I need a good replacement for my GTX 780. right now GPU prices are absurdly overpriced...

i need a good replacement for my GTX 780. right now GPU prices are absurdly overpriced, so i need help finding a good upgrade to my old 780 that died a few weeks ago. im using a GTS 250 atm and it cant even sustain 1080p twitch streams.

GTX 1080 is kind of out of the question atm, way too overpriced because of the bitcoin mining situation. someone told me to get a 1050 or 1050 TI, but those cards are less powerful than the GTX 780 isnt it? i was also looking at the 1060 but that also seems overpriced atm. basically im looking for something under $300 that will just be flat out better than the GTX 780 even if its just slightly better.

so any recommendations?

intel integrated gpu
>inb4 asspain

whats wrong with intel integrated?

I got a GTX 1060 in December for $175.
>Check craigslist
>Check offerup
>Check other classifieds

Not sure how good a 780 is, but I upgraded from two 2GB 960s in SLI that ran like a 980 with 2GB of RAM. The 1060 is about on par with a 980, I think the 1050 is comparable to a single 960.

Just stop crying and buy a 1070ti.
If a third worlder like me can afford one so can you.
How poor can you be?

its $449 atm...

my 780 died last year, I bought a 670 for £60 till the next gen comes out

Get a used 970 and wait for this whole mining nightmare to end.

This. Get the same card, or older. Don't buy used AMD cards because they're miner dumps, with all sorts of fucked up fans and what not.
Or see if you can get a GTX 1050Ti 4GB for a sane price, that should last you a while.

Look, friend, you either go with the entry level card that miners don't want because it can't hash or you let retailers fuck you raw on the better cards. A GTX 1050 can hold you down if you only do 1080p 60fps gaming.

I can sell you not 1 but 2 GTX Titans

gigabyte seems to have a seller on amazon thats selling a 1050TI for 289. should i run with that?

>its $449 atm
That's even better, stop crying.
I paid 3x that where I live for the same thing and it wasn't even the minerfags fault.
If I could find it for that price here I would have bought two.

its being sold on the nvidia site for that much and only when its in stock. everywhere else its 900-1.2k. you have lost your god damn mind kiddo.

At this point of the year I'd wait for next generation GPUs from both Novideo and AyyMD

All I'm saying is that user (you) most likely, is crying about muh expensive card. Stop crying and just buy it. If you don't have money don't.
How hard is it to get that much money where you live?

You must live with your mom and dad and off of their CC if you think you can just throw away money without taking into consideration your other financial obligations kid.

paying 900-1200 for a GP that should only be 300-400 AT MOST is lunacy regardless of the money you have on hand. stop being retarded, grow up, and learn how to manage money.

>Being so poor he can't just pay that much on a GPU.
user it's not even that much, fucking kitchen appliances cost 10 times more, jesus chris, man.
Just take care of your stuff and make your computer last, let's say 5 years and those 900 bucks on a GPU won't even hurt you on the long run. Don't be that guy which makes a new pc every year but has to blow 300 bucks on a shitty GPU every now and then.

Stop crying you little bitch, I'm from Argentina.
4 month ago I got the chance to buy a strix 1080 for a fucking good price, and guess what, even with that fucking good price it was still 685 usd.

Now quit bitching about it, save just 3 or 4 month if you have a job (if thats not your case, then fucking get one) and buy it.

>im using a GTS 250 atm and it cant even sustain 1080p twitch streams
Mah nigga, I used that card for nearly 5 years up until June of 2017, it even ran GTA V on medium at 900p at 30/40fps. If your computer is having problems with 1080p streams it certainly is something else, because I know how that card handles shit like I know the palm of my hand. Btw, it even ran Crysis maxed out, don't remember the fps tho. It was a good card, but I'm so glad I finally upgraded, it not having DX11 means that anything that came out in the last 5 years was literally unplayable due to incompatibility. On the bright side I had a shit ton of games to play when I upgraded.

What the fucking fuck?

