Hackintosh General

How is your Hackintosh project going, Sup Forums?

Is your Mac OS install running on AMD or Intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
drive.google.com/open?id=1yZsNlSGKLXntdxU5p27vE0PJzEGmXCBy
tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-failure-nvidia-web-driver-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/
tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/
tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

Back to your containment site mactoddler.

I installed sierra on my x220, works well, but will not drive two monitors when used in the dock.

>will not drive two monitors when used in the dock.
>fagOS
GNU/Linux does not have this problem.

>sent from a hackintosh

I have no experience with Thinkpads, but it could be a kext issue. Did you put the proper graphics kext in /EFI/EFI/Clover/kext/other?

meant for

x220.mcdonnelltech.com/

If an external monitor is not automatically detected, open System Preferences > Displays and press the Option key (the key on the X220 keyboard). This will show a Detect Displays button which should make the external monitor show up immediately.

Commercial advertising is a bannable offense.

I don't understand, update to high Sierra?
I followed a video from the website. It works with one monitor, and will work with with one monitor + x220 display, so I think this is an issue with macOS, but not sure.

hackintosh threads are more relevant to this board than your Sup Forums-tier "battlestation" and GPU threads

This is my first time making a hackintosh and it has gone pretty well overall with a few bugs I'm hoping you call can help me debug.

Problems:
1. Analog audio (i.e. when I plug my headphones into either the front or rear 3.5mm port) is not working nor is the computer appearing to recognize the output device.

2. Shutting-down the computer results in a restart every-time.

3. In the "about this mac" display the Processor is listed as 3.6Ghz "3.6 GHz Unknown". The geekbench results both literally and via inference describe the chip as an intel i5-8600k, so I am less concerned about this.

Build:
- CPU: Intel i5-8600k
- MOB: Gigabyte z370P D3
- GPU: Gigabyte nvidia 1030
- MEM: Ballistix Sport LT 16gb (8GB x 2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
- HDD: Crucial MX500 500Gb ssd
- PWR: Rosewill Glacier Series Continuous 80 Plus Bronze ....600W

Installation: UNIBEAST
-High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88)

Post-Install Setup: MULTIBEAST
- Quick Start: UEFI Boot Mode
- Audio: Realtek ALCxxx->ALC887/888b (PERHAPS I NEED TO USE "200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch???)
- Network: Realtek->RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
- USB: 3rd Party USB 3.0 && Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
- Bootloaders: Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
- Customize: NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag && Nvidia Graphics Fixup
- System Definitions: iMac->iMac 18,3

*Installed Nvidia Web Drivers*

Pretty painless. A lot easier than when I tried back on Leopard.

Will try, cheers.

>gay fruity toy os
>tech
Back to /r/eddit mactoddler.

mcdonnelltech has guides for Sierra too for your thinkpad.

I tried to upgrade high sierra 10.13.1 (17B1003) to 10.13.2 stuck at installing as shown in the screenshot in attachments
I tried offline installer and gave me the same problem

it's stuck and no progress at all i left it for half hour and no moving forwarded at all
PS: capslock working when i press it on and off

Thanks

System : High sierra 10.13.1
Hardware info :
Grahpics :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB
CoreI7
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte HD97D3H

Recently I did a direct update to 10.13.1 and experienced a ton of glitchy graphics issue, which seemed to be the case with a lot of 6 series graphics cards on here. Yesterday, I did another direct update to 10.13.2 that resolved everything and I figured I would share my experienced.

First off, I uninstalled my web drivers prior to updating. This was unrelated to me preparing, but it seemed to reduce my former glitch problem. I'm not sure if uninstalling helped or hindered my process, but it was worth mentioning.

After the update, I was stuck in a boot loop. I was able to get into recovery mode, but I'm useless with terminal, so I did not make a lot of progress in that route. I was able to get run -x and get into safe mode, but I was stuck on the black screen.

This was just dumb luck, but after hours of trying to get past that black screen just to get to the GUI, I randomly decided to type in my password and press enter and miraculously, my display glitched on! another thing to mention is that I was running a single DVI display from my gpu. My intel graphics are disabled in my BIOS.

After getting in, I downloaded NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext and Lilu.kext. This part also took forever because I could not figure out how to get these texts into CLOVER>kexts>other since you can't mount your drive in safe mode. I eventually figured out that after downloading the appropriate Nvidia web drivers, I was able to boot into high sierra normally.

The only problem was that after about a minute or so, the system would reboot because I didn't have the proper kexts in place. So in that minute, I was able to mount my drive and copy the kexts over. Took me a few times, but I eventually got it! And then my system was good to go.

In total, I am using AppleALC.kext for my audio, FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. (I actually already had the Lilu.kext in place before updating, just to make that clear. Just didn't notice until after trying to drop it in the second tim

Ahh, didn't know that. Thanks!

