Linux Distro for my ThinkPad

I just got a ThinkPad t410 with and i5 2.4 GhZ and 4gb of RAM I plan on Linux mint but what would you use.

Just got sick of Trisquel with everything outdated, I'm thinking Debian.

Have you used gentoo? If you have, just slap it on there. I compiled gentoo with a crappy AMD APU which was a whole lot worse than an i5. Didn't take long at all, just started it before bed and when I woke up it was done.

I would upgrade the RAM regardless of what distro you choose.

Thanks I've all ways wanted Debian
Only experience I have with it is Kali lol

y would u get a t410 instead of a t420

Yeah I plan to upgrade the RAM
I might look into that

The price and I don't think the keyboard is the same I like the old IBM keyboard

I hope I never have the displeasure of having to use a different operating system ever again.
This is the future of everything OP - Step up.

>complains about outdated packages
>recommends Debian

Trisquel is not even getting Meltdown fixes at this time, Debian stable is, I haven't even decide between stable and testing yet, trying stable now.

Literally the exact same keyboard. Same part number.

Install PCLinuxOS.

gay lol

i'd use ubuntu before using something like mint, but if you're feeling adventurous you might as well install arch if you're savvy enough or can read the wiki

that's an old memepad so I'd go for xubuntu or mint xfce that's pretty much the same.

Arch Linux!

Seconding Mint XFCE. Works great on my T420.

Arch Linux is my go to

What is it 9fag

I've heard of that might just make a bunch of live CD and check them out

I have a thinkpad similar to that one, might even be a t410 im not getting up to check though. It runs Debian and it is sexy.

The obvious answer is debian

install ubuntu server aka. minimal installation and then apt-get mate-desktop-core and that lightgdm greeter and themes shit DONE

>mate-desktop-core
ubuntu-mate-core actually

that other one is for centos, which also works great

Kubuntu 17.10

if you only have 4gb ram is there any point in running a 64bit os?
I hate these modern bloated binaries.

whatever you do, just don't install Ubuntu 17.10

if you're into distro shopping, maybe give Ubuntu Mate LTS, Arch, Void or Gentoo a try?

>bloated binaries
Thank glibc for that.

Puppy linux