Is it normal for your Internets to just kind of get faster on their own? For the last few years...

Is it normal for your Internets to just kind of get faster on their own? For the last few years, my maximum download speed was 30 Mb/s now it's like 70+ but my mom said she didn't upgrade the service.

Yes.

>Using all of the bandwidth in the house.

only mad dad is awake and he's just calling hardware stores on his phone and doesn't use wifi calling afaik

My ISP doesn't offer you automatic speed increases, you have to go online and change your speeds manually on your account.

BUT in doing so you can end up with faster speeds for the same price, or less.

I went from 150/150mbps for $135/month to 940/940mbps for $95/month by doing this.

Yes since net neutrality was repealed companies were able to increase speeds since they no longer have a gun pointed to their heads.

>ISP doubled the speed with no charge at the start of the year

feels good

Yes, if you feed and take proper care of your internets they will get bigger and faster just like your penis.

You have to be over 18 to post on this site.

years old? Definitely older than 18 my man!

He's probably just a manchild

It seems you have Xfinity. Xfinity upgraded the speed of their 25Mbps clients to ~50Mbps for free, you should've received a letter in the mail informing you about this change.

Thanks, I don't read the mail unless it's addressed to me so maybe that was it!

>my mom said
Who the fuck shares internet with their parents? I'm a manchild living with parents too, but I pay for my own internet. I don't want the rest of my family to hog my bandwidth.

I would never do it, but you could just limit their bandwidth on your router hehe

Considering he let his parents buy him his alienware laptop, I'm not shocked.

I bought it, not my parents! They only pay for my phone bill and rent and sometimes I eat dinner with them on their dime.

When they pay off your debt it doesn't really matter whos name is on the receipt.

Nobody pays my debt, my mom just gives the ok each month for the payments - sort of like an accountant or something. It's my money that I earn by working.

I'm not rich but I make enough to pay my student loans and car payments with some left over for toys :)

Good

Ofcourse since net neutrality is repealed ISP now allocates more bandwith to plans differently. people who pay only youtube gets only youtube bandwidth people who pay facebook only gets facebook which inturn isp can allocate more bandwith to steam to you

The current state of Sup Forums

yes mine went from 20 mbits to 35 mbits

>my mom just gives the ok each month for the payments
So you basically have no control over your own money, which any grown human bean should have.

She just thinks I'm too dumb to remember to pay (though I write a check each month for my car payment and have never been late when one time she forgot to do my student loan payment which I hated!)

Looks like Net Neutrality was slowing down the interwebz!

>he thinks people have control over their own money

Mine doubled last week, frm 20Mbps to 40Mbps. No fee increase.

Not an amerishart though.

No, your ISP is either being generous, made a mistake, or there is a technical reason behind it (e.g. the transfer rate limiter was overloaded, and their solution was to cut down the number of transfer rate tiers from 8 to 4, so some people ended up getting free speed upgrade, but the ISP is saving money by not having to buy a newer, better transfer rate limiting system).