This is my first time attempting a CustoMac installation, so apologies in advance if I'm missing something basic.

I created a bootable USB drive with the latest version of UniBeast (UEFI Boot Mode with High Sierra 13.2.07 downloaded from the App Store).

Mounted to a USB 2.0 with BIOS set to optimized defaults.

I set nvda_drv=1 after reading some posts here and that resolved the first error I was getting. Now I get through the loading bar under the Apple logo, but after that, I'm getting a Windows Server Error: Service Exited with Abnormal Code - ? I'm sure I'm missing something very basic here, I really appreciate any help you all are able to offer!

Screenshots of settings and errors:
drive.google.com/open?id=1yZsNlSGKLXntdxU5p27vE0PJzEGmXCBy

Build:
Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3

Finally took the plunge and gave HS a go, but without the APFS formatting.

All seems OK, eventually, but I'm having intractable problems with the USB3. I've read pages and pages on the topic but I'm old and the grey matter is thinning out with my hair, so much of it written by illuminati went straight over my head.

Is there a single 'black box' solution I can apply to coax it into action? Right now all the USB3 external drives which work OK on Sierra don't show up at all on HS.

Please... thaknks to all those who would like to paste a link and essentially tell me to find it for myself - please don't, It won't mean much to me and I need to keep an eye on blood pressure. A 'black box' solution with a kext or some lines in config.plist would be fine, esoterica is unlikely to help, I got lots of my own

I made a new hackintosh with High Sierra 10.13.1, and everything is running fine except one thing - Whenever I start Safari (or Chrome) the performance of the whole system gradually goes bad - browsing gets unresponsive, youtube or any other videos become choppy and laggy, but apart from browsing the whole system suffers - everything becomes unresponsive and laggy (Mission Control, scrolling through Dock, clicking reacts with delay, etc.)... As soon as I quit the browser the system immediately goes back to full performance. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Not OP, but this will be the same for the T420?
> I mean the installation process

AFAIK, they share the same chipset and processor family,

Please help me! Can't boot my High Sierra installer partition i have a fully working Sierra with ivy bridge cpu and imac smbios with working powermanagement (iMac SMBIOS) but when i trying boot to high sierra installer i have this error messages:
unsupported cpu for reporter and kextd stall "AppleACPICPU"
What is this??? Sierra booting fine!
I want CLEAN High Sierra install with APFS!!!
Please help me thank you. Screenshot attached.

I've got a Lenovo M710 Tiny i7-7700 with a 512GB Samsung NVMe drive (PM981 rebranded for Lenovo) and a 500GB WD5000LPLX HDD. I can install High Sierra to the HDD with no issue, but not to the NVMe. It gets about half way and then says something about the bless tool not able to bless the filesystem. I've tried both Unibeast and a vanilla install with clover and required kexts to install to NVMe
>I've got it booted and running on the HDD, but when I try to copy over to the NVMe via CCC, it gets about 20gb in and then the following shows up in log files and IO stops on the NVMe. I can read things but no writes occur.

kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status)
kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( fFatalState == false ) ErrorUnlock file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeController.cpp AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status) line: 4608
kernel ProcessingError
kernel
kernel ProcessingError
kernel file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeBlockStorageDevice.cpp
kernel line: 545

I've tried with vanilla IONVMeFamily from original install, IONVMeFamily and hackrnvmefamily both in SLE, just hackrnvmefamily in SLE (removed IONVMeFamily, but no NVMe shows up). Apparently High Sierra has native NVMe support, but it's not liking me so far... The NVMe was running Windows 10 previously with no issues, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I don't have another NVMe SSD to test out.

Hey Everyone,
Here are my specs to start off: Intel i7-4790k, z97x-gaming 7 MB, 32 Gb memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB

So far I have successfully installed a direct update from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2, though I needed to boot up in safe mode to get past the boot loop. I had the black screen for a while until I typed in my pass-code and somehow managed to get past it... But after installation completion, I can still only boot using safe mode.

***EDIT***

I installed the appropriate nvidia web drivers and can now boot my pc without safe mode. Mac starts up but now reboots a few minutes In. Any help on this issue?

**end of edit**

To my understanding, you can't mount your drive using EFI Mounter v3 2 in safe mode, so I cant add any kexts. I am unsure what kexts I have, but I think its only one.. sorry, I know that doesn't help a lot. I have been trying to make my way through this source: tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-failure-nvidia-web-driver-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

I have downloaded Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but I have no way of mounting my drive to add them in. Lastly, I uninstalled my Nvidia Web driver when I was in 10.13.1 because it reduced some glitching, so now I still do not have them installed. The mentioned thread has a list of appropriate web drivers, but I am unsure as to which one to download.

Do I need to just download the web drivers in order to get my system to boot properly? And if not, how do I manage to add these kexts in order to get past the boot loop?

