Is it dead?

Is it dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/
github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/graphs/contributors
github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Might as well be. It’s stupid to try to compete with the groups that provide most of the ripped anime.

nyaa.si is superior.

It was a stillborn.

yes
Don't fuck with the cartel.

Thanks

悲しいすぎる~~
It sucks because NyaaPantsu has the best classic nyaa theme.

make a stylish theme for nyaa.si with current nyaa.pantsu graphics then

I don't want to install plugins.
>graphics
I don't think that's the right word -- I'm not talking about pantsu's original theme. See pic; the only thing I hate are the flags.

hopefully, but nyaa.si has a shitty dark theme

it was always dead, it's almost as if you can make something successful unless you have support of the community and the content suppliers

Can you give us the down-low on the specifics of what happened?

Damn, I needed this thread. I vaguely remember being told that nyaa.pantsu.cat/ was the better one somehow, so it was the only one I kept bookmarked.

In hindsight it's straight offline right now. I thought this thread was saying if I don't find content on it it's because it's not the main one.

Pantsu nyaa dev had made a Jew joke on Twitter years ago so the folks at HorribleSubs and their general circlejerk declared him persona non grata and made nyaa.si instead.

>liking the original nyaa theme
Losing that was the only useful outcome from the whole drama.

The dark mode IS shit, though.

>I thought this thread was saying if I don't find content on it it's because it's not the main one.
Mukashi mukashi, nyaapantsu scraped nyaa.si. Then nyaa.si blocked them. Then after some negotiations nyaa.si let pantsu scrape them again. Then nyaa.si blocked them for good.
Shit taste. At least we agree that nyaa.si's dark theme is total dung.

man this is some really limp dick backstory to creating a competing service

Not really, but it I think they used a more recent original Nyaa backup and they also have kept comments of old torrents.

>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/graphs/contributors
It looks like it is going in suspension mode.
Especially now that they're doing a Batoto replacement. See github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga

Well, yeah, I'm sort of aware of nyaa.si's inception and the whole si/pantsu dichotomy, but what exectly caused pantsu to become irrelevant and whatever the hell's going on now? Last I checked, pantsu had more content and the more active userbase, so what gives?

For me personally, pantsu died when their nyaa.si scrapper stopped working.

This mostly. Since Crunchyroll sort of devastated the fansub community, what's left of it is highly coordinated, and they agreed to not upload directly to pantsu as punishment for antisemitism. Pantsu was scraping uploads anyway but ended up getting blocked, I guess as further punishment for antisemitism.

I wanted to use NyaaPantsu, but it just didn't work out.

Not anyone ITT previously, but was it really anti-semitism? "Pantsu nyaa dev had made a Jew joke on Twitter years ago" sounds relatively innocuous compared to "anti-semitism"

>twitter
Pretty sure the joke was actually on one of the threads on Sup Forums.

Antisemitism is just a stupid excuse. I can't see anyone taking it seriously.

Is it gone this time?

There's already mangadex.

if i was an uploader i wouldn't want to associate with dumb Sup Forums memes either, the pantsu servers are super unstable anyway so it doesn't really matter

ewhal4 said that they are under maintenance

No should be up later today

お前はもうしんでいる

Pantsu goes down all the time. Unless someone actually makes an official announcement, it's just another outage.

Does it matter? They have no content anyway, lol.

Pantsufags can't code, use Nyaa.si and Mangadex instead.

>Pantsu goes down all the time.
This is the only thing I was in the thread for.

>I vaguely remember being told that nyaa.pantsu.cat/ was the better one somehow
That's because the nyaapantsu devs constantly flooded Sup Forums and Sup Forums to shill their site. You don't remember the "Nyaa Replacements General" that would always conveniently mention only nyaapantsu and throw a shitfit if anyone mentioned nyaa.si?

it's fine
good Sup Forums project

Shitfits about nyaa.si are because it was started by a sub cartel including the likes of Commie, who insert shitty fucking memes into half of their subs, get shit wrong, and then act condescending to anyone who points out their shit. Cuntbags like that don't deserve the honor of supplying chinese cartoons.

Sweet. Thanks

nyaapantsu shill detected

Oh and they have a history of harassing all the other sub groups simply because they don't follow their shit memes.

Does commie even do anything anymore? I haven't watched a show they "subbed" (or CR edited really) in years.

