Sup Forums, why do bad things happen to good websites?

Sup Forums, why do bad things happen to good websites?
more to the point, how do websites die?

Other urls found in this thread:

elysiumhealth.com/basis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because this life is hell
and good things only exist to make you miss them and hate the present/future moments.

Exactly, we are all grumpy men in the making.

Because capitalism. Good websites start as a labor of love, which is never profitable. Once the owner can no longer pay the bills, they sell to a bigger player, or accept venture capital in exchange for a "business partnership" with bigger players.

The latter happened to Digg. The former happened to Sup Forums.

>implying the jap is a bigger player
my sides

didn't digg have a disastrous makeover that plastered sponsored content all over their home page

Hiro had money, and owned multiple websites. Moot didn't.

Exactly. That was part of their "business partnership" with big publishers like Conde Nast. It was also what drove all their users to Reddit, which was bought by Conde Nast a few years later.

i haven't seen a single article about net neutrality one way or the other, and then i found out they're owned by Verizon

then, they constantly razz on Goop -rightfully so- but then advertise this nonsense shit elysiumhealth.com/basis like every day

Other way around nigglet

I don't even remember what digg did to piss off the userbase. All I remember was some site overhaul and then everyone went to Reddit.

I'm honestly surprised Reddit is still alive after the 2015 shitstorm.

>jap

implying hiro even fucking exists and isn't just a cover for CIA-kun

What happened in 2015?

The people in charge of them fail to keep up with the shit the userbase pulls. This is the future of Sup Forums.

digg was the website Sup Forums loved to hate before reddit though.

digg was edgy fedora central, I'm glad it dieded.

The canary died.

Wat

>2015 Shit storm

That was the one with Ellen Pao, right?

I miss digg. Used to visit every day after school. I learned a lot there. Shame it was sold.