I have a serious question gentoomen:

I have a serious question gentoomen:

Are there any laptops on the market with the option to remove the built in webcam and microphone?
Most of the time the quality is really shit so... what's the reason to have it in the first place?? Honestly if I really needed to be a part of a video conference or talk to my distant relatives I'd just use the camera on my phone or invest in a crappy 10€ webcam with a mic built in. I want the ability to choose.

Side question: can this be done on an X220?

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/products/librem-13/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also I hope laptops without a webcam become an industry standard, just imagine the space we would save by removing the webcam and extending the display lads.

>inb4 bezels are a meme

Just ignore the camera and microphone. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Disable them in bios

>If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
this

Just get a laptop with a service manual, open it up, and disconnect the cam and mic wires.

Yes, plenty of people do this with their X220.

>posts loli

Purism makes some laptops with hardware switches to sever the electrical connections to the microphone & camera. Be prepared to pay out the nose for it though.

kek'd

So basically there are no laptops that can be customized to exclude a built-in webcam and a small shitty microphone, I didn't know these parts were so essential

They seem like a bunch of hypocrites imho(check the spectre/meltdown post)

>I didn't know these parts were so essential
It's more about economics of scale. The manufacturer would need to produce two different versions of the chassis, when only a very small percentage of users would order the version without cam and mic.

But how will CIA niggers snoop on you wanking it then?

>when only a very small percentage of users would order the version without cam and mic

So fucking wrong chap, people who cam up use Logitech HD webcams for video and Yeti mics for sound.

The built in shit is basically only good for spying on you.

puri.sm - they have 2 laptops with hw kill switches for that shit I believe and a phone in development.

>huge tits
>loli

>Are there any laptops on the market with the option to remove the built in webcam and microphone?

Yes.
I work in a secure facility, where microphones and cameras aren't allowed, so all of our laptops have them removed.
Go for a business class laptop model and ask them for a "hardened" model. Specifically ask for "hardened" because it's a term that the government uses to specify a very specific thing.

They will charge you extra because they actually have a technician open the machine and remove the components.

"People who cam up" are another small minority. Most normies use the built in cam for skyping with family.

You would know this if you talked to people.

And of course I replied to the wrong poster.

Just tape over it like all the paranoid normies do

>Side question: can this be done on an X220?
Yes.

In a T420 too.

Normies don't fucking Skype their family.

Forgot to mention, these can be disabled in the BIOS.

The image isn't of a xx20 Series, but the BIOS settings are the same.

Are you fucking retarded? Jesus Christ, the utter state of Sup Forums. Get a fucking screwdriver and open your fucking laptop and unplug it. How fucking dumb can you possibly be? You can do this on nearly any laptop out there because they usually aren't soldered. Goddammit, you have fucking nothing between your ears but fecal matter. How have you not been killed when playing in traffic or something? Does mommy keep you on a fucking lead in the backyard? Natural selection isn't doing its job here.

t. sperglord orphan

Do you have proof that it is actually disabled?

I'm not a paranoid pedo, so I really don't care. Just have disabled it.

If you don't trust that info, then you might just as well put your laptop in the trash and pursue a life as a hermit.

No, because the BIOS is not open source.

That's why true Sup Forumsentoomen triple dip: disconnect, disable, and dape off :D:D:D

Wojack has been updated recently, use this one

fucking kill your self

It's alright, we all have our bad days, man

>Are there any laptops on the market with the option to remove the built in webcam and microphone?
I bought my x230 brand new without the webcam. There's just a bit of plastic blanking where it would have been. You can't order it without the mic. But you're not running a botnet OS, are you?

Hi there

What a fucking liar

Found the CIA nigger

Pop the top on your box and disable them shits yourself

Every single laptop on the market today is complete garbage.

Disable webcam support in your kernel

>huge

You can disable them in bios on most laptops.

Just remove the cable itself

get an asuspro

So far is the only one that actually got me something to go on
Are there really no business laptops that you can just configure to come without the webcam and microphone attached?
It seems like I either have to get an old ThinkPad or void my warranty.

You can disable it via bios, or if youre a winfag, the device manager.

You can easily remove the screen bezel and unplug webcam and microphone there. I did that with my x220

What makes these any different from the new ThinkPad models? I dont see any option to customize the laptops but I am on my phone so dunno

You can disable webcam in bios on most thinkpads

>not using the latest version of wojack

>can this be done on an X220?
Pretty sure all you have to do is open it and unplug the mic and camera wires, if not then feel free to cut them.

On older laptops that aren't built specifically so you can't repair them, you can just remove/ cut the cables.

My old ass Toshiba from 2009 lets me turn off both in the BIOS, I imagine a lot of laptops do

cut it

You can disable it on BIOS

second and third dips are unnecessary :DDDDD

Can't wait to see Sup Forums after more laptops have windows hello enabled..

But he's right, you know.

Removing it physically is the only guaranteed way

So use a desktop. No laptop can match proper desktop peripherals. Problem fucking solved.

Intel ME can turn it back on

Dude I know a girl who thinks Firefox and Google are the same thing that regularly uses Facetime to talk to her friends.
Normies do absolutely Skype their families.

unplug the cam

I don't have Intel ME.

>loli
lol

>implying if it was loli it would be illegal
you 3rd world shitholer

pueget makes custom laptops, do that

Take the /zuck/ pill and use black tape faggot.

If macbook is pic related, you can remove the webcam. Just take the screen cover off.

What are you doing that's so important for you to PAY EXTRA to disable a microphone and a webcam?

I'm getting the feeling that you're doing something illegal, because this kind of behavior is unheard of among normal people, nobody pays extra for these features unless you're doing something illegal

My advice for you is to stop being a fucking nigger and don't commit crime

puri.sm/products/librem-13/
#ad

Fuck off

this

I know Dell let's you order their latitude business laptops with out a cam/mic

So, what, are you running a custom-built CPU from before 1993?