Official Sup Forums Router Thread

>2018
>not managing your router responsibly

1) What model router do you have?
2) What firmware do you use? Is it up to date?
3) Have you considered business-grade routing?

Daily reminder that DDWRT is shit and you should be using LEDE or Gargoyle for stability and speed.

Hourly reminder that Tomato is dead and you should move to a non-dead firmware.

ATTENTION ARCHER C7 USERS AKA PIC RELATED. YOU HAVE A BRAND NEW FIRMWARE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE TP-LINK SITE THAT FIXES THE KRACK VULN AND OTHER STUFF. IF YOU'RE NOT READY FOR LEDE, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST UPDATE YOUR STOCK FIRMWARE NOW.

Other urls found in this thread:

librecmc.org/
ubnt.com/legal/privacypolicy/#c1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People who use a router that has their AP integrated into it are brainlets.

Get an actual router and then a bunch of APs and spread them around your house. I use Mikrotik, but there are other brands

Reminder to use a router firmware that respects your freedoms.
librecmc.org/

Means lots of wiring doesn't it ?

Or you use relays

>implying I'm autistic enough to have such a complicated and unnecessary setup
How about I just buy a normal consumer-grade router with a 4-port switch and AP and be done with it?

Archer C7 V2 running LEDE still the best budget solution ?

Turris Omnia (1gb version)
Added an mSATA SSD

What's the router with the best 5 GHz reception?
Should run LEDE / OpenWRT too.

>€300

2-3 years ago I switched to Pfsense and left the rt-n66u in AP mode with tomato shibby firmware. Pfsense has been rock solid and does everything I need it to do.

What is the cheapest upgrade from an R7000 that has MIMO?

What a loser. Potato wifi too lol

TPLINK TL-WDR3600 v1 (router / ap)
Dlink DIR835-A1 (ap)

Both running ddwrt. Bought them both cheap. They're reliable and have not yet failed on me in the 5 years I've owned them. You're autistic if you think there's anything wrong with these devices.

DIR-615
DDWRT

Its okay, but now the QoS page does not work, I also want AC, any good routers that are easy to flash?

Bonus points for per user data logging

>defensive
>projecting

underrated post

no unifi?

I have an edgerouter x and AP lite. most reliable internet I have ever had.

Thanks for the heads up, just updated my C7's firmware.

Currently using an AP AC Pro as well as one of there mesh networking units. 10/10 experience.

I bought a nighthawk x6 from some Russian grandma at a garage sale for $14. Still works too.

I have that exact one actually. It's pretty nice.

Was $200, shipping included, for the early bird version.

The wifi is fine, also you can swap it out for whatever you want anyway. There's even a cheaper version that doesn't include any wifi hardware if you plan to do that.

>IN ADDITION, WE MAY AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT LOCATION INFORMATION (INCLUDING LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE), PERFORMANCE DATA, MOTION DATA, TEMPERATURE DATA, POWER USAGE DATA, AND ANY DATA OR SIGNALS COLLECTED BY THE DEVICES AS PART OF THE USAGE DATA.
ubnt.com/legal/privacypolicy/#c1

>Reminder to use a router firmware that respects your freedoms.

What's the best router I can buy on Amazon right now that supports librecmc?

soooo after a long time of using open wrt on a wdr 3600 i decided to change the fw a bit
but im having a lot of problem finding a really NEW fw that has the same level of access as open wrt does

is anyone bored enough to give me a list with known fw that works with tp link in general?

any good dsl routers that connect to phone lines, century link has me fucked

this is why i use mikrotik like what the first post faggot said

tl-wr1043nd (librecmc for MAXIMUM freedoms) master race

>WE DO NOT COLLECT THE CONTENTS OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS THAT PASS THROUGH OUR DEVICES OR SERVICES.
I guess you can’t read?

>LEDE or Gargoyle for stability and speed.

do they have these for my WRT54G and is there really any benefit to them over the DDWRT that I already have installed on it?

They still collect metadata like lists of your devices, their MAC addresses, your network topology and so forth.

dir-860L is also an interesting option if you can't find an archer c7 v2

Running a WDR3700 since 5 years too and I can confirm these things were solid af.
Not sure what I'll do once it breaks, probably mikrotik or some pf based solution

Because they suck little poor tard niglet.

archer c7 v4 running DD-WRT is the best solution.
>better CPU than v2
>better 5GHz chipset
>less power requirements
>higher overclocking abilities

what's a good AP?

