>Lumia 950/950XL: Decent image processing

gsmarena.com/vidcmp.php3?idType=5&idPhone1=8712&idPhone2=8161&idPhone3=7262

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=4&idPhone1=7262&idPhone2=8720&idPhone3=8523
gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=1&idPhone1=7263&idPhone2=8720&idPhone3=8523
flickr.com/photos/cameralabs/7187427552/in/album-72157629704764172/
flickr.com/photos/cameralabs/7187378844/in/album-72157629704764172/
dpreview.com/sample-galleries/7409422084/ricoh-gr-ii-samples-gallery/0264763032
4.img-dpreview.com/files/p/TS4928x3264~sample_galleries/7409422084/1165292352.jpg
cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/reviews/17/samsung-galaxy-note8/camera/gsmarena_069.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too bad
>no apps

else I'd consider buying one

>iPhone X: Washed out colors, aggressive noise reduction filter, blurry trash

>Google Pixel 2 XL: Washed out colors, aggressive noise reduction filter, blurry trash

>Lumia 950/950XL: Decent colors and image processing

AHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAH
*wheeze*
AHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Why is it that samsung can't produce a phone that takes quality pictures? Why is the note 8 (s8 too) hot garbage?

My axon 7 takes better pictures lol.

IT JUST KEEPS ON HAPPENING

I'm actually impressed they managed to get clear shots out of the note 8, it's still hot garbage.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>decent colors
that day, OP was truly a faggot

Is this a joke? Colors are wrong, noticeable loss in detail. You're delusional

the 950 looks worst here

>12mp sensor sharper than 19mp sensor

That is objectively a bad picture they used for the Lumia 950 for the new good light test. The old test proves it does best.

Yea I noticed that the low light was much better for it. On the same note the axon 7 has about the shittiest camera for low light and once again, the note 8 + s8 are still hot garbage.

>improve test samples and conditions
Nah guys older test was the best I swear

Nice try faggot, neither the Lumia 950 nor the Pixel 2(or any phone released in the last few years) has samples of the old posters. There's ISO 12233 and 2 samples of the same poster, one in good lighting and one in bad lighting.

In conclusion, OP was a faggot today.

iphone8 > note8 = pixel2 > iphoneX = s8 = V30 = pixel

everything else is trash

This is the new ISO test.

Lumia beats the S8 and Pixel 2.

Notice the vivid, accurate colors on the Lumia 950 and normal image processing, and the aggressive sharpening, noise removal, and overall washed-out colors of the competition.

The Pixel 2 blows anything else out of the water. It's totally unfair.

>vivid
>accurate
I don't have a reaction image for this

You're all dumb. Those are VIDEO tests, i.e. video stills are being compared there (notice the "vidcmp" url OP posted).

Pic related is the actual image test (piccmp).

gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=4&idPhone1=7262&idPhone2=8720&idPhone3=8523

point and shoot photography was a mistake
dumb phones are the only noncucked phones out there

We are aware. Video matters less than photo.

>The Pixel 2 blows anything else out of the water
actually, take it back

iphone8 = note8 > pixel2 > v30

and when you take into consideration that note8 is the only one with actual optical zoom (not digital), really makes you think

Another photo test. The ISO 12233 test.

gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=1&idPhone1=7263&idPhone2=8720&idPhone3=8523

Compare it against HTC U11, it would get rekt

>Pixel 2 vs Lumia 950
>low light because that's the best way to see if it's a good camera or not
>950 is absolute trash

really gets you thinking

People give this much of a shit about cameras? I thought I was on Sup Forums not /photography/, why the fuck do people care about the fucking camera, who the shit cares

Interesting fact: i have literally never taken my pic and have never uploaded to any social networking site.
I cannot even imagine having Instagram account.

