/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Old thread is dead

>chess

wanna-be intelligent

Early for once, god bless.

Comfy as fuck dude. Could use a bigger table though.

Might be a stupid question but are those higher than 1080p monitors right?

Right one is 1440p. Left one is 1080p.

Ah okay. Both looked very sharp on that image. . Really comfy as well, what keyboard is that?

Figured I would post a slightly different angle this time.

So I sold my desktop and now I have this. Gonna get a 34-35" gsync monitor soonish

faggots

I've been testing external GPUs at work, and I really wanna eventually consolidate down from a desktop/laptop combo to a Macbook with an e-GPU/thunderbolt dock with my existing monitors and storage with a Windows VM for games.

Maybe in a few gens down the line when TB4 hits and can access more than 4 PCIe lanes

>faggots
>posts thermaltake abomination

its realy not the pcie lanes that throttle the gpu its the interface between tb3 and pcie. If you go in your mother board settings and set your pcie ports to x4 you wont notice a difference.

Right, I should have specified. I want more than x4 for my NVMe drives, if TB4 also has lower latency with the controller that'd make the GPU experience better as well

I really need to add stuff to the walls and get rid of that poster

got you. I'm defnitely an early adoptor but the future is bright for tin laptops and external gpus in my opinion.

Pendulum is some good shit

One day I'll just have one device that's a laptop at work, and a gaming/production machine at home. The dream

Currently looking for a better table top than the IKEA one I have, but It's hard to find one with the right dimensions. It also needs to be able to support about 50kg of equipment.

Ikea makes solid wood table tops as well. The same legs will work

I know, but they aren't as deep as my current desk (75cm). Maximum depth of those table tops is 63.5cm. I wouldn't mind if a table top would go over 75cm depth as I would just saw off the excess wood.

Just finished setting it up

Meh

I want a bigger desk.
I need a bigger apartment.

I think Ill need to clean my desk soon

Where's your gun?

Are you talking about the meme where if i own a mechanical keyboard i need a gun next to it?

Well, i really want one, but i decided to spend all my money on fancy computer parts instead of buying a gun. However, it is my 2018 goal to acquire a fine firearm. I thinking some sort of 9mm hand gun.

Old pic of my Battlestation here.

That picture has been around forever. Prove it's yours, faggot.

desk looks too small, otherwise looks really nice. 8/10

are you able to set the speakers upright? 7/10

move the tower to the floor and youll have a lot more space. put some tiles down if you have carpet

Here's my workstation. The wacom is connected to my desktop

And here's under the desk

I'll take a better photo later when the sun isn't setting.

nice pupper, friend

Butthurt much ?

Good morning you fucking nerds

Time to waste another weekend

>PC upgrade in 4 months
Thanks AMD

Why don't you stitch those pics together instead of wasting an image post

How do you like your momentums? Going for around ~50USD used on ebay.

I have the ANC wireless version and i love them. 22 hrs battery life means i only have to charge them for 30 min / 1 hr every week.

If Tyrone snatch them from my head, ill buy new ones without a doubt

Cuz I'm posting from my phone?

Morning lads o/

I would love to have a reliable 'plug one cable to get power+eGPU+peripherals' setup, Right now I need 3 cables which is not the end of the world but no gpu and I'm looking at getting on of the newer thinkpads alongside the new docks.

Cozy af.

Nice stein: is the wood underneath it a coaster or part of the mug?

Aesthetic/10

What desk is this?
Why do you need a coaster for water?

Cheap ikea unfinished pine kitchen table.
What do you mean? I just keep the coaster on the desk and place whatever I'm drinking on there; rn it's green tea + honey

im thinking of doing an arch / windows dual boot for my main PC, how does arch feel as a desktop OS?
ive only really used it on laptops so far

the word 'comfy' should have a filter

i suggest fuwafuwa

waku waku

"queer"

so is sRGB coverage important to a monitor if you aren't doing photo work? i was offered a great deal on some 1080p hp monitors, but after researching them they're only rated at 72% sRGB coverage.

jesus, I hope that HDD is dead. Otherwise nice station
which country do you live in? I wouldn't want to live surrounded by such a
color, reminds me of dixi toilets
show us the front of the setup!
gay
can you post your screenfetch?

It's actually running off my laptop lol; but it works absolutely fine switching back and forth and detects all peripherals no issue.

It's just stock neofetch.

oops

Aha no worries, well now i need to decide if i just plug my laptop with arch into my third monitor and keep using windows on the other two, application like synergy would be easy to use mouse and keyboard across devices

Room will be repainted to match the new carpet on the stairs leading to the attic rooms.

>kekistan
Do you enjoy embarrassing yourself?

Better than programming socks and dildos to be honest.

I won't waste my time discussing which one is more ridiculous, but they both are.

What monitor is that?

Why are there so many faggots running Wangblows?

Is that the 34 inch model? How are you liking it? Does the 1080p bother you?

This
BST threads are the only ones on this board where people seem to prefer Windows to Linux

>Wangblows
You forgot to say "Micro$oft"

mine is probably the worst that has ever been posted

not by a long shot.

Not even close, it's pretty decent sans the photo, quality, the plastic crate and the position of the keyboard. Nice bait to get (You)s tho.

Where's that fat ass with like 10 monitors? Did he die or something?

how can you be in the same room with those rack servers?

My favorites ITT

Yes, 34 inch. It's great, I love it.
1080p doesn't bother me, I can see the pixels if I get close, but it's a non issue for me. I especially preferred 1080p so I could get 144hz, as when I bought this monitor there were still no 1440p UW 144hz monitors.

PPI is massively overrated, my previous monitor was 1080p but 22 inches and I don't have a problem with pixel density on the 34 inch one. I would also like to note that at work I use 5k screens for photo and video editing, and while they are obviously sharper I would still much rather take the 144hz 1080p monitor I have at home for daily usage (this monitor is also very good with color accuracy so there's also that). I'm way more bothered by downgrading to 60hz when going to work than I am bothered by downgrading to 1080p when going home.

keyboard?

Var bor du?

I like you.

fany looks like a cripple

>faggots
>runs windows
>has a razer keyboard
>not a mechanical keyboard
>plays gaymes
>doesn't have a 1080p monitor

Mölndal. Vill du knulla?

>Anonymous Mask
>Gaymer mouse
>Gaymer keyboard
>Windows

Put it back linus

Please tell your parents to cancel your internet. Thank you.

Because not everyone is a beta faggot like you

>window in PC case
You have to be over the age of 18 to post here

that subtle troll

You think I'm going to go out of my way to buy another panel just so my case doesn't have a window? I bought the case because it's a good size and has plenty of space for fans, not because it's got a perspex screen on one side.
I'd argue that LEDs all over the place are far worse looking than a window

You were to one being baited. But you knew probably knew. So I'm actually being baited into seriously replying to you. Damn it user.

How can I improve?

add 8 more monitors

Get a bigger mousepad, I suppose.

Shitty lighting.

please rate my setup

>kekistan
You are part of the problem

fag

>replacing this

Comfy af. I'm also digging those wallpapers on your monitors.

why is that anime tranny censored?