Redpill me on the state of animu upscaling in the year of our lord 2018. is nnedi3 still the best there is?

redpill me on the state of animu upscaling in the year of our lord 2018. is nnedi3 still the best there is?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_optics
github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>upscaling at all

The only way upscaling is acceptable is if you are sitting so far away on a larger screen, and upscale with no interpolation at a multiple of two of the original resolution

I think if you care at all about any of this, you're watching anime for the wrong reasons, and should kill yourself like a good little normie. I've watched 480p vhs rips and been fine with it, because it's fucking anime, not a nature documentary.

I use madvr with NGU. Looks pretty good on a 4k monitor. How does that compare to nnedi3?

It makes a huge difference on older shows.

I just use the default one in mpv (spline36 I think it is), it works just fine.

I mean, to each their own, but I think a good portion of Sup Forums wants to watch their shows in the highest quality possible.

>he doesn't have bionic enhanced eyes install so he can watch anime in his head
I seriously hope to GOD you guys don't unironically do this

ewa_lanczossharp just werkz

>normie

>redpill
Go back.

mpv defaults just werk!

You wouldn't find any hidden moisture drops in the eyelashes in this.

Also this.

start with this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_optics

NGU is better trained for anime and it's encoding time is significantly faster for similar quality.

Fuck off, I like my anime to look good because I enjoy it.
This, Sup Forums doesn't stream anime because it looks like shit among other reasons.

github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master

FSRCNN looks like NGU but with more noise and muted colors.

it's like 32897543 times faster though and the results are pretty much the same unless you're examining the pixels under a microscope

Sup Forums doesn't stream because CR costs money, don't fool yourself. The vast majority of users are still watching HS anyway.

bicubic of course. everthing else create visual artefacts.

>among other reasons.

>upscaling
vapoursynth and waifu2x

The first and the last time I tried waifu2x for realtime anime upscaling I had to restart PC.

Earth doesn't need people with shitty standards

Look like shit is not one of them, since the source/HS is 1:1.
Don't fool yourself

>takes a full minute to upscale a 720p image
>thinks he can do 24 frames a second