mechanical keyboard since like 1995, probably going with pok3r

I have the same question as a previous user about numpad though
How long does this take to get used to?
I hold Fn and then some part of the keyboard will become numbers
...and i can program which keys turn into numbers?

How well do Kailh Brown feel compared to MX Browns?

if you are a fast typer with the numpad then nothing will be a replacement for it, maybe a planck with their ortholinear layout will but then the rest of the keyboard will look weird.

QMK firmware allows you to put function layers in all manners, you could hold a key or just triple tap one and lock it to that layout, just your imagination will be your limit.

bargaining
wei told me that there's no extras as well. i said i'll pay and he said he can buy me one and adjust $2 for the extra.
i'd love to try SA set on my fc660m

I know that people probably won't answer but I will ask anyways.

I'm not really on a budget but I would prefer to only spend money when I feel that it is justified.
Never had a mechanical keyboard but want to get one finally as replacing my keyboard every year gets annoying and too expensive.

I still am trying to decide wether to get mx blue or brown-like switches.
But my actual question:
>Why should I not buy a chinese 30€ keyboard with Outemu switches rather than pay 100€ for a brand one with Cherry MX?

Hope someone can give me a proper answer. It kind of seems to me like the Cherry MX are massively overrated and people seem to actually prefer some chinese clones but feel like they can't trust them because they are chinese after all.

New Chink Redragon

Doesn't look that bad,

nothing wrong with cheap shit from chainaa most switches are produced there anyway and with the same standards as European manufacturers do because basically Europeans send delegations to specify the working standards. The thing is that those 30$ are disgustingly ugly and have meme branding plastered in front of your eyes so people prefer to speed a bit more money for something that wont remember them every day on how pour they are, it may be a very simplistic answer but for most of us its not just about the switches but for the keycaps, colors, from factors, firmware, case material, detachable cable, brand reputation... once you start taking in account more factors than just the switches the prices goes up.

I'm so ready to buy and build a keyboard however i can't fucking decide on the soldering station. Will some $50 chinkshit suffice? Don't want to invest much into it.

soldering stations are basically transformers with buttons, would you buy a 25€ transformer for a high end computer multiple hard drives and graphic cards? I have done this do and they last you a year and potentially break the computer

Outemus have a huge failure rate, and random chink keyboard is probably badly soldered, meaning your cheap mech will eventually have dead keys. Anyway, its usually a very simple fix, just open it and resolder / replace switch if anything bad happens, but most people dont want to mess with that.

But, yeah, cherry is massively overrated when we talk about the fell of most of their switches. Pretty much every stock cherry switch (specially the most common red/brown/blue) has a better alternative out there, something objectively superior, the stuff you see mentioned here when anons say some x chink switch is way better than y cherry switch. The catch is that all those nice and cheap chink alternatives are usually rare options that you will never find on a stock pre-built keyboard, so you will need to build a custom or buy the switches and replace the ones that cume with your keyboard.

That's a dumb comparison. I'm not risking a lot with a shit soldering station plus i won't even use it more than a couple times probably.

fuck of its not a dumb compassion, next time specify that you wont use it more that 2 times you fucking faggot

Dunno broski, do people usually build a lot of keyboards for themselves?

So I finally decided to replace those gaymer keys on my Quickfire XT with these. Looks great and feels even better.

its a hobbie, if they have a job they usually build more than one sometimes they build custom layouts and shiet that requires a 3D printer

Thing is I could easily justify getting a pair of keycaps if I do end up buying a chink keyboard. There seem to be quite alot with a metal backplate and only a logo and some random gamername, which I could paint over easily.

How long until do you think we'll see those low profile switches being sold, and how long after will the chink version get made? I'm somewhat excited for them, because I like low travel.

fc660 boards aren't tenkeyless