Web scraping

Is it possible to automatically display web scraped data on a website?
For example :

Having website A with the information needed scraped, and website B displaying the data automatically.

If so, what would be the best way to put it in practice?

No, it is impossible.

Only a computer god can do that. Otherwise it is next to impossible like
points out

bump for interest

Why is it impossible?

Because if you needed to ask such a trivial question then it is likely impossible for you to implement.

>If so, what would be the best way to put it in practice?
1. Scrape data
2. Display data

Yes, but it depends how structured is the data you're scrapping

/thread

If you try to do that on the client side, you will run into a lot of CORS, so no.

You will need to set up a proxy server to request the original page, and then pipe it to the second one. But a lot of websites hate that and will deny access to all proxy servers.

So is there any better way having in consideration that the website I initially intended to scrape has a restricted API?

Bump

Yes. Depends on what you are scraping.

I remember writing a simple scraper for an accountant on an unpaid work experience week - turns out they liked the script and offered me a summer job.

create a python script to scrape the data from another page. BeautifulSoup is the library you are looking for.

Sure it's possible, I wrote a thread watcher that scrapes all images on a thread and displays it on a page, works just fine. if I'm not mistaken, I believe you can achieve the same using even nodejs.

You can ask for permission.

Or, you can run something like puppeter or another headless browser, render the website on the server, get the data you want and pipe it to the client.

looking @ filename. is that vivaldi? can u customize it with a userchrome.css equivalent or smthn? looks nice

you can do all that in js lol ez mode too

>is it possible to have a computer pull data from a source and display it somewhere else?

So every program ever created. Yes, but if you have to ask I doubt you'll be able to implement it.

BTFO
T
F
O

One possible solution is to have the scrape run as a background job using your own automated scraping tool on another server and then save the contents onto your web server weather that is raw text saved to a db or a HTML file and How you display it is up to you.

This sort of shade could block out the sun

Yeah you can inspect the whole UI and change whatever you want, even the js part of it

Something like hooktube for example?

Because regex is not powerful enough to parse HTML