Zen+

This is why I never buy the first version of a product, Ryzen is fine but + is the definitive version, virtually same tech but optimized, polished

Doing this with VR.

And who the fuck cares, it's the same socket so you can get Zen+ and sell old Zen or just put it in the box. If you actually care enough, because I sure as fuck don't.
Not everyone here is as underage as you and limited by allowance and Christmas/Birthday money.
Usually newer things are better (technically), if you follow this logic you will literally never be able to buy anything because you will always hold out until later.

Why not wait for Zen2? Why not wait for what comes next?
With this kind of mentality you'll keep waiting and never buy anything.

You're right OP. This doesn't change that Ryzen was the best thing to buy at the time but if you don't actually need to upgrade then waiting is always the answer.

>waited forever for ryzen launch
>decided to wait longer for vega instead of rx 580
>waited for vega and it sucked
>polaris was too expensive by this time so no fallback
>didnt want pascal because nvidia
>now even nvidia is too expensive
>ram too expensive
>by the time ryzen+ rolls around everything will be even more expensive
>when zen2 comes out ill probably be dead

im never going to get ryzen

Never wait.

Zen was a great leap in desktop multithreaded performance.
Zen+ is better, of course, but the difference is not that significant compared to what Zen offered at launch. It is pretty much the same architecture but in 12nm instead of 14nm, after all.

>losing $50 to stay on the bleeding edge of a shit architecture

inb4 you're one of those faggots who tries to sell his video card for 95% cost

Not quite right. Picking and riding on the right advancements would last you quite a bit like waiting for Sandy Bridge instead of a nehalem in 2010. Zen vs Zen+ isn't much of an improvement but waiting for Zen2 on 7nm would be a better option as now we know there will be new Ryzen revision every year. This is of course you already have an adequate system, if you don't have one or in need of an immediate change waiting is not an option.

This. Current VR headsets are full of gimmicks and drawbacks and it is better to just wait for the new gen that will propably end up being cheaper to appeal towards masses.

You'll get 10-20% more perf tops out of it.

Not counting how much of a effect will higher clocked memory have, which might be significant.

>200mhz
>10-20%

amd freeshills are on a war path

+200mhz on an engineering sample
And the other user might be using multithread performance.

Waiting for Raven Ridge Thinkpads so I can ditch my old rMBP for a better Linux machine.

Because "mhz" is the only way to gain performance, on a ES no less?

I've been waiting to build a gaymen pc since 2013.

Next gen HMDs are going to be even higher resolution, so will require even more GPU power. I wouldn't call a GTX 1080 and up aimed at the masses.

2009 here

How much better is Zen+?

No they'll support foveated rendering with eye tracking to reduce computing needs.

Not sure what you're trying say.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Here's what'll happen:
Improved ipc by 2-3% and 200mhz faster out of the box (kind of like when intel claimed performance gain from skylake to kabylake)
But it still won't oc past 4.1-2

And now amd takes intel's practice of 3.5% generational performance gain and fanboys shoot themselves in the foot again by buying and cheeeing for the underdog

Screencap this so i can say "i told you so" when z+ gets here

AMD stated that they tweaked memory controller and related timings for better memory OC and performance in general. Zen+ also has the new precision boost system in play that works more like what Intel has.

The ES in sisoft scores slightly better than a 1600X, ends up around 8-10% better IPC as it stands.

Anyhow kikes are truly mentally deranged, almost like they forget the clocks the Qualification Sample 1800X.

Yeah 200mhz isnt going to be shit. The dofference in performance betweenan oced 1600 and a stock 1600 is like 5% at best

yes goy, sell your old processor for an insignificant bump in performance.

You should wait for zen 6+

I'll probably end up waiting for Zen+ or possibly even Zen 2 simply because the performance jump is so small. I still have a 3570K. I want to buy a new computer for a long time but I just cannot justify it so I end up waiting and waiting and nothing ever comes that is a true gamechanger.
Sure, getting tons of cores on threadripper would be nice.. but it's just 'nice' for a very expensive update. It's not something I absolutely need because it's the next generation. I want a jump like HDD->SSD.

>tfw $100 r7 1700.
i'll buy 2 and mine monero.

>But it still won't oc past 4.1-2

nigga, you'll be lucky to get to 3.7 without some liquid nitrogen. especially if (when) you fail the silicon lottery

Any 1600 OCs to 3.7 or more on the stock cooler, though?

>If you actually care enough, because I sure as fuck don't.
Can you underaged retards even read?

>Get the Ryzen 7 1700 for $190
>Cucks tell me that buying the $300+ 1700+ will be worth it for the extra 200MHz

I already have this thing at 4GHz on air, I don't need the + version.

I've never seen a 1600 that can't go past 3.7. You must be retarded.

2005 here.

I've never seen one that can, I've seen Sup Forums faggots like claim so, though

DELID DIS

Just wait™

don't even need higher res, just get a proper RGB stripe on the current highest res displays and they're generally good enough

Feels interlinked ;_;

Yeah, now that I have a 1700 I don't plan on upgrading until 2020 when DDR5 is a thing.

Unless of course AMD makes their APUs even better (proportionally to what's out at the time) and I want to jump onboard the integrated graphics train (handcar).

yeah well generation two will only come if people buy generation one. you can always "wait" indefinitely and get a better product. Does that mean you should just use shitty old hardware forever because you're in perpetual wait?

>This is why I never buy anything buy always wait for n+1
See you when you post this next year but with Zen2 in the post.

That's low powered base clocks, to keep it under 65W, so at full speed it's probably another 200MHz on top

>don't even need higher res
Well it's happening:
>the Vive Pro comes with dual OLED displays and a combined resolution of 2880×1600. That’s a 78% increase in the number of pixels over the regular Vive, which had a resolution of 2160×1200 (4480000 pixels vs 2592000)

fuck off chinks. samsung already had the same panels in the odyssey VR

Are they bad panels?

They're made by samsung so why would they be bad? They're still going to be pentile and not RGB though, which means you're missing subpixels and have more screen door effect. HTC needs to fuck off with their pricing though. The samsung is selling now for $500. Vive Pro will probably be close to double that.

I set up a 1600 and 470 4gb build for my dad last year and OCd it to 3.805 at 1.28 volts and he hasnt complained about crashes or lockups in 6 months.
Its on the stock cooler too, which I dont like but seems to have no issue.

>your anecdote proves nothing blahblahblah Im right youre wrong lololol
shut up nigger, 1600s can hit 3.8 regularly.

At least with AMD you can replace your zen with zen+ without having to buy a new motherboard.

>vega sucks

I feel bad for you, either that you are so gullible as to believe that, or that you are so desperate that you spread such lies for money, or that you are so pathetic that you would lie for free.

just wait for the 8core APUs to come out

> Buy incremental insignificant bumps for premium shekels
> Don't buy leaps
The post.

Held off buying Ryzen solely due to RAM speed problems. Are they solved?

Clearly you weren't informed then, so you definitely aren't now.

RAM speed has been solved for at least half a year, in time for the R5 launches.

So you're telling me it properly runs at 3200 now.

Depends on your mobo.
A few of the lower end B350 motherboards are hit and miss but the higher end B350 and X370 should all be stable with the latest BIOS updates.

Is waiting honestly ever fucking worth it, unless the new stuff is literally a week away?

I can't wait for Zen+. Looking at the 2800x. When Zen 2+ comes out, I'll get that for 2nd rig.

tfw 3000MHz peasant