This is what I get for using AMD

this is what I get for using AMD

why the fuck can't I have nice things

My AMD shitbox does not have this problem.
Don't care if other people do or that it sucks ass.

literally only happens with battlefield 1
of course I play it for 2 hours earlier and it's fine but no, it just randomly does this

YOU HAV A COMPUTA WIRUS SIR

Does it "randomly" do it or are you saying "randomly" because you have checked the fan speed/temperature of the card, usage of the card, voltage of the card throughout the game and couldn't find a fault?

Reminder, ignorance doesn't make facts.

>know what causes the error
>call it something else

>microshit windaids
>vidyaids

Just buy an Xbox kid.

RIP AMD

>The video card has been physically removed from the system
Put it back and stop taking it out

it's literally random
temperature usually sticks around 65-75, the fan runs like it should

the only cause is some pajeet code in BF1
it's the only game I ever have problems with

>waste money on a inferior product to play games in a inferior way
fuck you

I'm not touching it, it's the pajeet code in battlefield

My R9 Nano had driver crashes all the time, but otherwise it ran games fine. I RMA'd it and haven't had driver problems since then.

>bad code written by unrelated coder
>FUCK YOU AMD, YOU DID LITERALLY NOTHING BUT FUCK YOU

Almost any application has the ability to crash the graphics driver with this error, some even do this on purpose. Overwatch, for example, will crash your graphics driver if it detects screen recording software that it doesn't know about. It's not AMD's fault.

GET OFF OF MY BOARD

>my
Fight me for it, nerd

So you acknowledge that it's the fault of the game code, but you're here shitting our board up with this bullshit thread? That's what you get for using BF1, not AMD you stupid cunt.

You are the cancer of Sup Forums. Kill yourself at your earliest convenience.

is your card overclocked? the frostbyte engine is pretty picky bout that

>using Intel

Overwatch does that?

Yes, try MSI Afterburner's inbuilt screen recorder, it'll crash before you can finish a game. Unless Blizzard noticed it and patched it already, which I doubt.

>our board
Who died and made you Moot, faggot.

>no driver

> implying "our" defines individual ownership
> implying the boards would not exist if we were not directly/indirectly paying shekels through ad serving and passes

There's.. well, several things you should look up user.

It's not YOUR board. You don't speak for everyone here.

Now go play your bing bing wahoo cardboard game.

What did they mean by this?

You need to buy better cable pajeet

My hd7970 started to get too hot just while trying to watch oriental cartoons with madvr. It used to hover around 50 degrees, but now it'll shoot past 90, and sometimes freeze the pc.
Is it time to upgrade, or should I just roll back the drivers until I find the one that used to work?

The new adrenaline drivers are shit. Why does amd keep doing this to me?

this is what you get for using meme-x12
stop playing niggerfield

>The video card has been physically removed from the system
Maybe you should try not physically removing it from the system.

>Dx11 renderer
>is DirectX12's fault
fucking nigger retard

It looks like your mouse cursor needs to be defragmented.

that error only occurs with dx12. check again.

A modern GPU should be able to use DX12, especially after the AyyMD shills pushed it so hard here that DX12 worked so much better on AMD cards.

Clean fans, replace coolpasta

it's not the gpu it's the game

>Clean fans, replace coolpasta
I did that. Currently I underclocked, undervolted, and set the fans to max while trying to remember which driver worked perfectly.

Mass effect andromeda? I've had the same problem on my GTX 1080

>Still using 17.12

Occurs with defectx 11.

t. wewuz player

>AMD driver is programmed by pajeets
yeah not surprised

AMD drivers are shit as always. What do you expected.

I now avoided AMD graphics like plague after their driver fucked up laptop's switchable graphics and now AMD stopped drivers update and deprecated it. Microsoft's Window drivers are more stable than official drivers.

>winblows 10
fuckin retard

>DirectX function "Dx11Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Also OP, try doing a fresh install from DDU.

I have an RX560
haven't had a single problem

>bought a 480 a year and half ago
>below MSRP
>never had a single issue with it
feels good, doesn't it?

I have quadruple checked it's running in DX11 mode nigger

>Also OP, try doing a fresh install from DDU.
I did that, hoping it works but that's what I said the last time I wiped the drivers with DDU and then it crashed

>have rx460
>have reinstall winblows
>not a single driver worked, neither the oldest nor the newest or any in between
>grabbed my old 7870
>installed oldest driver cause remembered that installing any newer always failed
AMD has to stop hiring currys and get the shit done

Sell it to some mining cuck and buy Nvidya.

