Any Sup Forumsentooman running bsd as a desktop ? If yes which would be the most suitable

Any Sup Forumsentooman running bsd as a desktop ? If yes which would be the most suitable

What hardware do you have, OP?

Enjoy your meltdown and spectre pwnage.

Using TrueOS (formerly PC-BSD) which is based on freeBSD

>what are mitigations?

OpenBSD if you aren't retarded. If you're afraid of the command line and can't read a paragraph of documentation, then just go back to Winshit.

Why had FreeBSD have to change their logo from a cute looking Devil to a glass orb?

They are both aesthetic. The orb looks rad.

Devil is the logo of BSD, Glass Orb is the logo of FreeBSD

>no closed source botnet drivers in the kernel
So nothing made in this decade works.

Everything on my ThickBad X230 worked out of the box except the wireless card, so I tossed in a supported one in the extra slot for $15.

Something Loonix doesn't have lmao

Thats so autistic

>it's autistic to want to connect to wireless networks on a portable computer
Get off Sup Forums now, retard.

Not him but you're the dumbest gentooman I've seen

no u

because even in tech christfags are superstitious idiots

OpenBSD is a better OS, but FreeBSD has usable graphics drivers. Both have good documentation in their own ways.

Also with OpenBSD you can just run -current and it becomes rolling release. It's very nice on supported hardware. Package selection is a little slim compared to Debian or Arch, but it has mpv, urxvt, and Firefox so most Sup Forumsentoomen can get stuff done on it.

t. nvidiot. Intel and radeon/radeonsi/amdgpu often get synced to OpenBSD faster than FreeBSD.

you're new around here aren't you?

yeah but, FreeBSD is littered with sjw heathens...

What do you mean? OpenBSD already has meltdown fix.

>Firefox
I've been using iridium and netsurf since Mozilla's been going down the shitter, but I'm surprised PaleMeme isn't in the ports tree. Seems like it's development philosophy is pretty similar to obsd's, so it's kinda weird/annoying not having it there.

Firefox acknowledges OpenBSD as a build target upstream even if they don't push binaries. PaleFur doesn't.

I use OpenBSD stable with cwm window manager since many months now, also tried Freebsd, but I felt in love with OpenBSD way of doing things and general community, the only applications I miss from Linux are a couple of open source games, so I will try to make ports for them to learn something in the process also

"the power to serve"

enjoy your noports and nowine

Same user here, also in the months I have using it, I have been seeing a lot of applications being ported, mostly games and general applications, so maybe in a few months there will be so few applications that someone coming from Linux misses

Noports is a matter of help, help with the ports you find missing... so, no for retards... and nowine is a feature... if you will use OpenBSD for its security features, you made a little research as for why wine will never work in OpenBSD

in both grsec and hardenedbsd root can turn off mitigations on a per-binary basis