Just installed linux for the first time. why is there really bad screentearing?

just installed linux for the first time. why is there really bad screentearing?

Cause you a homo

Are you blind? Did you even look at the video?

But seriously OP people obviously need a lot more info than that to help you

You probably don't have a composition manager. I use compton.

wow she's gonna start balding really badly later on.

Ehem. The open sources drivers for your graphics card probably suck ass. Install the proprietary ones. And use a compositing manager if necessary.

I want to colonize those nip women with my white seed

oh look, same poster as yesterday

Hold on there user. You can't tell someone to just go out and install spyware on their computer!

Which Linux distro has the best compatibility with gaming?

Unironically, any Arch based distro or Arch itself IMO.
For example Manjaro, Antergos, Archmerge, Anarchy, etc..

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Is that so? Are they easy to install? I was just gifted a pc that has Windows Vista installed and I don't feel comfortable using something so out of date.

Let me guess... are you using XFCE?

And you plan to game on that laptop? What are its specs?
To answer your question about if they're easy to install, I'd say some of them are, while others are not for beginners at all.
Manjaro (any of its editions), Antergos, and Archmerge are by far the easiest to install and maintain IMO.
If you want I could guide you through the install process, but again, what are you planing to game on a laptop that had vista pre-installed?

It's not a laptop. It's a normal tower. I don't know the specs or anything. I just want to play pretty regular games like Dota 2 and LoL.

If ure on nvidia u r going 2 hav a bad tiem wit lunix

It has a r9 270x as a graphics card

Sorry to disappoint you but LoL doesn't run natively on Linux, if you can't live without it then I can safely recommend you to install something like windows 7 (although it runs fine under wine I've never tried it myself).

If you can iive without it or you want to take your time to make it work then look for your pc specs and come back when you have them. I've nothing to do so I'd be more than willing to help you get your system running if you so whish.

I love this new shit, it's really triggering the freeshits.

Same with me. Though it didn't happen with Manjaro, it definitely did with Jewbuntu.

90% of the people on this board use Windows

>ywn witness asuka saito rimming hori miona
Just kill me

sodesuka

Do not listen to this faggot, for gaming the best distro are Debian or Ubuntu because they are the only distro tested by games developers. If you are a total brainlet choose Ubuntu, if you are above average choose Debian. Sure you can follow the faggot advice with Arch but it will be harder since you will need to install some packages manually to make some games working.

Because Linux is a meme, don't use it for desktop..

Because you're using X11. Use Wayland instead.