I am currently a CS student and I want to learn something that will make me more marketable out of college

I am currently a CS student and I want to learn something that will make me more marketable out of college.
Any suggestions?
Are neural networks and blockchain the meme of the moment or are those good additions to a CV?

Bump

Get a job and only go to exams at uni

Do open source projects.
Do internships.
Don't invest too heavily in meme technologies.
Do invest in your ability to quickly master new ones.

Are little software houses good for jobs/Internships?
All the big companies around here dont want anything to do with students

Why not?

dont list blockchain

lots of tech guys hate it because they missed a chance of being rich. it also has a skeezy scammy vibe to it.

They find them unreliable
I'm in a city made mostly by transfer(I don't know if its the right terms , people who change city just to study) students , so over time we got a bad rep I guess. The only classmates I have with jobs in "big" companies always lived here and got the job trough High School teachers

Anyplace that will give you an internship is good. You might not write any production code during your internship, but it does happen sometimes. The key is, it's experience.

Ok , Thank you!
Any solid languages that I should learn in the meantime? (Already know C, C++, Java and a bit of Python)

My advice is to get a job writing code or being a part of a team that writes code.

My uncle is the VP in charge of the APIs for a major bank and has said that what frustrates him the most with new graduates is that they don't know what a computer actually is. They live totally in the GUI illusion and don't look at computers mechanically (how they were initially designed) which leads them to make bad design decisions. For example, they want to write extremely modular and abstract object oriented code even though it suffers from serious performance problems.

where to learn more and get better? any book u rec?

>Are neural networks and blockchain the meme of the moment or are those good additions to a CV

Focus on the python. If you have time, try a few of the popular automation and testing frameworks like salt and selenium.

Will look into them , thank you!

>currently a CS student

I am so sorry.

why?

Learn C

His own autism

checked

You'll learn more at smaller companies. It's good to start with a small one and transition to a big one using the skills you gain.