Audiophiles

youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk

Other urls found in this thread:

dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=r.e.m.&album=document
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102134
youtube.com/watch?v=c8ZNtccnqi4
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

damn thats sad. its easy to get caught up in hobbies that just widen the more you get into them. it pays to have your priorities in order. its like gamers with gamer accessories or any other obsessive hobbyist.

Vinyl is the homeopathy of audio formats.

Damn and I thought retards walking around wearing cans on their heads were taking it too far.

Glorious Nippon still taking shit further than everyone.

>has own power grid connection to reduce noise
>has a fridge in the same room
what the fuck?

>Vinyl is the homeopathy of audio formats.

Absolute and utter trash dickhead. Vinyl and hi-res digital vinyl rips are the closest you can get to the ORIGINAL MASTER TAPE IN 2018

- the record companies wont grant you access to their master tapes
- they have degraded with time
- even if you get a modern hi-res digital remaster there is a good chance it has been hammered in the loudness war. look at what has happened to REM's document over the years. A 24bit rip of the first pressing is as good as you will get... i know i have collected about 3TB of my favourite music ripped on high end gear.

dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=r.e.m.&album=document

Does that even reduce noise? How can electrons have different quality?

Those were two separate people. How shit is your ADD to not notice that they cut to a different scene?

kys audiophile

He's got an individual step down transformer that is only feeding his house. Induction motors and fluorescent lighting can feed noise back into the power system, by isolating himself behind he's own stepdown he is eliminating those sources of noise. Same reason for transformer decoupling in audio gear and test equipment.

Not to say he is not a complete autist, but the logic is sound.

nice numbers, facts, links and argument you presented there bitch nigger

The only thing worse than vinyl is vinyl rip. Absolutely atrocious quality.

I mean it's their money and people spend theirs on much stupider shit. The guy who can't open his fridge probably has some sort of mental illness though.

...electricity can't be "tainted".

In fact, if you care about electricity being "clean", just buy an UPS and put a faraday cage around your audio system.
This will prevent all electrical signals from outside, including EM interference, from getting in, and the UPS will have perfectly smooth energy wave-forms from the internal battery.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102134

Here. A perfect sine wave UPS.
No need for a fucking personal electrical pole.

>old music or music with live instruments
>quality
Pick one.

A well mastered CD absolutely demolishes Vinyl, but good luck finding those.
Faggots gonna compress shit just to sound louder.

Of course, there are many cases where the vinyl itself is mastered from a heavily compressed CD, which is the worst of two worlds in one.

Argument? I told you to kill yourself, audiophile.

>...electricity can't be "tainted".
see
But yes, a UPS is fine too. Most professional audio studios sit their gear behind several.

How much money you want for 3tb of this? What kind of music?

:))

>The only thing worse than vinyl is vinyl rip. Absolutely atrocious quality.

[PIC RELATED] go to

www.burningtheground.net

and download any flac rip from that huge 80's library and try in find a single fault in a single one ! do it faggot.

I like the second guy, fully dedicated on what he loves, living in a place full of what he loves.
I don't live in a flat but a big house, but it's full of retro computers and hardware in general as that's what I love.

This is true, but mostly because of stupidity.

>a UPS is fine too.
What are you guys talking about?

You realize that a UPS is a battery backup with surge protection? Your perfect sine wave only goes for battery backup, not when it's running off mains. You get the same dirty power but only with better surge protection and instant battery backup.

You want an actual power cleaner with a transformer that decouples it's whole output from the actual input, it keeps the power constant and removes noise from the wires.

vinyl:
static
skips
pops
cracks
hums
scratch

>all of that was on the master tape

>inyl and hi-res digital vinyl rips are the closest you can get to the ORIGINAL MASTER TAPE IN 1918
Fixed for you.

Expensive UPS don't have direct AC pass through.
The output is conversion from DC.

It's too bad 3tb of money can't fix your shit taste in music. The only music that gets mastered like that is top40 shit anyway

And the reason for this is because there is a failover time.
While this time can be very fast, some equipment won't enjoy even the briefest drop in power, so it is better to just supply AC from the batteries and charge the batteries constantly from the other side.

I don't think it's sad at all.
These men are retired and this keeps them preoccupied. I'd much prefer having a father or grandpa that does this over the zombies that I sometimes see at the local food supermarket, who are so bored and boring that they will try and make conversation by asking inane questions about produce to anyone who will listen.

