Why don't Americans drive manual cars?

Why don't Americans drive manual cars?
Are they doopin' mental?

Other urls found in this thread:

sunmotors.co.uk/news/jeremy-clarkson-are-70-of-brit-drivers-mad-to-drive-manuals/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-SunmotorsUK-_-20160216-_-Driving-_-368568208-_-Imageandlink
manualversusautomatic.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Automatic is easier and doesn't require using a clutch
Little to no benefit to driving manual anyways

It's easier, what's the,point of manual? It's completely useless outside of being le need for speed racer

More efficient and gives you more control of the car
Using a clutch is piss easy anyway, I'm a clumsy bastard and I have no problems

post the pic of your car and i will slap your ass if you drive automatic

>inb4 i am nnet so have no car lol

Automatic is really comfy for traffic jams

Why would I choose a manual over an automatic? Genuinely curious

i honestly don't care if the car is a manual or not, as long as it isn't a god awful CVT transmission.

if i lived in yankistan i'd probably drive one for security desu
what're the chances of a nigger knowing how to use a clutch

I love driving manual but it is pretty rare in north america. I think it's because our car culture really took off right when it was invented and marketable as a "premium option."

It feels way better and makes you a better driver. There's no downside except WAAA its tooo HARRRD. Automatic is literally for cucks because some big black transmission drives your car FOR you.
>tfw can double clutch and shift clutchless and all that shit
>tfw someone occasionally will ride in my car and say "why are you messing with the shifter user, just leave it in D"

This is what pussified culture looks like. Here it's understood that real men drive manual and you'd be the laughing stock if you drove automatic.

Who is this cum siren

It's there as a less expensive option but MT is archaic and generally not as safe as automatic.

That's not an argument

I asked why it's better, not what retards in a 3rd world country with a gdp per capita of $3000 think about it

What's pussified about it?

>More efficient
You used to be able to squeeze 1 more mpg out of a manual but even that isn't true anymore

It really helps for acceleration with a small engine. And it's more fun to drive. Most newer manuals also have a hill assist feature that automatically applies the brake when you start on a steep hill, so you don't have to fuck around with the emergency brake.

Manual sucks balls in heavy traffic. I bike in the city though, so it's not a big deal for me.

It gives you good amount of extra control for minimal effort. Seriously, driving manual is really really really easy and everyone that says it's too hard is a fucking retard.

Also it makes you a pussy.

Not as safe? What the hell are you talking about.

>it's a Europeans derive their masculinity from what type of transmission they use episode

glad to see you're all spending your time caring about the things in life that truly matter

secretgarden

I'd manually drive her car if you know what I'm saying

Can't find anything, mind lending a hand?

Not more efficient in terms of fuel, but manual cars are still a lot cheaper to buy than automatic ones. If you owned only one car for your entire life an automatic would make sense, but as it is now a manual costs you less overall. Don't forget that taxes are higher in Europe so cars are more expensive relative to people's income than in the US.

>Here it's understood that real men drive manual

This is the most retarded thing ever, pressing in the clutch and moving the gear stick does not make any more of a man you turk rapebaby faggot

t. have only owned manual cars

thesecretsecretgarden.tumblr.com

I drive a stick

Driving an automatic is like driving a go kart. An 11 year could drive an automatic.

Manuals are cheaper, have better fuel economy, give you more control of the car and are cheaper to repair

True. Especially since every woman here drives a manual as well.

You're alright Chile.

I'm sure people there also think electricity is magic and you are a wizard since you use a glowy-screen-with-tappy-tappy-board-with-letters

>have better fuel economy
Like someone else already said, that was true maybe 10-20 years ago. Nowadays modern automatics have better fuel economy.

I didn't know driving was about skill-showing

Always driven manuals and love the extra control, but fuck me if automatic isn't so much comfier in stop/start traffic.

>turk rapebaby faggot

rude

>be american
>drive clutch

I mean how else am I supposed to drive in europe?

Americans feel gay when touching levers of any kind.

R A R E
A
R
E

>so you don't have to fuck around with the emergency brake.
you don't either way, I'm pretty sure doing it with handbreak wouldn't even get you past the driving test

The only people I know who do manual are my nan, her sister in law and one of my cousins

*WHO DO AUTOMATIC

I drive stick shift, I don't like automatic

I knew it

That's literally the reason yanks drive automatic, they're all niggers

When I was a kid watching American sitcoms and a character says something like "but dad I thought you were gonna teach me to drive stick this weekend" i used to wonder what the fuck they were on about

Uganda be kidding me

It's true. MT cars leave a lot of room for human error which is why they cost so much to insure.

From a governing standpoint, if keeping your people safe on the road is your goal, making it as easy as possible is in your best interest. Automatic removes the need to use a clutch, a handbrake and to shift. This means that women can also do it without effort. It's a very smart solution to what can feasibly be considered an issue. If you look at parts of Europe, they have have to have dash cams installed in their vehicles because these niggers can barely stay on the road.

I personally choose MT because it feels better but there is nothing inherently wrong with technological advancements and safer automation.

Because le you have more control over the engine XDDDDDD

You learn to appreciate automatic once you've been driving on the highway for 4 hours on cruise control. Or in heavy traffic in a big city. Pic related, shitposting from my car in a traffic jam.

What is this, nine million post and no-one asked for naem?source?who?

It actually costs extra here if you want a car with manual.

