Korea to the rescue

Korea to the rescue.

5k displays are getting cheaper.

guru3d.com/news-story/iiyama-releases-a-5k-monitor-for-just-eight-hundred-bucks.html

Other urls found in this thread:

iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-xb2779qqs-s1/
nytimes.com/2018/01/21/technology/inside-amazon-go-a-store-of-the-future.html
guru3d.com/news-story/iiyama-releases-a-5k-monitor-for-just-eight-hundred-bucks.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nevermind it is actually a Japanese company. Always thought they were Korean.

>5120 x 2880
you will need binoculars to read text, dropped!

This won't have the impact that "Korean displays" had a couple of years ago. First of all, that price point is a non-starter for everyone except people who really need it or retards who fall for memes. More importantly, that resolution is useful for 4K editing, a niche professional use case. Also only OS X can do HiDPI properly at that resolution

call me when 1440p 144Hz IPS displays are affordable

Get a Mcjob

not an argument

Why is HDMI deprecated?

DisplayPort: max.5120 x 2880 @60Hz, HDMI: max.3840x2160 @60Hz

*calls you in 2015*

nani

HDMI is meant for TV's.
DP is meant for computer screens.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

pretty sure LG offers those at mid-tier prices.

>only OS X can do HiDPI properly at that resolution

Gnome can do to

>
>>only OS X can do HiDPI properly at that resolution
>Gnome can do to

>screen tearing

>27"
you need at least 42" for 4k

>I'm really dumb

That's very honest of you, user.

t. poorcuck who doesn't use 4k

protip, I use 65" 10bit HDR TV as 2nd monitor, it's in 2 meters from me and it's perfect. If I'll want to replace my primary screen that's in 80+cm from my face I'll get 40+ inch panel.

stay poor, stay informed by internet and not your own experience. gl in life, loser

What? You can run things on 200 scaling you fungus.

Why would I want a small screen?

>no thumbnails in filepicker
dropped

Haha, what an insecure little toad.

>5k
>Not letting me play more demanding games at upscaled 1080p without horrible artifacts

Dropped

Why are they jumping to 5K instead of 4K when the majority of content will be produced for 4K?

Because applel meme

>almost $999 for a fucking display
U wot m8
My flawlessly good BenQ with VA and all shit is about $100

>BenQ
>1080p
>VA

You're right, that really is all shit.

Before suggesting 200% scaling, please consider the following. I currently have a 27" 1440p monitor. If I were to buy a 27" 2880p monitor, I would need to set it to 200% scaling (that is, 1 logical pixel becomes 4) to have acceptable text size. So I would be back to a 2560x1440 logical resolution. My screen would be sharper, but it wouldn't allow me to do anything (open more windows, see more lines of code simultaneously) that I can't do already.

Now if it were 54" and 2880p, I would be interested. More space for productivity, more impressive for gaming/movies, and I could still effectively convert it to a HiDPI 27" just by sitting much further back. That kind of display doesn't really exist yet, but Nvidia's 65" 2160p monitors sound quite close.

>IPS
Fuck off and die already LG

Still waiting better technology than IPS

>korean monitors

Enjoy your dead pixel.

>benQ
>1080p
>VA
>flawlessly good

why even use a desktop if you're using a shitty monitor?

Yeah, these panels sound like the ones Apple rejects during testing for their 5K iMacs

iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-xb2779qqs-s1/
>Display colour 16.7 million
This is about as good as the imac 5k displays.

This monitor will only be useful to post as a rsponse to that one "apple is expensive" image with the retarded pcpartpicker comparison build..

>nytimes.com/2018/01/21/technology/inside-amazon-go-a-store-of-the-future.html

i own a iiyama and it is decent.

some turd threw a frisbee at it at LAN. i sent a grovel e-mail and they replaced the monitor. for free.

pretty based...

>guru3d.com/news-story/iiyama-releases-a-5k-monitor-for-just-eight-hundred-bucks.html
>$800
This monitor was supposed to be sub $600. Of course now I can't find the original article that claimed $600.