The current year

>the current year
>not having desktop icons

the fuck is wrong with you?

What's good about them?
On Linux, I'm going to have a shell open and running _anyway_, and on Windows, I can just type the name of the program at the start menu.

i3 doesnt have them and it makes no sense to me when i always have a window open and my screen is filled due to it being tiling wm
icons are useless, rarely used them back in regular DE days too

which icons are these?

Share pape pls

Icons on the deskop become obsolete as soon as you have a more sane way to launch applications.

I use the "Desktop" directory to keep the stuff I'm currently working on. As soon as that work is done the files are moved to the appropriate directory in the archive.

I have several hundred icons all across my desktop
Gets kind of annoying and I often go on a deleting spree. I guess it's time

whats that de

Papirus icon theme

I do and fuck GNOME.

>you can type the name of the program and edge will open showing you the website of the program you just typed in, since the actual program was the third result down.
>you can type 'word' to try and open Microsoft Word but instead it opens wordpad

How is that worse than having to minimise windows until you get the icon you're looking for.
Oh, AND, I forgot, you can pin things to the taskbar.
Desktop icons were a mistake.

I don't need them when I can quickly do anything through my keybinds. Using a mouse for mundane tasks such as opening a program feels so slow once you get used to i3+rofi+terminal workflow

i found it

Try to find labview(this piece of trash is why I needed windows) type it in start menu. Start menu can't find it, it found it before. Finally found the shortcut in some kind of windows programs folder. Start labview, close labview, search for it again in start menu. It finds it immediately. Start using labview, half an hour later try to test my program, click start, blue screen. Fuck you windows, also I will personally make it my mission to kill the person who made labview.

>I use the "Desktop" directory to keep the stuff I'm currently working on.
It is how the Desktop was supposed to be used.

but i do

Who needs them?

lel same

>xfce

Enjoy your screen tearing.

>2011
>not using launchpad to open everything

Post wallpaper, please.

that is the ugliest spotlight copy i've ever seen holy fuck

The fuck is spotlight?

Oh, thank you.

>The fuck is spotlight?
The built in macOS feature that your shitty launcher box thing is trying (badly) to copy

It is a Mac feature that allows you to quickly search for your installed applications, files, documents, etc. You can also find information about people, websites, buy movies, etc. It was basically the grand child of Sherlock 2, another Apple invention.

Oh that's cool.

>ReactOS
Is stable enough to be installed on real hardware, or are you using a VM?

>Sherlock 2
It was available for Mac OS 8, 9 and earlier versions of OSX. It was a desktop search engine that allowed you to search for things like eBay. I think it could do things like local movie times at the theater, etc.

Don't you see what's wrong with your picture? You have a convenient application launcher right there at the bottom, but you still use desktop icons. It's just not necessary when there are docks like that, or the way you can put icons in quick launch taskbar on Windows.

Desktop icons not only look tacky, they're also redundant. It's like when winfags try to rice their desktop but end up having like three different clocks.

I wanna know this too. Ran it on a virtual box and I love it but I wanna install it on a old pc.

>what is dmenu
icons are bloat

its plenty stable, but i dont really have much use for it as a main OS other than a e s t h e t i c

How do you even add a browser to it? Grant it im just running a live cd version.

>i3+rofi
>not dwm+dmenu