One more thing, I dont have a clover configuration file. I only half way know what I'm doing here so any specific help and explained guidance would really help!!

my BIOS settings include:
intel graphics= disabled
VT-d=enabled
win8 features = Windows 8
CMS support=enabled; boot mode=UEFI only

Thanks!

While trying to boot the high sierra installer I received the following error:
Architecture couldn't be recognized! PMC_BOOT_0 = , PMC_BOOT_42 = 0x00000012 ; Attempting system restart...

I've tried to search the forum and the internet for possible solutions but none of the current ones work for me.
I've attached a picture of the verbose boot below and I will attach config.plist in a few.

[IMG]
(When I took the picture I used MacPro8,1, changed it back to iMac13,2 after taking the picture)

EDIT:
Some stuff that I forgot to mention:
I already have a working partition on the latest version of Sierra.
I have apfs.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder.
I have Lilu, nVIDIAGraphicsFixup, FakeSMC and NullCPUPowderManagement.

Added config.plist

I'd bet most of those funny issue posts from tonymac are from people who want macOS but have never even made something like an ubuntu usb installer before then attempting this shit. Great reads though.

Running High Sierra.
Mobo: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU: i7-8700k
Graphics: Zotac 1070 Ti
Internal HD: Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive - CT1050MX300SSD4
Ram: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400

Problems:
1) Audio not working.
2) Nvidia Card works once in a blue moon.
3) Ethernet not working.

After getting video card to work, then restarting, Mac OS will not boot.
It's almost like the EFI sector fries itself.
I could do nothing to the system nor the EFI sector and just reboot and the Mac OS will not boot anymore.
Doing nothing but trying to reboot without touching the boot arguments after a few tries it then boots.
But no video card working.
Sometimes it won't boot at anymore period.
So I copy back the EFI folder I kept as a backup before my changes.

I've had minor successes and then huge setbacks.
Last night I updated the BIOS on the mobo to the latest that MSI offers for that board.
At first I thought it made a stability difference, meaning an improvement.
I started from scratch and wiped the main internal drive.
Made a new USB Installer with UNIBEAST.
Installed the OS.
Boot from the freshly made OS on the internal OS.
Used MULTIBEAST with its default settings ( EFI Bootloader, iMac 14,2 identity, ALC1220 Driver ).
I install the Nvidia Drivers.
Reboot and shut off the USB Drive.
The System boots.
The video card is not working.
The Ethernet port is not working either.
Prior to the BIOS update, just getting here the ethernet would be working.

Then I try doing the extra steps I need to do to get the Video card working, and then Mac OS won't boot.
UGH!!!! This is so darn frustrating.

I found a post online about a Z370 gaming board.
He's claiming success and was kind enough to post his EFI.
I'm trying his EFI just as soon as I get home today.
Crossing my fingers.

This is my first time building a Hackintosh and I have gone through the early stages with relative ease. However, I seem to have encountered an issue with booting the software on my PC through the BIOS. This may be the cause of the problem, but I am attempting to Hackintosh a pc I currently own, which is an HP Pavillion Slimline s5-1240d (specs). After selecting the USB flash drive in the BIOS to boot and passing through the Clover screen, the slightly distorted Apple logo (without a progress bar) pops up on the screen... and stays there. I've left it on for a few hours and it just simply isn't working. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this problem and knows of an easy fix. Also, I am not looking to spend any significant amount of money upgrading the hardware on this PC; the main point of this project was just to get MacOS High Sierra running on my current PC, if possible.

>project
What project? Literary bought a shitty i5 office machine, popped in a nice GPU and SSD and installed macOS in less than 60 minutes.

Don't think it's really a "project".

For the people trying High Sierra and aren’t getting it to work, stick with Sierra. High Sierra is very buggy for hackintosh. I had problems with High Sierra, but Sierra works.

>doesn't boot with verbose
>just lets it sit for hours hoping for something different to happen

I have an issue with installation that I can’t seem to solve. I’m brand new to this and this hackintosh is the first computer I’ve ever built, so that’s where my skill level is.

So I got High Sierra to install and boot up and I installed the drivers from multibeast and tried to restart. After restarting the Apple logo would appear on the boot up but then the computer would restart before macOS loaded. So I thought I would try reinstalling the operating system. My boot stick boots fine and begins the install process, but in the part of the install process where I need to boot from my SSD to complete the install I get the Apple logo and then it loads for a while and the system restarts. I checked my BIOS and it looks okay. I tried reformatting the drive using AFPS and Mac OS X Extended Journaled and it doesn’t work. I’m at a loss as to what I should do. Please help?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X motherboard and Intel Skylake i5 processor

For some people it takes days to install as they’re new to Mac OS and kext. Also, not all hardware is supported out of the box

I have been trying for the past couple of days to get from El Capitan to High Sierra. I have followed the guide here and tried troubleshooting but I am at a complete loss of what to do now please could I get some help?