I just shift into neutral and wait until the car in front has a considerable gap. People can beep all they want, it's not like they're going anywhere the silly cunts

less* you underage fuck.

I already gave sauce you blind snowman

>dash cams
Only exist because of insurance fraud really

? When I was buying a car a few years ago they told me if I wanted manual I would need to pay $300 extra

>glad to see you're all spending your time caring about the things in life that truly matter
Welcome to Sup Forums newfriend

>ameridoops

>cars

Are you fucking pussies?
Drive a motorcycle.

>Inb4 no room for baggage
They have cases and you can buy a trike.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.
sunmotors.co.uk/news/jeremy-clarkson-are-70-of-brit-drivers-mad-to-drive-manuals/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-SunmotorsUK-_-20160216-_-Driving-_-368568208-_-Imageandlink

You must have misheard. Automatic transmission is just more expensive by design. They aren't a step backwards, they're a step forwards in complexity.

manualversusautomatic.com/
>Manual transmissions cost less than automatics to begin with. When you go to a car dealear you will notice that the stick-shift version of the same model is about a thousand bucks cheaper.
>In the long run, manuals require less service, thus making maintenance cheaper too.

>URLs with emojis in

good joke

we used to drive manual but nowdays automatic are everywhere
personally i don't mind both
automatic is more smooth tho

Believe it or not but Jeremy Clarkson isn't considered an authority on cars here

What about Jeremy Clarkfather?

t. Chris Evans

That's a totally trust-worthy source, sharter

Manuals usually require an upgrade package, and are more expensive because of it. When was the last time you bought a car?

>Manuals usually require an upgrade package
I'm guessing it's because it's seen as more "sporty" and only comes with the ricer packages (or actual performance versions) ?

Because they are retarded.

He is correct though

>Manuals usually require an upgrade package

???

>"upgrade" package
>Manual transmissions
Isn't summer over yet?

I completely agree. When driving a manual you have to change gears all the funking time, even if you gotta drive for two blocks. I wish I had an automatic, I'd just change one gear and forget about everything

damn its good to be a man.

there will NEVER be a shortage of young hot vapid whores showing off.

Lol

>builds a 500whp muscle car
>auto transmission

WHY?

I bought an automatic car.
The car is even connected to the internet and you retarded motherfuckers are still switching gears in place with a FUCKING stick.

Manual is better on snow and ice.

So when are you having your sex reassignment surgery Lisa?

I bought indeed a Volvo.

t. Jamal bin-Mehmet

>almost 2017
>people drive manual cars

wtf guys? manual is shit. i drove them for years but all i got was pain in the legs at streetlights. automatic for the win.

You shut up. 365 days of summer boy.

You say that like being a nigger in this country isn't heaven on earth.

>This thread again.

Ameriflabs show more skill in steal sharting in the mart than driving. Next time set the car on S and shart in the car

this
we're in a age where we're gonna have autonomous cars soon
why are you so obsessed with driving old fashioned cars where there're are more advanced ones

Jesus Christ, time for a history lesson guys:

When the automatic first came out it became somewhat of a status symbol. Americans are obsessed with the latest technology that's available, so they fawned over the idea of the car "changing gears for you". As a result, people who could afford to buy automatics, bought automatics, so they could say they had automatics. And by the 1960's most people could afford cars with automatic transmissions, even if they were relatively much more expensive than their manual counterparts. Eventually the cars changed hand from parents to the next generation, so their first cars were automatic. Then they bought automatics for themselves later on because they were already used to it, so their kids got automatics when it was time for them to have a first car. Over the decades it has gotten to the point where most people don't know how to drive stick shift because they have driven and been surrounded by mostly automatic cars their whole lives. That isn't to say people don't buy manuals anymore, but the cost difference doesn't matter for most Americans, and the fuel savings that manuals earn didn't really matter because apart from the 70's and mid-2000's, gas in the US has always been really cheap compared to fuel prices in Europe. Most of the people who still buy manuals are sport purists, and that makes up a significant enough market that companies still make them, along with the relatively much fewer people who just can't afford a car with an automatic transmission, but in the last five years, the technology in automatic transmissions allows them to be more fuel efficient than stick shifts. Even a lot of sports cars now are using computerized transmissions that can shift "better than any driver". I don't know why the same thing didn't happen in Europe, maybe because the post-WW2 economy didn't boom like ours did, or people just didn't care about the technology due to its cost.

The knobs are manual

>no cactus mode
Into the trash it goes.

But that's why I say it, Sven. I love your country, but your government cucks you everyday at increasing rates.

absolute FUCKING disgust

I prefer to use automatic. I live in a big city so traffic is pretty common and driving a manual during slow traffic seems annoying.

I have to admit that manual has its advantages, though, but for the most part I could care less and I like being lazy.

>ur such a pussy for driving auto... wtf. roflmao would you even fucking want automatic manual gives u so much more control, (and i dont have enough for automatic... but w/e)

So I can eat a burger while driving.

I drive an automatic so what it's fucking normal only retards that can't afford automatic cars complain about it

Yea, because I want to change gears in stop and go traffic every 5 seconds.

People who defend manual should be genocided. Manual car causes leg and back pain and having diffrent gears is useless for a normal driver and in cities with traffic changing gears is so fucking annoying

nigger, we INVENTED cars - manual and automatic. and we invented the driving of said cars

/thread