>nyaapantsu scraped nyaa.si
>Then nyaa.si blocked them
>Then after some negotiations nyaa.si let pantsu scrape them again
>Then nyaa.si blocked them for good.
ecchi

So pantsu NTR'd .si?

Are there ANY fansub groups still alive out there, guys? Everything I see has CR subs or slightly-edited CR subs with signs

>tfw you will never again run home on a thursday evening and download the latest naruto episode from dattebayo subs
truly the end of an era, i will never forget all the autists making their subs for free. at least they're happily employed at CR now, right?

sounds like it

A lot of groups took CR subs because it eliminated a time-consuming step. They TL-checked and edited them. I don't think there's a problem with it.

>truly the end of an era
Indeed

Give me a fansub database right now

Well Thats only for the english langage tho.
Fansub group are pretty sucessfull in others.

>is X dead

>search up a show
>either HorribleSubs or a literal who sub group that is somehow worse
anime is ded

Fansubs died years ago.

Cool it with the anti semitic remarks.

Sorry about that Rosenstein.

Great. I'll copy some magnets from si and upload them to pantsu later :^)

Can't pantsu just use a bunch of cloudfare protected servers to scrape the jewnyaa without being blocked?

Daiz can't keep getting away with this.

As for the manga site the backend is nearly completely done and functional and I'm making decent progress on the frontend.
Reader is nearly done and the site looks real good.
Hopefully should have something up by tomorrow or the next day depending on how quickly things progress

Yes because they cared more about a fucking mascot instead of fixing the long list of bugs.

you're cool, bro

Still tons of work to be done

I use nyaa.si because I heard bad things about pantsu but I like the theme

just so everyone knows, the horriblesubs dev is part of the cartel (nyaa.si) and used wording like
>prefer the people we *trust* and *know*
>not racist
etc.

what happened, though? the first thing that came across my mind when i saw that cloudflare banner was ddos.

Good riddance. The less anime to pollute the internet, the better.

the thing i liked most was the way they styled the text for when moves came out

Is Mangadex run by those nyaa.si liars?

>Pantsu nyaa dev had made a Jew joke on Twitter years ago so the folks at HorribleSubs and their general circlejerk declared him persona non grata and made nyaa.si instead.
Is this really what happened?

they didn't make the site because of that, they had always planned to make their website. They simply bad mouthed it and used their position in power to tell people use their website instead

aka cartel shit like last time

>Mascot

>dattebayo subs
Shit man they weren't even close to the best, but they always had the subs up the fastest. At least that's how I remembered them.

Why "compete"?
It's just torrents, they can index them in like 2 seconds

Like I don't understand why it matters where it gets released first

Are any of the nyaa clones providing db dumps any more?

yeah
and if any lesson is to be learned from the nyaa event, it's that having backups is good

erai-raws.

They're pretty much dead but still release a show every six months maybe. They seem to have completely changed their tune on jokesubbing everything with dead memes and random typesetting and shit. Now it's just innofensive font+karaoke edits they drop a month in. I guess getting mocked constantly for years in their own comment section finally got to them.

>TL Note: Ittadakimasu means To the dark lord I pray to thee

This was the official story from HorribleSubs but I'm pretty sure they just wanted to use their own service over an open source one.

and yet nyaapantsu fails even that much

Better dead than red

It's Doki's service, that one group still banned from Nyaa over some 10 year old drama between long dead translators. They also operate their own tracker, torrent index, IRC bots and a whole lot of other shit.

nyaa pantsu was definitely better so its a shame nyaa.si won in the end

I don't get it? they get mad over a jew thing and they literally choose nyaa.si which is basically nazi

It was just an excuse. HS is part of the cabal so of course they were going to choose the cabal's service over another. The cabal didn't like pantsu because they don't like competition in general, so they tried to character assassinate the fag running it. Their efforts were meaningless however, since pantsudev is incompetent and killed his site without any help.

what is the cabal

name one thing nazi did that didn't benefit jews
>inb4 muh 6 gorylion argument

okay

the spic cartel

>cabal
*cartel

>cartel
Loose connections among chinese cartoon fansubbing groups. Those in red make up its core (pic related, outdated)
>cabal
cartel, except with private trackers and much worse

Whoops, poor wording >cabal
private trackers' analogue to the cartel, except it's much worse

by what fucking metric? certainly not uptime, stability, content, or accurate tracking

Thanks for fighting the good fight, man. Don't let the haters get to you.

fuck off leftoid