What a ignorant and dumb bastard you are

You're right and wrong.
Technically, CD and other good-quality digital formats blow vinyl right away in terms of how well they can reproduce the original sound and how much dynamic range they are capable of representing.
But physical limitations for vinyl means producers can't squeeze the dynamic range nearly as much as they can on CD.
So what you have is a superior format being given really shitty, compressed music and an inferior format being given the less-molested versions.

every new vinyl has audio that has been digitally processed. putting it in vinyl format has no inherent quality improvement. the only thing that vinyls have going for them is that they cant be mastered to shit like cd:s can (though some of them are the exact same track but just quieter so it doesn't skip). properly mastered digital audio is the best option

>though some of them are the exact same track but just quieter so it doesn't skip
I didn't know record companies cheated like that. I hope that's not how most are done; that most see the absolute absurdity in that and just master it better.

the jap cant get into his fridge because he's went full autist on speakers. its sad. so is ur hypothetical produce person.

Post the best SQ file you got

all vinyl audiophile logic is built on the idea that there is a completely analog signal path back to the original mic, with no digital quantization happening in between
first of all, digital/analog converters have improved light years since 1980s/90s converters and their tricks
second of all, god-tier digital devices like the ultra harmonizer have been used in more mastering chains than audiophiles would like to admit, but they either cannot tell, or they know and are in denial

Vinyl is the homeopathy of audio formats indeed.
You audio sperglords pretend to know a lot about audio, yet you don't realize that your ear isn't a perfect-listening machine rather a LP filter with a ~40khz bilateral band.
You cannot tell anymore the difference in quality beyond 192kbps.

Go study Nyquist theorem before winning the pretend-award

no that "used" to be the argument back 10-20 years ago. us real dudes who have been recording our own stuff in 24bit/96khz for at least the last decade logically expected when hi-res content became available from the record companies we would enter a new golden age of hi-res - high dynamic range audio but nope, we got fully shit on and even the classics have the loudness of a britney spears track... they fucked us.

so the only way to get close to master tape is mint vinyl on high end rigs... alot of you may not know alot of master tapes have been lost or damage and alot of extra expanded material / remixes on proper cd's are vinyl rips... see icehouse "12 and more" for example

SQ ? whats that ?... as i told the other guy go to www.burningtheground.net grab any file you want and you cannot find better sound quality of that track anywhere in the world ... even if you pay for it

mastering engineers at the big record companies have invalidated any technical argument you pretend to have

>I found that I had long listened to music filled with noise
Then start listening to digital, you dumb cunt. The physical limitations of your precious vinyl is not giving you an accurate and perfect signal that a digital file would.

better buy 10billion worth of equipment that will reduce noise levels

>caring this much about equipment but give zero thought into the spacial acoustics of the room

What the actual fuck? What does it matter if you have expensive speakers if you live in a tiny hotbox full of shit? Isn't it already proven that speaker placement is extremely important to the quality of sound? Does this prove that audiophilia is a literal mental illness?

keep justifying that those thousands of dollars you spent on audio equipment actually makes a difference in quality.

Audiophilia is a (potentially financially crippling) mental disease.

>82 year old grandpa with degraded hearing investing in equipement that delivers audio he's incapable of perceiving
hilarious

the hi-res PCM / DSD vinyl rips i post on trackers have probably made thousands of people happy

go eat a bag of dicks you miserable person

niggers with bags of crack also made thousands of people happy, but does that meant they're objectively good?

>other crazy people in my community agree with me

Besides, if your relatives are obsessed with audiophile snake oil, it's easy to resell.

Also homeopathy makes thousand of people happy by giving them the idea that sugar candies and the cosmic energy can heal everything.
It's still a pseudoscience just like audiophilia

>listening to shit that actually passes through "record companies"
>not going on bandcamp and downloading flac directly from the artist

you cant download freebase cocaine for free from the internet.

opinion discarded. posts reputed.

I don’t get why he won’t just get his own giant battery and power shit off it without any interference. Some mid to high end amps do this, they have separate battery that they draw power from.

> listening to music made after 2012

milenial detected.

nope.jpg

>you cant download freebase cocaine for free from the internet
>he doesn't know

you can download the source code and compile cocaine from source
which is even better

It's not a pseudoscience you retard, it's science that you don't understand. Stop acting like you are smarter than other people because you don't understand things.
Audio, in general, is pretty straightforward, and actual vinyl recordings actually do contain better quality audio than cd or digital ones. Often times purely because recording company puts more work into premium vinyl recording than into other ones, but that's besides the point.
Incidentally, I never owned a vinyl or a turntable, and I never plan to. I don't invest or obsess over things that are outside of my hearing range, I just dislike fucking idiots like you. Kill yourself.

>not listening to Dance With The Dead, Perturbator, and Scandroid

That's how you end up as those depressing old sacks of shit.

Gunship are better

mitch murders best stuff was before 2012, same with alot of future city records, rosa corsa, and telefuture... its all next to my steely dan and mongolian throat singing ;)

>vinyl recordings actually do contain better quality audio than cd or digital ones.
You utter brainlet that's completely and undeniably false

The only sensible answer

youtube.com/watch?v=c8ZNtccnqi4

We know, but nobody listens to those cheap meme records in the first place.

So yeah. Nice argument.