PC spec:
CPU: i7 6700K 4Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 (micro ATX board)
GPU: AMD MSI R9 390X 8Gb
RAM: 16Gb DDR4

These are the steps I've followed

Downloaded High Sierra from Mac App Store (It wasn't the full download its file size is about 19.5MB)
Updated Clover EFI bootloader to latest version
Mounted the EFI volume using the provided tool
Moved FakeSMC from Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
Downloaded apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Installed High Sierra then rebooted and at clover boot manager selected install Mac OS from El Capitan (my drive name)

The result of all of this is the Apple logo appears and the loading bar gets about half way and then the circle with a line in it (prohibited symbol) appears and the light on my external HDD goes out. I have tried all my USB 2.0 ports as suggested in other threads on this forum and regarding BIOS having integrated graphics disabled doesn't make a difference and vt-d is already disabled from previously installing El Captian

I've tried this process in Verbose mode and this is the output:

I have been trying for the past couple of days to get from El Capitan to High Sierra. I have followed the guide here and tried troubleshooting but I am at a complete loss of what to do now please could I get some help?

PC spec:
CPU: i7 6700K 4Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 (micro ATX board)
GPU: AMD MSI R9 390X 8Gb
RAM: 16Gb DDR4

These are the steps I've followed

Downloaded High Sierra from Mac App Store (It wasn't the full download its file size is about 19.5MB)
Updated Clover EFI bootloader to latest version
Mounted the EFI volume using the provided tool
Moved FakeSMC from Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
Downloaded apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Installed High Sierra then rebooted and at clover boot manager selected install Mac OS from El Capitan (my drive name)

The result of all of this is the Apple logo appears and the loading bar gets about half way and then the circle with a line in it (prohibited symbol) appears and the light on my external HDD goes out. I have tried all my USB 2.0 ports as suggested in other threads on this forum and regarding BIOS having integrated graphics disabled doesn't make a difference and vt-d is already disabled from previously installing El Captian

I've tried this process in Verbose mode and this is the output:

Gonna guess he fucked up on video drivers. About half way though the load bar is when those load.

This detective shit is fun

If you are using High Sierra, then Mac OS will convert your Mac OS partition to APFS unless you change a flag in the terminal or add APFS kext to clover.

Building my first hackintosh and my specs are as follows:

x99 deluxe Asus
Intel 5820k
Firecuda 2tb hdd
Nvidia 560ti
Corsair ddr memory

Ive been battling with different boot flags all night but no joy. First time i tried to boot i actually hit the apple logo but it would not proceed to load any futher so i started trying different flags. Now the furthest i can get is this phrase:

imac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pusing respawn out by 10 seconds

I have no idea what this means and i'm about ready to give up. Anyone have any ideas?

Make sure you follow Tonymacs guide and avoid APFS. And always use -v verbose mode before every installation step. 100% working.--also some computers need to completely shut down instead of rebooting. Don't know why. They need to load the files that way.Also most importantly, make sure when you're about to do the "install High Sierra on Volume" make sure you do not have "nv_disable=1" enabled on boot options, other wise you'll have the error and instant reboot because of "glolockscreen"
__
After trial and error I found a way around the causes and effects of why me and possibly others have been encountering error on either Clover with no Mac High Sierra Installation; Or, High Sierra Installation Prohibited sign; Or, MacOS direct upgrade to High Sierra hanging on blank installation screen, or prohibited sign.

First off, it is just as what P1LGRIM told me. So I would like to send my apologies to P1LGRIM my ignorance. "You cannot create a High Sierra USB drive without an Official MacOS. Otherwise it would be illegal and also most of the time unsuccessful."

This means that a faulty MacOS drive will not install the full 5.2 GiG High Sierra file and instead sends you a file that's around Kilobytes or something. Illegal "Patchers" will not work. (Unless you prove me wrong.)
The effect of all this is when your finished with unibeast and boot into your USB, you won't find any installation to boot to. In other words, an empty clover boot menu.

Second, you need to either use a MacOS Seirra you own and or a "duplicate" of that MacOS Sierra in order to have the privilege to be able install the complete High Sierra update into a boot able drive.
-- when I tried to install High Sierra via USB I needed to use verbose mode. Without an active verbose mode, the installer would show a prohibited sign.

I have had an issue for last 2 days that I cant get on top of since upgrading from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13.2.

Every time I log in I get 2 error messages;
1) "Your computer was shutdown because of a problem" (with the 60sec count down to reopen apps or cancel)
2) and a "Your computer was restarted because of a problem" with a dump report which I'll put below.

I have also used the "gen_debug" script to collate problem reporting files.

I didn't have such issues on Sierra but since moving to High Sierra I just cant resolve this issue.