> why the fuck do people care about the fucking camera

I don't know, probably when they witness a crime and they want take a pic/record a video as well, or take a picture of a bill or a school book assignment because they don't have a scanner around, or take a pic of notes on a projector screen/chalkboard (when allowed)... so they probably may want the best quality as well to capture maximum detail.

I didn't think people this anti-technology and retarded existed on Sup Forums. Geez.

>not /photography/
It's just /p/, fage

Not bad. The HTC U11+ is even better, it did pretty well in low light!

you can get a $300 phone that can take pictures and videos of all of those things with a perfectly reasonable level of detail. any imrovements to the camera beyond that are just extra fluff to hike up the price. if you want a camera buy a fucking camera

>you can get a $300 phone that can take pictures and videos of all of those things with a perfectly reasonable level of detail.

Nobody is questioning the price of smartphones here, you numbnuts. Stop trying to sidetrack the original argument to save your face.

This is your original (and stupid) argument:

>if you want a camera buy a fucking camera

>no apps
>not being able to upload to dropbox/onedrive/google drive, etc
>not being able to collaborate in any fucking easy way

>user thinks ideal phone costs $300
>average point and shoot costs $100

Why not buy fucking phone for $400 that does a better job at taking pictures and phone calls then, you goddamn retard?

>b-but there's android point & shoot cameras!

Not an argument.

>hurrr duuurrr we'll never need more than 8 bits of ram durrr

>8 bits or ram

>save my face
user i'm arguing anonymously online i dont care about my face right now

so 1 byte of ram then

fuck you

Buy $50 worth of cindicator and you'll be able to afford a Pixel 2 next month op.

>muh apps

You can buy phones with virtual money?

>buying a phone for the camera

>buying a phone

>buying

>

>>

Pixel kills it here

i'd rather not buy low quality mid-range phones though

Too bad the platform is dead and soon won't even get security updates.

Did you even look at his picture before posting your reply?

Calling the iPhone8 better than the Pixel2 when you get results like that is a laugh in and of itself.

>Video matters less than photo

Who takes videos on their phone you trog

literally everybody who goes outside

LMAO virgin
No one takes videos unless its snapchat and those all look like ass so I don't know what shithole you live in but who the fucks taking videos everyday? I guess you're probably just a cuck so you have to be able to film tyrone in 4k 60fps

>No one takes videos unless its snapchat and those all look like ass so I don't know what shithole you live in but who the fucks taking videos everyday?
The same people taking photos everyday.

So faggots then? Buy a real camera if you're taking photos everyday you fucking gook

>So faggots then? Buy a real camera if you're taking photos everyday you fucking gook

Sup Forums memes have ruined your brain. Seek medical assistance.

I have a D7100, so I dunno who you are talking to.

Also, the best camera you have is the one you have on you.

t. soyboy

>soyboy

>I prefer google to post-process my images

the amount of post processing that is visible in that image is atrocious and you should kys if you like it

Windows phone really had so much potential, the UI was superior for a phone

>the best camera phone
sounds like "the finest tasting piece of shit"

stop eating turds and getting your dick in a knot while comparing turds

/p/ would shit all over these tiny sensors either way. Phone cameras are a fucking joke.

this

>>if you want a camera buy a fucking camera
>>no apps
>>not being able to upload to dropbox/onedrive/google drive, etc
>>not being able to collaborate in any fucking easy way
Most digital cameras have easy ways to connect to your phone so you can do all that with whatever app you have installed already.

Yes, there are pocketable cameras that take infinitely better photos than these and cost much less than an overpriced 32-core goytoy most people use to check fucking Snapchat.

the fact that all of you faggots actually care about the camera on your phone proves you know shit all about photography and cameras in general

>Yes, there are pocketable cameras that take infinitely better photos than these and cost much less than an overpriced 32-core goytoy most people use to check fucking Snapchat.[citation needed]

Post examples of cameras that take superb pictures below $100. I might buy one.

different guy, but even my $170 camera from 2012 can shit all over current flagship phones. Its a Canon A2300 but i wouldn't buy one if I were you because its pretty dogshit

The problem with windows phone is the lack of applications even for a basic user. I'd prefer buy a decent camera than this thing.

