What's it like to live in a third world country?

What's it like to live in a third world country?

The worse. I want to jump from a bridge every day.

you tell us

What's it like to live in a country that doesn't celebrate Easter?

I wouldn't know. I've been to some places that are nearly third world, however, like West Philadelphia and Reading, PA.

every day is a struggle

Memes aside, there really are some borderline third world tier places here in the US. Mainly in the South but some other places too.

I live in cozy Maine though.

California is one of them.
Send help.

Pretty awful, my friend :(

NYC is pretty third world honestly

can't take it desu

You wouldn't understand.

but i do

Memes aside, there really are some borderline third world tier places here in Brazil. Mainly in the North but some other places too.

I live in cozy Paraná though.

pretty decent
while im not that lucky for living in the snowflake capital of libya benghazi atleast I didn't end up in Sirte
hoping to move to tripoli soon and have first world internet there

It depends of the borough. Where do you live?

Maine is based

Don't generalize Brazil but let me tell ya a few things
Every politician is corrupt
Our currency is shit
Technology is pricey. Like, I just searched for Xbox one and stores are selling it for approx. 1,5K bucks but minimum wage is 880 bucks
I feel safe where I live but the news shows crimes daily
Our currency is shit

Yes. Even the name is french.

Everything good is as expensive as in the 1st world but you earn a third of their income, everything you expect from your state to work isn't working and you pay more for it, like russian user said, you probably can't understand it and your reasoning to fix it wouldn't work, due to it being tainted by your pampered live

>Technology is pricey. Like, I just searched for Xbox one and stores are selling it for approx. 1,5K bucks but minimum wage is 880 bucks

This is a consequence of your economic protectionism, Mexico has free trade so we have cheaper electronics, for example an xbox one costs 250 dollars here

Trust me when I say most third world countries don't 100% fit the stereotype. Latin America is a prime example. There are some stereotypical shitholes here and there, but in other areas, especially cities, we have the same quality of life as the United States.

Sure, it might not look pristine and perfect, but it isn't a bad place to live in. Many areas of the US have a third-world feel to them, so it's not like they're leagues above us.

Crime is an issue depending on where you live, but that applies to pretty much every country. It might sound laughable but I'm glad our biggest problem is just cartels and not our country falling apart politically like in the Middle East.

Also it was first settled by Samuel de Champlain and Pierre Dugua le Sieur de Mons in 1604 at Île Sainte-Croix.

>an xbox one costs 250 dollars here
What a fucking lie.

bad

You tell us OP

It hurts, man. You have to pay a freaking additional 60% of the price if Customs catch ya
Unless you're importing books or something

Half the stuff at double the price. (eg milk costs like in Germany but the wages are 8 times smaller)
The part of the government responsible for social care is not working while the part that makes sure the ruling top gets everything they want works just fine.

>3rd world country

Well Switzerland is pretty well off, so I'd say it's neat to live in one.

You'll just smile and hold my hand.

lmao this nigga poor af

Learn to colloquialisms you autistic faggot

The only truly first world countries are Nordic nations,Switzerland and maybe Austria.

Everywhere else has shitty, 3rd world tier parts.

Never.

>muh ps4 gaems

Honestly, visiting the US is like going back 20 years in time

Not third world, but second world at best

and I wasn't even in poor areas but somewhat white cities

>Mexico has free trade
no wonder you guys got no national industries and depend on the USA

If the Wire is to be believed West Baltimore is one of those places.

20 years ago your country was far better than it is now though

It sucks to be honest

All I know about your country is its geographic location and that it was colonized by Japan in the 40s. Why is it bad?

Sweden may have no true third world areas yet but plenty of second world(all the immigrant basically, Rosengård being the most famous).

Similar in all the other Nordic countries but perhaps not as many such areas.

Whenever someone says we're poor I simply slip a gentle smile remembering what was happening in the 90s. Compared to that I'm god damn Rupert Murdoch today.

Economically actually no we had a BIG crisis back then(far worse than 2008-2009 one) that was just starting to recover at that time.

Socially though yeah absolutely.

But wouldn't you say it was the same in the US? Better 20 years ago that is?

US peaked in the 50s, early 60s. It has been downhill since Vietnam

20 % of the world's spoken languages come from there.

They practice cannibalism and tribal warfare.

It was administrated by the Australians for 60 years, there is no coming back from that.

>20 % of the world's spoken languages come from there.
I knew that too, actually. I also think they have oil or rubber and that's why the japs wanted it

We are the 75 poorest country in the world, holy shit life in the top 20 must be a fucking hell, then.

I saw Ex Drummer. Is Belgium 3rd world?

It's alright considering.

It's pretty bad, especially when you know there's better things out there and your path to getting them is much longer. Seconding this I remember as a kid reading something about some volunteer dude that was helping some family who lived in a shack in the jungle somewhere and became friends with a guy there and encouraged him to succeed in life. Junglebro ended up visiting the US eventually, and when he came home he just an hero'd out of hopelessness knowing he'd never be able to make it. Whether the story it true or not I think about it alot.

this

I can really see some cannibal Liberian general acting like Omar tbqh

West Virginia and South Carolina are both third world

RARE