The system I am having problems on is my -=Desktop=- build on my profile. ga-z77x-UP4 TH with UEFI using clover EFI. I think the problem is due to a USB 2.0 Hub and so maybe a hub injection issue since the rewrite of usb stack? I'm getting really lost going in circles now. Also I have been using the default SMBIOS 14.2 iMac but in my last stab to resolve moved to 13.1 SMBIOS iMac as my 7 series mobo is a 2012 release. Seems to have made no difference.

If anyone might be able to cast an eye over my debug logs and all its most appreciated. Probably does not help that I have the Flu and cant think straight. I have searched and search and the closest I come is some others having this issue but found it was related to their ALX ethernet kext which after removed solved teh issue. I have a RealTek RTL 8111 and no issue (although I do find since High Sierra that file browsing to other Hackintosh or true mac seems to slow with spinning color wheel for few minutes every navigation. Strange and next issue to sort).

Updating to High Sierra fails on my configuration.

It seems, my config is not too common, and I am not sure what is causing the problem - I might just be missing something.

"Specials" I am using:
i5-5675c with internal graphics
M.2 SSD ADATA Premier SP600
and with that iMac16,2 system definition.

It has always worked great until I tried to install the High Sierra Update.

When staring the update process, the system reboots from the Boot MacOS X Install part of my drive and panics relatively early.
It seems the crash happens in "cleanup_installer" - see below.

Any ideas what I am missing - or what I should change?

Thanks in advance,
Rudolf

You might need to add kext to your efi partition on your flash drive or use a custom installer. Find kext for your hardware

>First off, it is just as what P1LGRIM told me. So I would like to send my apologies to P1LGRIM my ignorance. "You cannot create a High Sierra USB drive without an Official MacOS. Otherwise it would be illegal and also most of the time unsuccessful."

So do these guys with 1k posts over there just pull shit out of their ass all day replying to every post? That doesn't even make any sense, legit Mac or barely hobbled together VM install will download the same file. Like what?

>it's another fagos circlejerk, spambot fiesta, and newfag /r/edditard macbabbies that expose how clueless they are episode
Kek

I recently updated my computer to high sierra from sierra. I was able to get in to the OS, but after rebooting, the apple logo would load to about half way and keep rebooting. I can sometimes get around it and into the OS in Safe mode, but I've never seen anything like this. I attached the hanging prompt and config.plist. I know that some of the kexts I have are not needed, just not sure which ones at the moment.
Kexts in 10.13 folder:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AppleIntelE1000e
AtherosE2200Ethernet
AtherosWifiInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
HDMIAudio
IntelGraphicsFixup
IO80211Family
Lilu
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTL8111
USBInjectAll

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170N Wifi
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Hello everyone out there,
at first , sorry for my bad english .

Here is my problem :
I tried to install Sierra or High Sierra on my PC but it doesnt work.
The boot stick is created and the bootloader works.
But after the boot is finished shortly before the bootscreen with the apple logo will come,
my Monitor turns off and my PC reboot.
Maybe i did anything wrong, cause im a beginner in this Hackintosh thing :D.

can anyone give me a step to step Tutorial how i can install Sierra or High Sierra on my system?
Its the second time i tried to setup a Hackintosh, first time a friend of me install Mavericks on my system so i think it must be possible :D .

here are my system specs:

Motherboard : Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
GPU : Asus engtx560 dcii
CPU : Intel I7-2600
DDR3 : 12 GB

Here is a pic from sys-info:

sys info 1.JPG
sys info 2.JPG

and here are my Bios settings:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

hopefully anyone can help me ....
thank you for your time :)

Hi there, hate to have my first post creating a help topic but here goes nothing. Please approach with caution, massive noob (hackintosh-wise).

So I followed the guide for High Sierra, created my bootable installation USB drive for HS, and everything works fine up until I have to format my drive (in this case a Samsung 850 Evo mSATA) to Macos -whatever- Journaled. When I press erase it gives me the error in the title. "Couldn't modify partition map" and it fails.

I searched the forum and the interwebs quite a bit, but none of the problems seems like the one I have here. I tried to preformat my drives as empty and "unallocated" using a win10 installation usb, my drives seemes "unmounted", so I went back and via the win10 installation usb I formatted them. Now they seem NTFS in the HS Drive Utility, and they are mounted, but now I have this error popping up when I try to format them (by them I mean only the SSD, I don't even know if the HDD will be visible in MACos in this state) according to the guide.

System:

AsRock H110TM-ITX
i3 6100T
8 GB DDR4 Ram
120 GB Samsung 850 Evo mSATA SSD
750GB WD Scorpio Black HDD
Intel 7265 AC Wireless card

Any advice? I attached a picture of how things look.