I bought this card a month ago and the price has more than doubled?

COINFAAAAAAAAAGS!

im not saying its a bad card, but its a old card and its age shows alot. even playing league the stuttering and spikes i often get is annoying. i got the card in 2009 and stopped using it in 2014 when i upgraded my PC. was a great card to play SC2 on for a good while.

even when im playing honey select the FPS lag is severe unless i turn down some graphical settings. its painful. i notice drops in FPS. sure you can play crysis on it, but why play it when you are getting 20-30 FPS? it tilts me.

You are trying to hard.

Nothing will be flat out better than the 780 for

its broken, i cant keep it. im really sad about it because i thought that card would last atleast double of what it lasted. fucking jews at evga wont replace it.

Aren't 970s crap? Isn't it just better to get a 960 or 980?

You're the one who is.
I already told you I paid three times that price you said for mine. 450 dollars isn't even close to a lot of money. Fuck, 800 dollars on that GPU isn't that much if you have a job and planned your hardware upgrades properly.
I would only understand your situation if you had no job or were a 14 year old boy who wanted a cool GPU for your computer but couldn't afford blowing 450 in one.

>A GTX 1050 can hold you down if you only do 1080p 60fps gaming.

kek

Arma 3 on 1080p only runs 45fps avg on a 6 gig 1060 with and 6700k

(you)

private sellers, see: outletpc.com

what everyone should do is leave all these shitheads bad reviews.

For 1080p 60fps i think 970 are the best value, 960 might as well get a new 1050TI and 980s are i feel overkill and not worth the money especially if you take into consideration the risk of buying used ones.

Thanks bby.
Now go get a job and stop crying about a 1070ti being too expensive at 450 dollars.
Maybe ask your dad to borrow his lawnmower and go around the block doing some work for a granny or something.

arma 3 has shitty optimizations even for the bests of GPUs my friend. as a matter of fact, all arma games were notorious for having shit optimization. thats why no one plays it anymore.

at no point in time was a 1070TI $2000. on RELEASE DAY the card retailed for $450. if you did spend $1500 to $2000 for that card then you honestly should commit senpaku for how stupid you are with money, and even then no one will forgive you.

so just stop it. you are digging yourself deeper and deeper into the pit of retardation.

You say it like it's a bad thing, back when I had that card I'd rather be able to play shit than to care about stable fps. I would turn down everything and lower the resolution if needed to get near 30 fps and I was happy with it even if I couldn't because I could still enjoy the games.
But to answer your main question, you're in big trouble because of miners. Get anything below 500usd on sight be it a 1070 or 1060, good luck finding one too. Maybe you're better off buying a 970 like another user mentioned already.

You're the autismo who kept saying a 450 dollar 1070TI was too expensive. Stop backpedalling you autist. Pic is literally you right now.
If I can afford 800+ dollars on mine so can you if yours cost 450. Stop crying about it being too much unless you're as I suspect, a teenager NEET.

last i checked 970s were $500-$600 aswell.

also i was like that when SC2 was released. my GTS 250 along with the PC i made with it was a SC2 machine. the 780 spoiled me alot tho. even with SC2 i could play on full ultra without a single lag spike even on custom maps that spamed the map with 600+ units at once. was amazing.

you must reffering to the wrong user. i never said it was too expensive. im just pointing out how much of an autistic little faggot you are and calling you out on your obvious bullshit. you did not pay "3x" of $450 for a 1070TI. and IF you did then you need to kill yourself asap or at least jailed for being so stupid around money.

i think ive proven my point tho. no more (you)s for you. this is your last, savor it kiddo.

>Still sperging
>muh kiddo
user, just buy the GPU and stop crying about it being expensive on Sup Forums. Anyone with a job can afford one. Or just ask your dad for birthday or christmas.
Also thanks for the (you) bro you're breddy cool just a bit unemployed I guess.

Too slow. Only faguts use them.