>tfw blowing all my moneys and time and I don't even enjoy the music, and I can't even hear it to begin with

should have spent the money to fix their old man ears desu

very true, you find yourself spending 100's then 1000's and then 10000's

I can hear the difference.

I love some work, from DAW's.

Problem is that, it's been rendered in low quality, so it doesn't mean vinyl would anyhow help.

32bit/386kHz is kinda not that bad like CD when it comes to digital audio.

I think there can be difference even in players and CD's can sound good on certain players, even in their original quality, because it depends on how exactly it is converted into oscillation that excites speaker.

Even 320kbps MP3 can "Sounds Good" in music, because in Bass music, because you see the image, and you care about the story. Difference in exact sound can be really huge and exact sound is exact sound. I think that if you have 16khz sinusiod, and 16khz triangular wave is BIG difference. But 44khz let me use 3samples for whole wave, thus there is minimal difference.

What about "after a certain sampling frequency you cannot spot the difference anymore" you didn't quite get?

No you can't. Consider the following:
>Two identical cakes made from the same pastry chef
>One is labeled as 500$ the other 10$
>"muh 500$ tasted better"
No it didn't, it's your brain justifying the fact that it's 50 times more expensive.
The same with audio, the quality PERCEIVED by your ear is the same, but just the idea that it comes from a 100k$ it's enough to trick your brain into thinking that it must be superior otherwise it wouldn't had costed that much.

you might have 24/96 in your rented michigan basement but you know fuck all about what to do with it. i'm not talking about bit depth and sample rate. with top-shelf mastering engineers you would never know the difference between a CD and vinyl. related: roger nichols, tom baker.

>replacing kitchen with wall of vinyl
>eating only ramen heated from a kettle
that's commitment

Sometimes very severe I guess

>listening to music made after 1750
Postmodernist mason detected.

>You cannot tell the difference after 192kbps

Lmao I bet you never listen on good speakers which aren't digital

>>Lmao I bet you never listen on good speakers which aren't digital
>good speakers [...] digital
>unironically believe that exists digital speakers
that's some peak autism you got right there son

The compression bitrate has zero relation to the Nyquist theorem. Are you thinking about 192 kHz sampling rate?

192kbps is done with a sampling frequency of 44.1kHz, that's why I said it's enough
192kHz is just an overkill

Vinyl listeners are idiots and morons

No one wants to hear noise, skips and pops in their music

FLAC listeners are the smart people

the only reason that vinyl seems to be better than digital is because of the mastering, vinyl is much harder to fuck up than digital but at the cost of a higher noise floor and losing the highest frequencies

>192kbps is done with a sampling frequency of 44.1kHz
There is no such demand. Not even specifically 192kbps MP3 needs to be sampled at 44.1 kHz, and there are lots of MP3s that aren't. 44.1 kHz is just the most common sampling rate.

I meant the receiver but yes, analogue is better in any case.

>192kbps is done with a sampling frequency of 44.1kHz, that's why I said it's enough
the ignorance in this thread is astonishing, good luck with all of your superstitions

t. fm radio station producer

flac is pointless
anything above 256kbps is placebo.

>Perturbator
+1

yea, you talking science here, those niggas are talking magic right dere. Up your game sissyboii!!!

The best way to experience music is in a live concert, and yet that setting offers the worst audio quality. Even an orchestra playing in a good theater is going to sound objectively worse than a professional recording of it playing through half decent equipment. How do audiophiles reconcile that fact with their unhealthy obsession? At what point do they start loving sound waves more than music itself?

the blood of your wallet has to quench the thirst of international jewry from time to time.

I for one, enjoy listening to harsh noise with youtube on 360p setting with my 700 dollar audio setup headphones.

Small theaters have excellent sound quality. Nothing quite achieves that feeling like truly high quality headphones do.

While all modern judeofascist music (rock, rap, etc) sound bad live classical music sounds good live if youre not in some poor shithole country and you have a band shell or something set up.

Also Jazz, chamber music, choir music, and literally every other kind of music that benefits from not being reinforced.

Vinyl is worse than digital in every conceivable way.
The only ""valid"" argument for vinyl is that people prefer the feel / experience of physical media.

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)

>people prefer the feel / experience of physical media
true
i wish that there were vinyl records with digitally-encoded sound

Holy shit
As someone's whose entire music collection consists of CDs >1995 this sounds almost surreal to listen to
I didn't realise the loudness wars had affected dynamic range this badly
How the fuck did audio """engineers""" allow this to happen?

Well in my case, according to my audiogram, I have good hearing (too sensible actually) so I can justify spending lots of money on audio equipment.

But yeah, I am sorry for gramps who can no longer hear soft sounds at high frequencies.

Stop listening to pop trash.
Type 2 and above are largely unaffected by loudness wars.
Even regular Classical music is 99% unaffected.

pic realted

>y axis inverted
>loud sounds on bottom

>Vinyl includes CD
There ya go