It be cursed

shut the fuck up, this bug has been a thing for ages and AMD STILL FUCKING HAS NOT FIXED IT
had it ton HD5000 series, HD7000 series and now on a 480
how lazy can those fucks be

are you on windows 7?
I had the problem for years on amd gpu's, it seems to be gone in 10

My GTX 770 gets the same fucking error.
It's a bug.

i had it on both 7 back then and 10 now
happens ever week or so, and the only temporary fix is to run magnifying glass in the background which fixes the cursor
it's just baffling that this has been a thing for so long now

I haven't had it so far in 10 with my 480

> now he's implying "our" = "your"
How can you even type with all those dicks in your hands?

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

well, good for you
if it happens, just launch magnifying glass like i said

how well does that work? just keeping it open fixes it?
if it works I guess it's a decent workaround

>AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS
They do have drivers. It's just you need to find the right one that gives you the least issues even if it's not the most recent.

yeah thankfully nvidia never have errors...

yeah, just keep it open in the background and the cursor goes back to normal

>this is what I get for using Windows
FTFY

its apparently a well known issue and EA essentially said "go fuck yourselves"

It is see

so glad i got a 1080 cheap

only downside is that it cant clock over 2ghz for some reason

AMD's recent drivers are trash. I still use 17.4.4 with my RX 480, although I hear 17.7.1 is free of the most recent issues too. I play a lot of Overwatch and anything after 17.7.1 dramatically affects frame rate. My GPU usage is nowhere near as steady at 100% with newer drivers and FPS dips during fights are obvious. With older drivers, FPS is consistently high and there are no noticeable dips. Newer drivers also have serious FreeSync issues, like the desktop flickering badly when a game is open in windowed mode. I have none of these problems with older drivers.

On top of that, Overwatch randomly crashes with any driver between 17.7.2 and 17.12.1. Took them 6 fucking months to fix that issue.

18.x is out now nigga

Still worse performance than 17.4.4 my friend.

>I play a lot of Overwatch
Hahaha. Opinion discarded.
>Overwatch randomly crashes with any driver between 17.7.2 and 17.12.1. Took them 6 fucking months to fix that issue.
Same shit happened on nvidia cards but i dont really expect such kind of person to know, heh.

Why is AMD so fucking shit when it comes to driver support?

>Same shit happened on nvidia cards but i dont really expect such kind of person to know, heh
I have gpus from both manufacturers now, and my gtx 1060 never gave me any problems like my amd cards have.

my GTX880M has the same issue. Nvidia's GTX760 and GTX880M (same thing) was affected, they both suffer from the same - basically this issue.

And I am fine with that, it's an old piece of shit GPU (5 years old). But the Rx480 is not. What the fuck, AMD?

Exactly it's a brand new card, its only replacement is a factory-overclocked version. Crashing in one of the most popular games around for 6 months is unacceptable. I love the card itself but the driver support is so bad; they keep adding new features which sound great but when they also break the driver you can't fucking use them anyway.

>earliest convenience
sensible_chuckle.mp3

That's what you get for buying AMD. Anyway, try using DDU and reinstall the video driver.

I am the GTX880M user and I am disappointed in AMD as well.
> buy 7870
> BF3 runs fine finally
> Linux drivers suck fucking ass
> BSD drivers don't exist
> games randomly have glitches, driver issues
> no PhysX or Gameworks
> card broke after 1 year

Only good thing that came out of it is that I had to use hashcat to unlock my father's phone. So, I just used the card - back then only AMD could hash/crack. But yeah, it was a pain otherwise. Since then I had a 1060 in my desktop it works like a charm. I mean I keep my fingers crossed and I am hoping AMD will once show up with something good... and Vega 64 for example could be awesome. But it should cost maybe 300$ to be a viable option.

go back

And that's why Sup Forums is universally hated.

>Kill yourself at your earliest convenience.
My nose made a noise

> no PhysX or Gameworks
those are nvidia only, you will never see them on AMD

here's your driver dev bro

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

When I had my Fury, whenever I wanted to do anything post-Crimson, the AMD control panel would freeze for up to a minute whenever I'd apply new settings, and sometimes when I wouldn't, and also liked to close and disappear from the process list/taskbar at random. The only reason I even used the Crimson panel to begin with was due to the fact that Radeonpro was fucky with newer drivers, does it STILL do that?