>nobody plays arma anymore
>arma is on the top played steam games constantly and has a decent sized playerbase compared to well optimized games that die days after launch like lawbreakers

I ended up buying a used 1080 superclock for 600 bucks. The nice thing is that EVGA has transferable warranties. I'd say get used. I know that gigabyte has a transferable warranty too, but stay away from Asus

>970
>$500-$600
I checked because I wanted to sell mine and they're going for like $200 on eBay. It's not good at mining.

Trata de comprar en compragamer (ex Newton station), los de ahí son importadores directos y tiene precios bastante buenos, busca en la página web y si tenes huevos llamarlos para ver si te dan un descuento si pagas en efectivo, godspeed.

A gtx 970 off kijiji can be a good buy if you keep your eye out and test it before you buy if you wanna go over 60hz. If youre fine with 60hz then a gtx 770 can also be easy to find at a decent price

Haha just use the ryzen integrated gpu

Holy shit where?

Look at used 28nm cards. Lower power efficiency means miners aren't as interested in them.
970, 980, 980 Ti, 290, 290X, 390, 390X, Fury, or Fury X. You could also look at the 780 Ti and Titan Black, but Kepler is a pretty shitty architecture, so it's probably best to take the opportunity to move away from it. Also stay away from stock cooler R9 200 cards.

Nvidia site, but they got swiped by miners and scalpers.

I'm looking to sell my 1050 ti (evga 4gb). Used it for gaming throughout 2016. I wanted to upgrade when I got my financial excess for uni and the 1050 to is just gonna collect dust otherwise. If I list it on my eBay for like 165 it's up for grabs.

wait a month. bitcoin is crashing as we speak and mining won't even be worth the electricity. it's already only getting half the yield it did a month ago.

The irony of this post is that the ARMA engines get sold for simulation software for the military.

Some of the stories I wish I could tell you about how this fucking engine works are hysterically bad.

>In December
Fuck off

my 780 died as well, including the replacement they sent me. i wonder if any of those 780's have survived. fucking stock NVIDIA PCB garbage and massive power hungry chips.

always buy a custom PCB card with custom VRM, or enjoy your dead cards.

the 1070 is pretty good, 25-30% faster than the 780. if you can't get a 1070, got for the 1060, it's nearly the same performance to a 780 but much less power hungry and more VRAM.

My evga gtx 770 in pristine conditions - never mined on, barely gamed on.. and so on should sell for 157 usd based on what I've checked now.

My question is is it worth to sell it put some extra cash and buy a second hand 1060 6gb for 260 usd on average?

What would I have to test on said video card to make sure it was not used for mining 24/7.

Where in fuck are you finding any available for that? 1050ti is more expensive than that everywhere I've seen.

hey guys can somebody tell me what they think of this build, im looking for a higher end gaming/homework pc im going to reuse my old gtx680 until gpu prices go down or until i save up a bit more money

those are companies that cant raise their prices due to the shortage any cards that price are sold out

they are litterally on the official Nvidia site you retards. not stop asking.

Used 980Ti for $250

Out of stock doesn't count. They're never in stock. Whenever any show up some jackass buys all of them within a few seconds.

That's an okay price for it. It should be closer to 200, but with the market as it you can't have any guarantees. It might jump up in value

>windows
>seagate
>16:9
>buying a new CPU so soon before they have gotten their architecture shit together
>intel no less

intel is the best CPU brand you can possibly buy. seriously, what the living fuck is up with Sup Forums and hating anything that is meta or overly popular? is the entire site for hipsters or something?

>$0.50 deposited in your account.

I don't know much about graphics cards, but what is the difference between a full sized 1060 6gb w/ 2 fans (or 1 for blower-type) and the ones that look about half that size with only 1 fan (regardless of blower/open air), but are still "1060 6gb"?

>tfw 4770k and 780
>tfw GPU and RAM prices

you can buy directly from evga now
they sell out pretty quick but they restock daily, just have to be quick

cooling is worse with 1 fan, and as a result OC threshold is lower

Any idea what time they update the stock on their website?