>my $170 camera from 2012 can shit all over current flagship phones.
>Its a Canon A2300

It doesn't look good to me.
flickr.com/photos/cameralabs/7187427552/in/album-72157629704764172/

My phone takes better, sharper pictures.

looks like you may have terminal autism

flickr.com/photos/cameralabs/7187378844/in/album-72157629704764172/

>below $100
Nah, those are utter garbage. A $100 phone wouldn't have 32 cores anyway. The phones being posted here are close to the $800 mark though, and for that price you can get a decent Sony, Panasonic or Canon mirrorless.

The shittiest of the mirrorless have at least a sensor 5 times as big as the highest end phone camera in the world.

Looks very average even outside. Most flagships take equal or better pictures.

Most flagships shoot in 4608x3456 res?

here's a random pic i took with it

>The phones being posted here are close to the $800 mark though

The Lumia 950 for example shoots in 5344 x 3008.

>poor resolved detail
>noisy
>color aberration
>visible lens distortion

Honestly, no one would noticed if it was taken by an iPhone 6 or your camera. There's literally nothing your camera does that a modern flagship doesn't.

>nothing your $100 camera does that a $900 flagship doesnt

These look like garbage. Check out a real pic taken by a Ricoh GR II, which btw is cheaper than a Pixel or a V30.

dpreview.com/sample-galleries/7409422084/ricoh-gr-ii-samples-gallery/0264763032

The whole "find me something under $100" point is moot because the phones in this thread are stupidly expensive.

Your camera can't play games, you can't listen to music on it, you can't use it as a GPS, you can't make phone calls, you can't use your favorite instant messenger, you can't browse the web. Sup Forums is strangely backwards.

>your camera cant play games
also you're retarded if you think you need the rest of those things IN A FUCKING CAMERA
people like you are the reason phones are so fucking shit

You could buy a $300 phone and a $500 camera too. You don't really need to spend more than $300 on a Facebook goytoy, do you? Either way, the whole point of this thread is comparing phone cameras and literally making a purchase choice based only on that, which is fucking stupid because all phone cameras are complete dog shit.

What camera can rival a Note 8 and still be pocket portable

>suggesting a $700 camera

Bad advice. It takes very average pictures. The quality of this night shot is laughable:

4.img-dpreview.com/files/p/TS4928x3264~sample_galleries/7409422084/1165292352.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Note S8 takes better pictures at night and costs $800.

cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/reviews/17/samsung-galaxy-note8/camera/gsmarena_069.jpg

lel the s8 is grainy as fuck in the dark

Look, it's cumbersome. I like taking casual pictures and I will not buy a stupid $500 point and shoot and carry it around when phones that cost around $600 take equally good pictures and have the added extra of all the features mentioned here and then some.

You are severely senile, old-fashioned, anti-technology, antiquated, unpractical. Your advice is a joke.

>equally good
LEL!

And I might add that if one is looking at taking semi-professional pictures - because point and shoot cameras are amateur tier photography and no better than today's phone cameras - one should consider buying a mirrorless camera which actually takes decent pictures.

Sup Forums ancient dinosaurs are pretty bad at advice.

It's visibly better than your Ricoh tho.

>equally good
You're paying out of the ass for a fake illusion of quality. You could do just as fine buying a normal phone for less than $400. But since you are posting in this thread and defending a phone model based on its fucking camera, you must care about pictures more than you actually think.

>You are severely senile, old-fashioned, anti-technology, antiquated, unpractical.
I still use my phone for casual snapshots with good lighting. I didn't base my decision of buying it on some shitty ass camera though. I do care about image quality and I have the equipment to do so when I need to do so. And I certainly didn't pay 900 dollars for a piece of shit that's useful only for instant messaging.