NASA's budget is only 0.50% of fed budget

>NASA's budget is only 0.50% of fed budget
Why americans? Why don't you like space

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATtcoIa3GWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

space is for faggots

t. future astronaut

NASA is a useless angency that has been hiding the truth from the public beside pulling press conferences to announce stuff that no one gives a shit about.

kek

going to space doesn't help anybody in any way

Hiding what truth? Ayyy lmaos?

Basically.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATtcoIa3GWM
Only for true man :)

>that has been hiding the truth from the public

Underrated

>useless agency
REEEEEEE
90% of advancements in technology come from fucking nasa you piece of shit

FED is owned by private banks so they don't need any budgets.

>scrap obamacare
>invest all that money in NASA
>colonise the stars

No need to thank me America

translate

Because muh social programs

by fed I meant the United States federal budget, not the bank you dolt

because you

>soviet collapse
>lithuania get liberated
>US has no more space-able enemy
>no more space race
>NASA gets smaller money

Talk about it around here and people get onery, asking why we should waste money when it could be spent helping the lower class/ending gun violence/ stopping police brutality/more gibsmedats.

average american would choose to spend more into killing childrens in the middle east over NASA if given the choice

"We live only for the flight . We must not forget."

>when it could be spent helping the lower class/ending gun violence/ stopping police brutality/more gibsmedats
That doesn't sound very American to me. It's too logical.

>99% of nasa projects get cancelled so that the dindus can get free shit instead of working

I hate this " if you throw money at it, the problem will go away" mentality

No competition from big strong USSR so big strong USA stagnates

Why do you like space? You're Lithuanian so your IQ is too low to work in any astronomy field and the children you'll never have won't live in space.

Go play sci-fi video games.

China's about to launch another space station next month
What did you say about competition?

>99% of NASA projects are intentionally complicated as to spread development across different states to "create jobs"

There's no hope

I can get why they feel the way they do, but at the same time it feels like we're throwing in the towel on what we could do.

No reaching for the next frontier, no striving to excel, everyone wants a lukewarm bare minimum existence with self invented drama to spice things up. It feels sad.

>waste money
Yeah, waste money on creating new technology that may potentially save money, save lives etc.

Please no more space race. The US needs upgraded infrastructure instead of putting a woman and a gay Mexican on Mars.

A fucking leaf

What do you mean by upgraded infrastructure?
>putting a woman and a gay Mexican on Mars.
now that is just shitposting

you just need another country to compete with

dont worry, brazil will become a super power soon enough

>What do you mean by upgraded infrastructure?
Our internet is shit.
>now that is just shitposting
Your president is a woman and Lithuania is becoming Sweden tier so I'm not surprised you're a cuck.

our stupid and inept politicians don't see the value of space exploration, unless its in the context of beating a communist super power.

they gave up after russia beat them to it

Brazil is definitely coming up fast but China is the new USSR as far as the USA is concerned.

The US was only ever interested in space because the soviets were.
The space race and the entire cold war was a pissing contest between two superpowers that cost billions of dollars, countless lives and turned numerous countries into shitholes.
And it was great, my favourite time period of history.

The USA is nothing without the the soviet union, they won and payed the ultimate price.

>land on the moon
>don't colonize it

America/10

so you're saying victory has defeated America?

Your president's a nigger, so?
>lithuania is becoming sweden tier
in what regard

>if you kill them they win!

just wait for some president to start pushing for space wmds
the budget will skyrocket

I couldn't make sense of his post. I just assumed he's a drunk paddy.

The soviets won the space race tho. The US put a man on the moon, an insane feat not to be diminished, but the Soviets beat them to literally every single other facet of the space race first.

>Why americans? Why don't you like space
they can't shart in space, because their fat bodies attract the turd

Of course they have nothing to strive for, everyone needs a nemesis to keep them on their toes.
America has become fat and lazy but desperately searching for the next soviet union.
You had the fear of nuclear war but the cold war was a golden time in the USA.

Thats true but history books say otherwise.