If the advice needs to be complicated in any way, please give an explanation too. As I said, I am a complete and utter noob to this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I tried to format my HDD to HS format, and it worked just fine. I get this error only on my SSD. Is it a problem it being an mSATA drive? I've done everything in UEFI bios as the guide said. Anything else maybe?

I recently updated my El Capitan system directly to High Sierra. No issues during upgrade process, but after upgrade I have had intermittent freezing issues with my machine. This happens 2-3 times/day - the display locks up and any audio output ceases. Fixable only via restart. As far as I can tell, there are no kernel messages that show up at the restart. Here is an example:

Code (Text):
$ log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start 2018-01-15
2018-01-15 09:06:12.223376-0500 0x18b Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (CoreStorage) CoreStorageGroup::handleOpen() called, client , access 3, state 5, client is a lv = n.
2018-01-15 09:15:15.000000-0500 0x0 Timesync 0x0 0 0 === system boot: 7E926235-A715-4BEB-B612-6F9DF8F5EE02
With the freeze occurring at ~09:15:00. Doesn't seem to be messages in system.log that correspond either. Here's the most recent:

Code (Text):
Jan 15 09:11:40 iMac Google Chrome[312]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[mach_recv] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Jan 15 09:11:46 iMac FinderSyncAPIExtension[370]: Pipe path is a symbolic link, connecting to target.
Jan 15 09:11:46 iMac FinderSyncAPIExtension[370]: /Users/exark/Library/Application Support/Google/Drive/GoogleDriveIpcPipe is a symbolic link to /Users/exark/Library/Group Containers/google_drive/tmpd9R88u, connecting to link target.

Attached Files:

config.plist (7.1 KB, 3 views)
list_of_kexts.txt (18.6 KB, 4 views)

>You cannot create a High Sierra USB drive without an Official MacOS.
You can easily do that on Windows. Get Mac OS and restore your USB flash drive with transmac. It will make your flash drive into a Mac OS install USB.

>mactoddlers are so brain dead they cant even pass a turing test
L
M
A
O

I am desperate with upgrading my build to High Sierra. Any help would be highly appreciated.

My configuration does not seem to be very common, even though I quite like it, and it did not have major problems up to and including 10.12.6.

When trying to upgrade to 10.13.1 or 10.13.2 I get kernel panics when rebooting from the Install part of my system disk after starting the upgrade/install.

The verbose output of my boot (when not allowing a restart upon panic):
IMG_8510.jpg

It seems the panic occurs in cleanup_Installer:

Code (Text):
Process: cleanup_installer [67]
Path: /macOS Install Data/*/cleanup_installer
Identifier: cleanup_installer
Version: 1073.8
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
Responsible: cleanup_installer [67]
User ID: 0

Date/Time: 2018-01-04 17:37:49.650 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G1114)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 3878DCFF-CC3E-ADEB-AB0E-D389E0F4127D

Time Awake Since Boot: 2 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _syslog$DARWIN_EXTSN
Referenced from: /macOS Install Data/*/cleanup_installer (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 dyld 0x000000010ab3f9ee __abort_with_payload + 10
1 dyld 0x000000010ab3f43b abort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 90

based redditposter

Hello,

I just tried to update from El Capitan to High Sierra. I followed the direct update guide and had several issues. First the installation would not complete, as the loader froze. I restarted the computer and it tried again, but did the same thing and would not complete. I restarted a second time and now I am stuck at my motherboard splash screen and it will not proceed past that. I cannot get to the clover boot screen. What do I do? Please help.

You don't need High Sierra when Sierra is still being supported and updated by Apple. Also, High Sierra has an exploit. They may of patched it, but it is also buggy on certain hardware. Just because Sierra works on your hardware doesn't mean High Sierra will also work on your hardware.

I want o update my system definition from iMac14,2 to iMac 17,1.

My Hackintosh works pretty well, except the new updates doesn't appear in the App Store, and the computer never sleep and when I select to shut down the computer it always reset (I have to switch off with the physical button). Finally I have an intel 6700k. Those are the reasons I want to update the system definition.

I have tried updating using multibeast and choosing iMac 17,1, but I got a black screen and then a reset when the system os is loading. I used ketbeast with the lilu ketxt and the Nvidiagraphicfixup.ketx before the update. Must I do something else?

Hi i follow steps for high sierra clean installation using unibeast 8 or disk maker but same problem always.
I arrive to screen where choose language but when i choose and i click on "install" my installation stop!!
I' ve seen report log and i attach here. I think there is a problem about mount disk... can you help me?
Os sierra works good and before i tried to update from Sierra to High sierra. Many time but it works! So i change idea for new clean installation but now.. problem. Thank you!

THIS IS LOG INSTALLATION.

Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[0]: InstallAssistant
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[1]: -NSDisabledCharacterPaletteMenuItem
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[2]: YES
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[3]: -AppleKeyboardUIMode
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[4]: 2
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[5]: -AppleLanguages
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[6]: (zh-Hans)
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac InstallAssistant_springboard[551]: argv[7]: -RunInOSIEnv
Jan 10 13:19:26 iMac Unknown[529]: objc[551]: Class OSISSystemInfo is implemented in both /Volumes/Image Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/MacOS/InstallAssistant (0x107d86ec8) and /Volumes/Image Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/OSInstallerSetup (0x1167f1ab0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Tonymac spammer is truly the hero Sup Forums deserves.

I had a Hackintosh working perfectly on High Sierra 10.13.0. Ran a security update 2 days ago (2017-001) and I'm now at High Sierra 10.13.1. It says there is another software update available, but no matter what I do it won't install. It says it installs, it goes through the progress bar, and reboots the computer,.... but it doesn't update and the software update still shows up in the app store.

But my biggest problem is that I can no longer skip the Clover bootloader screen. After this update, everything in the EFI mount disappeared. Clover no longer skips the boot loader screen, and I have to press a key to confirm which drive to boot from. This is a problem because I have a bluetooth keyboard and therefore I can't press any button because bluetooth is not enabled until OSX boots up! So I'm using a USB keyboard in the mean time.

I created a new folder on the EFI mount and placed a new config.plist file there.
EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist

I do not think it's reading this file! I have set the default boot volume to the correct volume, and checked "Fast" loader (I verified I have the correct volume name, I also set the time out to -1, 0, and 1 with no success. I tried setting the "CustomLogo" to "Alternate" to see if I can get the config.plist file to register any changes to the boot process. But that didn't do anything.

What am I missing? I have no idea what to o or try next. Any insight? Why did the EFI mount have nothing in it? Is it normal for an update not to install through from the app store?

If you need help with installing Mac OS, try
Tonymac or insanelymac if you have a intel processor

Or

Go to AMD-OSX if you have a AMD processor. There are also discord channels you can go to if you need help. I can also try to help, but I can't help 100 people at once. One at a time.

Hello all -

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.2 on my Hackintosh, and pretty much everything is working flawlessly except sleep. Here's what happens:

1) Invoke sleep via Apple menu command
2) Monitor goes blank, after about 5 seconds, the CD-ROM drive audibly recalibrates, fans and motherboard power turn off and the system power indicator blinks.
3) After one second, the system power indicator comes back on solid, and motherboard & fan power is restored. The monitor remains off.
4) The system remains in this state until I tap on the keyboard, and the monitor wakes up, and I log in successfully.

Ideally I'd like the system to TRULY sleep, meaning that the motherboard power & fans turn off, and REMAIN off, until I wake the system.

I've attached what I believe are pertinent files. Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

pbrandao likes this.
Attached Files:

config.plist (5.8 KB, 9 views)
Console Output (sleep filter).pdf (30.6 KB, 5 views)
Hackintosh.ioreg (6.1 MB, 6 views)

CheeseGrater II PRIME Z270-A | i7 7700K | GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hi guys,
I'm building my first ever CustoMac. I'd like to first thank all for this fantastic website and resources.

So far, I have managed to install High Sierra on my desktop with Clover. However, I can only boot High Sierra with the USB drive plugged in (and set the USB as boot priority 1 in BIOS). After installing UEFI with multiBeast and unplugging the USB drive, the computer will enter boot loop (possibly due to kernel panic). So I replaced the EFI folder in High Sierra with the EFI folder from the USB drive, and it now boots normally without the USB plugged in. I just want to ask what is the rational behind this? Why only the EFI from the USB drive works?

By the way, another thing I found is my setup only works with HFS file system, but not the APFS. If APFS is used, it will enter boot loop regardless which EFI folder I use. Any explanation for this?

Any ideas and comments are appreciated!

Cheers!

**Update**
I was able to get audio working but not the graphics (HD630). I have tried with multiBeast, but no luck. Please help! Attached is my EFI. Many thanks!

Sup Forums killed my hackintosh thread. I will try again later.

Booting stuck at
ioconsoleuser gIoscreenlockstate 3
After high Sierra update.

My gt 730 worked fine before with el Sierra.

Solutions tried.
tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/
But no luck Everytime I install Web driver mentioned in that post it re brings this gIoscreenlockstate 3 error.

Latest clover installed.
Lilu.kext + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext installed

Please help me

Really need some help!
I'm having a problem. I downloaded the new Clover v2.4k r4220 and added the files as described in the original post of this thread. See screenshot below. I'm selecting the boot option as seen below in the screenshot of the clover screen. When I select that boot option you can see the error I get, something about, "too many corpses!" Yikes.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I don't know if this is important or not but when I go to the Apple menu and select about this Mac, nothing happens. I also can not load the Terminal program. Something is amiss with the system. But I'm typing this on my Hackintosh running the second to last update to Sierra.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

FCEA862D-5E3D-4041-B65D-865E21BE7AC8.jpeg (3.7 MB, 1,024 views)
058A6755-A320-49B0-84FF-ACB801065BB6.png (146.2 KB, 991 views)
96777CC4-372D-4505-A2E4-DCC051E13657.jpeg (5.9 MB, 730 views)

PJ's Hackintosh GA-Z170X-UD5 | i7 6700 | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC

Hello everyone, first time builder here and I could use some help. I've built my first CustoMac Pro but my screen is freezing when trying to boot up with my graphics card enabled.

