Are laptops useless now?

>Smartphones have better portability
>Desktops are more powerful
>Tablets have better portability and similar specs

There's literally no reason to own one of you aren't a broke ass college student

im a broke ass college student

>Smartphones have better portability
but no power
>Desktops are more powerful
but no portability
>Tablets have better portability and similar specs
No they don't

niggers

Muh keyboard autism

tablets fucking suck first of all

And laptops aren't going away for a while.
Students are being issued google chromebooks, most professionals use apple macbooks or lenovo thinkpads usually.
They're not going away because people have work to do, no one is going to whip out their phone because they want to program.

Fuck off underage, tablets are absolute trash.

Why would you get spend money on a overpriced high end laptop when you can built a desktop at the fraction of the price?
And yes tablets are mid tier laptop level now old fag

>Literally only useful for work and shit at everything else
It's becoming less relevant each year grandpas

portability if you travel
you can take the laptop off the desk when you are not using it or need to work on something else
it's definitely a niche product that combines productivity with gaming

do you work?
Working isn't a myth you neet.
I dare you to walk into a star bucks around lunch time and tell me that no one in there is working on a laptop.

how vulnerable are all of those normies to being hacked when they walk into a starbucks?

>Going to starbucks
>Going to a literal milkshake cafe for upper middle class snobs
>Interacting with nu males soy boys
No thanks

>people like OP exist in the real world
I don't know, not very unless they pick the wrong wifi.
I'm not sure how that's relevant.

stop watching mr robot

It's not that hard to go out in public.
And are you really arguing for phones and tablets over laptops and trying to pretend you aren't a soyboy?

>laptops are better for work
>laptops are better for productivity
>laptops are better for browsing
>laptops are better for gaming
>laptops are better for fapping

Literally the only advantage phones and tablets have is portability, they are objectively worse at everything else.

>tablets
>similar specs

phones are literally fucking useless for anything other than calling, for which you don't need anything with power. you can't be productive on a phone, you can't watch anything on a phone, and phones cause RSI and thumb pain if you use them excessively. the better question is why ever use a phone if you can carry a 13 inch laptop with you in your bag?

Because if I whipped out my thinkpad (which btw can call using a verison sim card) to make a phone call, everyone would look at me funny.

>phones are literally fucking useless for anything other than calling
>Because if I whipped out my thinkpad (which btw can call using a verison sim card) to make a phone call, everyone would look at me funny.
???????

you're so silly haha
And yes. I have both a laptop and a phone because phones are usefull for calling. Laptops aren't really.
It's like you think you can't have more than one thing.

Because you want to do the work of a desktop, but with a portable device. Not really that hard to understand.

Smartphones don't even come close to being able to accomplish the tasks a laptop can, they can only replace a laptop if you were only using your laptop for facebooking on the go in the first place.
Desktops are obviously not portable, I don't understand why you even mentioned them.
Lagdroid/iShit tablets don't run windows/linux/mac OS, which happen to be the operating systems for which the actually useful programs are written. Their "similar specs" are also meaningless, since the only demanding thing you can possibly do on a tablet is watching a youtube video. There are windows tablets, but you might as well just sacrifice some portability and get a laptop that offers a better user experience when you use if for things a laptop is meant to be used for.

>What's a computer?

Lan parties. Workers that need to be on the move.

>And yes tablets are mid tier laptop level now old fag

Bitch, I just spend 40 hours last looking at every nook, cranny and taiwanese fabrictator, looking for a light tablet PC to pair with a smart watch to replace a smartphone loadout. The ONLY one taking the game seriously is Microsoft, like the Surface. Next closest is the Asus Transformer.

And even they're moving away from tablets into two in ones.