Is ittrue that in the USA couriers put parcel addresed to you under your doors and go away?

Is ittrue that in the USA couriers put parcel addresed to you under your doors and go away?

If it's small enough, they'll leave it in your mailbox.
If it's too large, they'll usually leave it at your doorstep.

They're always rushing off to find a toilet, they don't have the time other sophisticated nations have to organise mail properly.

What the fuck? What if you ordered electronics and after couriers visit starts raining?

Usually, but it can be specified that it must be signed for.
In that case, if nobody is home they will leave a note and you can call and reschedule or pick up at the post office.

Yeah or they just leave it on the doorstep.

And yes if you don't go get it and you live in a shit neighborhood it will get stolen.

Oh well

Well what are they supposed to do? They can't just let themselves into your house if you're not there.
Like said, you can request that someone be there to pick it up.

Why they don't call you if you aren't at home or you are sitting on a toilet? Do you leave your telephone number when you order something?

No the delivery service will leave a slip in the mailbox.
You can reschedule a time or go pick it up.

lol
That sucks, you have 3rd world tier services in your country.

The package comes in a box

Give you a call. I order a lot of shit, every time before they make a delivery they call to confirm you're going to be there to pick up. If you're not they either reschedule for tomorrow or tell you they'll bring it to a location of your choosing after they're done with rest of the packages.

Unless it goes through regular post. Those cunts just leave a notice in your mailbox, without even bother to check if you're at home or not.

You can also get a free UPS account and set an option for your delivery so that they leave it in a specific place (under the porch or in the backyard, a dumpster, etc.).

True

And one thing. If courier leaves it under your doors, how do you know he delivered it?

F.e. someone stole it and couriers claims he delivered it under your house, but you claim he wasn't there and he stole your package himself.

Here you sign in that palmtop or hwateverit is called, and they know that package has been delivered.

Yes, I received a package on the edge of my front porch this afternoon.

In Canada its 3 options :

Mailbox if it fits
Doorstep if its deemed safe
Otherwise taken to a facility where you csn go and pick it up

The later sucks cause it requires a proof of residence and a lease doesnt count. And f you have roommates like me and arent the one the bills are factured too its a huge hassle proving you live at the address. Cause having the paper left st the door and ID isnt enough.

There's a roof covering the porch, you know.

You can request specific delivery locations with most couriers.

Agreed. The packages are hardly ever on time as well.

Because there is a gigantic federal law that says if you fuck with someone's mail you get ass raped big time so it helps stop thieves a little bit.

The boxes that most packages come in are strong enough to be thrown out of a plane(assuming it's lighter than 5 pounds) and in a group the boxes are strong enough to support the weight of a car.

This.

Laws surrounding mail are TIGHT in America.

It is completely taboo to discuss mail at all with other people.

where I live, if you aren't there they take it to the nearest facility and you pick it up with your id

Must suck not living in a relevant region.