Does Sup Forums calibrate their displays?

Does Sup Forums calibrate their displays?
(All squares should blend in from a distance btw)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824011066,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, every time I reapply my thermal paste

No, because you can get used to any color distortion.

Low standards much?

My display is factory-calibrated

*blocks your path*

unless youre doing professional color work it doesnt fucking matter, our eyes adjust to small shifts in color

Use this next time OP. You can actually damage your eyes if your monitor isn't calibrated according to this image.

I bet you'd also say microstuttering and low FPS doesn't matter in singleplayer games.

Stutters don't occur in real life, unlike color changes. Our brains are literally designed to compensate for inaccurate colors.

Monitors change over time.

You need to re-calibrate every couple of months.

Have you degaussed your screen today, Sup Forums?

This. Try setting the color balance on a camera to any fixed point and try it in different lighting.

Incandescent bulbs are all orange, cloudy days are all blue etc. Yet it looks fine to our eyes and we can tell what color things are.

Literally how is this an argument an objective improvement?

They can't compensate for programs assuming that the output of a certain color value is the same as that of a certain black-or-white pattern covering the same area, and the monitor failing to deliver that.

This is critical for various little uncommon things, like antialiased font rendering.

Have I degauss an OLED?

Fonts look fine with f.lux. Subpixel rendering is cancer.

But the orange circle on the right *is* bigger

Bamboozled.

Are these from some troll optical illusion site?

Yes.

Fuck you for making me actually open GIMP and analyze the image

How can this be possible? This kind of staircase can't even exist in real world.

It does in eastern european apartment buildings.

Eh?!

It an optical illusion bro

I don't. I just remove green and blue and enjoy my desktop communism.

Red and black are anarchy's colors.

I calibrated my TV once

Actually yes, I did calibrate it. And everything looks surprisingly good on this cheap-ass Philips IPS monitor.

If this gif is flashing REALLY FAST then you're doing something wrong

It's flashing around 2 times per second. What this is supposed to measure?

Black is anarchists.

Red and black is a bunch of fucking commie trash LARPing as anarchists.

If blue light is bad for your eyes is this the best for your eyes?

Blue isn't bad for your eyes. It's the brightness that's bad. Adjust it to your room's lighting.

It actually repairs them

Your monitor is properly calibrated. It's called pixel-walking iirc and what is does is when specific colors are arranged in a specific pattern they start flickering for some reason and it's painful to look at.

>someone says that colors on my monitor should look some certain way
And why exactly should I give a fuck? I will use what makes my eyes and brain feel better.

Looks like a bunch of CRT "pixels" dancing

It doesn't even move. I'm using a CRT tho

How to make the disco floor effect stop flashing, anons? I'm using a laptop with 1366x768 res.

I'm using the cheapest laptop screen replacement I could find, haven't calibrated it, and it doesn't flicker.

>kick_butt_optimal_illusions
Really now?

Feeling agitated my friend?

That's because newer ones rarely even do that

Sort of... I have two Acer K242HQL monitors TN panel 60HZ newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824011066, bought at the same time, both have the same manufacturing week date yet one of them has a very yellowish look.
I don't have calibration hardware so what I did was download a bunch of .icc profiles from monitor reviewing sites until I found out one that looked nice(ended up going with a profile for a Asus ROG Swift PG279Q)
Then I just messed around with the monitor settings until I got both to look the same.
Accurate? doubtful but definitely better than stock settings.

lol, the box with the 1 pixel squares are all green on my monitor.