en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_System_Visualizer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats not windows 98 SE

But can your OS do this?

can it do THIS?

That actually looks like shit.

goddamn do i miss the days when that shit was cool as fuck
2007 please come back

Please don't remind me of the cringe cube.

The best UI ever. Zero gimmicks, pure functionality

It looks as shit as MacOS 9, dumb nigger.
Those UIs are the best, though.

cringe cube?? youre probably pretty young, but back when compiz first came out, around the time of vista, it was the fucking shit. nowadays, thanks to boring flat UI design, it's cringe. we'd have been better off if all of that "cringe" shit became prominent instead, because now everything looks like everything else: generic.

>(m-d-y)
wow fucking helpful

Are you fucking retarded?

pure trash

is there a CDE fork for GNU/Linux?

Yes, but there is a vulnerability that still hasn’t been patched and it has been years.

Yes, there's even a distro that has it as an option in its installer, Sparkylinux.

I used Ubuntu to make a copy of my original Ubuntu desktop. I think my first Ubuntu desktop was 8.10

>pic not related
The pinnacle of UI design isn actually win 3.1, except for the window manager.

holy shit so much this, 98 was so fucking alpha

>It's a Unix system
>I know this
>uses slow 3D file manager instead of the terminal

It didn't change much for Win9x though.

Oh compiz, that brings me back.

why would you want a floating toolbar that takes up 3x the space of a standard panel without even swallowing a window list?

wtf is this monstruosity, dear waifu lover?

>The pinnacle of User Interface design
>Using Internet Explorer as file manager

Fuck off.

Brings me back. I started with 6.06 + Dell Inspiron 8500. Coolest kid on the military base.

A E S T H E T I C

damn that looks comfy. miss the old days when ubuntu wasn't a bloated pos

Didnt this get ported?

Eh, it was ok. OS X 10.2 was better
How old are you? I bet you've never even use that. The web based explorer was terrible.
Not bad but not perfect. It's cool to see this ported to BSD now. I cut my teeth on Sun OS back in the day.

cloned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_System_Visualizer

I'm 32. I found the UI of Windows 98 to be very clean and non-bloated

>OS X 10.2
>all that gloss
tell me you are joking

aqua was cool looking, the os design was still streamlined and coherent, and quartz was a huge leap forward

10.3 was better. It was in .4 when they first started pushing unnecessary features no one asked for and have been on that path ever since

IE integration was terrible. I used to use 98lite
I think 10.2 was the most pure version. 10.3 was pretty good, and the whole thing peaked at 10.4

OP here, I've not used 10.1, 10.2, 10.3. I've used 10.4, 10.5 and 10.7.

OS X is alright. It is a damn sight better than Windows 7, 8 and 10. The last version of Windows I thought was great was/is XP.

My favourite version of Windows is Windows 2000. It still is the best version of Windows but Microshit dropped all support for it.

Mac OS 9 is great for retrogaming. Far better than using DOSBOX for the PC versions of the games from the 80's to the mid 90's.

AppleWorks, Photoshop and PageMaker for OS 9 are still great pieces of software.

10.3, 10.6 and 10.11 were good, rest is garbage

so much garbage, that I switched

Does this still exist in some form? I remember doing this like 10 years ago

>I found the UI of Windows 98 to be very clean and non-bloated

So Windows 2000 is superior over ME?

*blocks your path*

what the fuck

holy shit I want that

Is it worth my effort to download and install 10.3?

Far Superior.......Windows 200 had multi processor support and NTFS.

As excepted from dumb frog poster.

Not anymore. Except when you have software that only runs on 10.3.
10.6 is worth it, it runs 32 bit and 64 bit x86 code, PPC applications, allows usage of Wine and X11 so even Linux and Windows applications run natively. 10.6 runs it all on everything.

Oh and if I remember correctly it even still ran carbon applications, so some Mac OS 9 applications also ran natively.

How can I rice Arch to look like this?

How can I rice my shit up to look like that?Unironically this too. HOW

10.6 doesn't run a lot of modern things anymore...

>Adium 1.5.10.4 requires OS X 10.7.5 or newer.

>Windows 9x family
Of course, it's hot garbage.
If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't because whatever you try will look like shit.

>because whatever you try will look like shit.
Fonts set to Tahoma help.

Most hipsters rarely get further than that. They just change the fonts, install a redmond theme and add all of the icons from a first-boot screenshot of Windows 95 (because they never actually used it) and call it a masterpiece.

The worst part is usually the task tray, they never bother to actually fix the overly modern-looking and oversized icons or at least hide ones they can't be bothered with.

please tell me what os this is

Well then, suck me.

almost, but no.

I doubt that icons can ever fixed.

Compiz still exists but is just not prominent or highly developed anymore. Kwin does the cube and other effects.

What kind of shit window manager are you using that includes proprietary components?