Everything was working pretty well except my EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC was only showing 256mb of VRAM. I followed some of the suggestions on here and turned off the Nvidia Injection in Clover as well as Disabled onboard mobo graphics.

It appears my system is freezing up right when it would normally switch over to the right graphics/resolution on boot up. If I turn off the Nvidia Web Drivers in Clover it'll boot fine but won't utilize the graphics card. If I switch over to Nvidia Web Drivers in OS X and restart it freezes again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys !

Here is my config :
Gigabyte z270x-Ultra Gaming
Intel i7 7700K
no graphic card
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 250Go
SanDisk SSD Ultra II 960

First, I tried El Capitan but didn't worked due to compatibility issues with the motherboard and CPU.
Now, I can run High Sierra, the installer is showing up but when I try to erase my disks in the disk utility manager, they're not here, I can only find my external disks.
Any tips ?
AHCI is enabled in my BIOS, so I don't really see the problem. Is it something I can manage by adding some kext files or efi files ?
I've attached my ziped plist and clover config without themes if it can help.
Please tell me I won't have to buy SSDs again...

Thanks for your help

EDIT : Solved problem, it seems like I was a bit in a hurry, after 10 minutes the drives showed up.
I followed the tutorial till the last part and I was able to register my mackintosh and everything but when I finally reboot it after the multibeast settings, it is now rebooting endlessly... Seems like it'll never be over ...

Attached Files:

CLOVER.zip (1.7 MB, 3 views)

Hi,

i have two hackintosh that won't upgrade to the high sierra after following guide. the high sierra installer finishes the first phase suspiciously fast then restarts. both then start into existing macOS.

things i tried so far:
the guide
usb installer - unibeast created
new downloads of high sierra
system definition checked to ensure high sierra support
removed supplemental graphics down to integrated on i3-6300
el capitan -> high sierra
sierra -> high sierra
clover direct download
high sierra multibeast clover

having significant boot issues with the newer clover, fixing that by using clover from el capitan to load the hfs+ boot sector, then tried something else.

specs:

build 1: Sierra
Ga-z170x-ud3
i3-6300
gigabyte rx 460 4 gb (fans do not run in Sierra - over riding by hard ware... fan wire into fan controller)
will take suggestions on how to fix this too but not issue at hand
16 gb ballistic sport
Samsung evo 850 - 250gb m2 on board
case features: usb, front panel audio, dvd rw, fans, fan controller, corsair h55 water cooler

build 2: El Capitan
Asus p5p43td pro
core 2 quad q6600
ATI HD 5670 (reads as a HD 5000 - works well)
4gb kingston
PNY Optima 120GB SSD (flawless install, behaved than the samsung evo during initial install)
Case features: Usb, front panel audio, fans

I have underlined the issues that i suspect to be the problems.

Hi all, would appreciate a little help. I built my first Hackintosh several years ago on an ASRock H77M and that wasn't too bad so I decided to build another. This one is killing me. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have reinstalled multiple times but can never get it to boot from the hard drive.

Components:
GA-H270N-WIFI
I3-7100
8GB PC4-17000 2133MHz RAM - Patriot Single Stick
Samsung 850 EVO - 250 GB

I used the current version of UniBeast to build my USB installer and that worked perfectly. It finishes and then I can boot via USB and use clover to start HighSierra on the SSD. The problem starts with MultiBeast. No matter what options I pick I just can't get the thing to load. I have reinstalled numerous times and tried a variety of things in clover boot options with no success. Can someone give the minimum settings in MultiBeast to get my setup to boot from HD? I can fix audio, etc later if I can just make some progress

Work in Progress, Almost finished GA-H270N-WIFI | i3 7100 | HD 630
ASRock H77M-ITX H77M ITX | i3 3225 | HD 4000

Hi.
I am running this hackintosh since 10.8. and once I got the hang on clover, never run into problems with major upgrades. Until now.
On my first try with the installation, I put FakeSMC into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13, which did not work.
I found tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ and learnt to put it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and put apfs.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Now booting (in verbose mode) runs a while but in the end, I am stuck at

Com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

with a timestamp in front which, obviously, refreshes every 10 seconds. thats it. nothing else happens.
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: tried it with multiple clover releases, actual one is 4297

PeachPro GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | Xeon E3-1245v2 | GeForce GTX 680