I'm looking to get a new router for my apartment, but it's got to be able to compete with a fuckton of other signals.

mikrotik is based
>cheap
>lots of features
>reliable
>good performance
might have a steep learning curve for beginners but routerOS works great after you learn to configure it

Trips of truth
pfsense on old HP thinnet
and I forget the AP's I use. (like acer/asus in house, netgear or something in garage)

LR is cheap af sometimes, thinkin about it. Talking job into getting a few pros to try out

ubiquity
also don't buy it. Get a normal router like a normal person.

Asus Wireless AC3100 Gigabit Router (RT-AC3100)

Mi router 3g is getting good support.
Have it running LEDE/openwrt.

Impressed with the performance after tuning the 2.4ghz wireless settings.

How's the USB 3 performance on Xiaomi 3G?

Full unifi here. (router, switch, APs)

Doesn't have to
it more autistic to try to install a diffrent rom on your shit box because your too stupid to get a seperate router and Ap, and your try to emulate them with a single cpu.

Best thing is, that I'm loving PoE devices, makes wiring so much simpler.

i feel for the unifi meme

I kinda regret it. feel like they try to jew you by making you need a controller

Literally i just buy cheap all in ones and dedicate them with ddwrt to do one thing only.

I have a e1200 that's my ap. I won't let it do anything else nor is it actually capable. But I don't let an all in one do it all i don't play like that.

Put PFSense on a Zotac Zbox and am just using some Asus thing for the wireless AP. Can't go back now that I see all that PFSense has to offer. Even DD-WRT pales in comparison.

>ubiquity
Collects all your metadata.

Get any router and put your CenturyLink one into modem mode. Been working great for me since my CenturyLink one was an overheating piece of shit when it had to do routing tasks.

It works.
Sorry I haven't tested the network speed.

Sonicwall TZ100 wireless. Thing is dated as fuck, with ancient firmware, but I love the way you can manage NAT and firewall rules independently. For WiFi I use Unifi 5ghz APs.

need a new AP with strong wireless signal because the current one is too unreliable for streaming from my NAS when I'm in the basement and cabling is not feasible in my house
should I just buy an archer c7 (~100$ in my country) or there is something cheaper that can run openwrt/lede?

Yeah I want a better router. It sucks that my ISP uses shit like VDRL2 or something I can't find any gateways that support that

Just ordered APU2C4 with an SSD and WiFi mini PCI cards. OpenWRT or pfSense?

Give me a firmware that supports Android USB tethering. So the router will get internet connection from my phone for these other devices connected to it. The stock firmware had it but for some reading the speed is actual garbage. USB tethering to anything else I tried gives me awesome speed. So the implementation in stock firmware is clearly broken.

Help me figure this out: last year someone managed to change the ddns settings on my modem router, giving em access to all my devices and they even restreamed my cameras and trolled me/doxed/raided me/ddosed me etc
I asked for help here back when I had no clue wtf was going on and no one could help me. So what I think it happened is that I downloaded something that was constantly pushing this malicious cfg into the modem (I was retarded and had default user:pass when this happened). Everytime i connected my pc directly to the modem it was showing that I was connected to "utopia.net". A few google searches later I found out this is a dns hijacking related domain.
Have you ever heard about this? Any info regarding how this shit actually works?

Help me figure this out: last year someone managed to change the ddns settings on my modem router, giving em access to all my devices and they even restreamed my cameras and trolled me/doxed/raided me/ddosed me etc
I asked for help here back when I had no clue wtf was going on and no one could help me. So what I think it happened is that I downloaded something that was constantly pushing this malicious cfg into the modem (I was retarded and had default user:pass when this happened). Everytime i connected my pc directly to the modem it was showing that I was connected to "utopia.net". A few google searches later I found out this is a dns hijacking related domain.
Have you ever heard about this? Any info regarding how this shit actually works? And how the fuck there's no easy way to reject all dns connections? Apparently it can use any random port. Who the fuck thought this shit was a good idea??

You can do better these days.

>be me
>have turris omnia
>update rolls out
>turris breaks
>we have a fix, just update x and y
>unable to update, system wget does not support ssl
>"we are fixing our upstream"
>two months later, still not fixed
>had to reflash firmware from usb
>it works
>next update breaks it again

i love the hardware, but the software maintainers are retards. it is wven recommended to install updates few days after release so that your roiter does not get fucked up if they release some broken update.

Trying to get a E2000 working with LEDE but only one of the ethernet ports works, yet my EA4500 works without any other packages installed. Fuck Broadcom.

Such as?