German humor strikes again

And what?

>The US put a man on the moon
When will this meme end?

I think that even if the whole world were sufficiently motivated we wouldn't be able to have any meaningful presence outside of the earth and this will always be the case. It depresses me when people really care about space.

it was ok, I chuckled

>tfw white cishet shitlords try to hide the fact that the first earthling on the moon was a proud transwomyn of color

Been there, done that. We're moving on to other things, sweetie :)

Americans like to see expenses put into more practical applications, like SEAD.

we don't decide spending

There's no point in going to space anymore, it costs a shit ton of money and we have enough problems on earth as it is.

I wish we could put all the funding towards the space programs and leave this fucking planet though

>first dog in space means they won the space race guys XDDDDDD

>First dog
>First man
>First sattelite
>First Intercontinental ballistic missile

I don't see you putting a man on the moon

We already know this but the country has too many shitskin faggots now who want an expensive nanny state and it's diverting money we could be spending conquering the galaxy

*Putin a man on the moon

may I save the rare pepe?

Well how much of Lithuania's budget goes to space research ?

>confusing race into space with space race
>implying first one to arrive to the race wins
>if you get to the London Marathon first, you win, even if you lose the actual marathon

You're late to the party brazil, i think they've already sent monkeys in space

good joke

NASA benefits from the funding of other entities within the US.

The Air force pays NASA to launch their satellites, among other forms of R&D.

NASA is stuck in low earth orbit since the 70ies. ( apart from unmanned missions which they do well).
Low earth orbit is merely 400km above ground. That's the equivalent of tipping a toe into space.

Search YouTube for Zubrin Mars Direct to see what could be done.

The future of space is with companies like SpaceX, Deep Space Industries, Planetary Resources etc... not with NASA.

>SpaceX, Deep Space Industries, Planetary Resources
meme companies

Because space is useless, knowing what some distant galaxy or planet looks like or consists of is useless, landing on the moon was completely pointless and was performed for the bragging rights, the only thing in space that matters is the Earth's orbit, namely satellites, because they generate money unlike building pointless telescopes so that eggheads could stare at their stupid ass stars that may be even long dead by now, the same goes to various probes like curiosity etc which require considerable amount of money which eventually gets wasted without any revenue to balance things out.

living is useless since you're going to die anyway so why don't you kill yourself right now? Why prolong the invenitable?

We have no one to compete with anymore and therefore the classic capitalist urge to win is gone

It's funny because no country is realizing the fucking potential of space. The day they'll realize that SpaceX will get mad dosh from farming lithium on the moon, the true space race will begin. Except it will be USA vs Russia vs Europe (lel) vs China.

China is already realizing this, and is getting ahead of the USA. Fuck helping the poor, fuck your armies, fuck everything that isn't about space.

>meme companies

>space
Why don't you go there, pal?

good bantz lad

>
As a dude with a BS in physics
>oh fuck the math

>kill yourself right now
I'm impressed you're still alive considering your suicide rates.
>living is useless
Not if you have money.

>Implying NASA wouldn't sperg the fuck out, and shout to the heavens if they knew about the existance of aliens

HABAKKUK
RAINBOW aka the Philadelphia Experiment
PAPERCLIP
BLUEBOOK

Do any of you actually keep up with space news?
NASA says they want to get people on Mars in 2030, search for life in Europa and more.
Of course they could get more accomplished quickly with a larger budget but to say that the US has stagnated completely when it comes to space exploration is somewhat ignorant.

0,5% of fed budget is quite huge considering they have a world order to run and NASA is an uncertain ultra-long term investment that doesn't bring much direct returns for the country

lel

A lot of it is lack of political willpower, being saying stuff like
>"""We should fix the issues of the Earth before sending humans to space"""
and being all NIMBY. That being said, we should be getting people on Mars, if not a permanent colony on it, by 2030 or 2040 at the absolute latest.

>SpaceX, Deep Space Industries, Planetary Resources
These names sound like they were made up by middle schoolers.